[Fix][Dec-12] Youtube app without breaking MP4/3GP playback

Search This thread

Jabe

Sep 23, 2008
i am having some "troubles" with landscape mode. when i want to search and open up the phone, the app does not go to landscape. instead i have to rotate the screen to portrait and look at it under 90 degree angle. however, it goes to landscape when the movie starts playing. Is this normal behaviour?

intered14

Jun 2, 2007
Even after I downloaden and installed those files I have problems with connection to the movies. Some movies will play, but most movies I am trying to play can't connect.

The screens stays on "Connecting..." for a few minutes, then I get the error saying I can't connect.

Any clue?

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
Even after I downloaden and installed those files I have problems with connection to the movies. Some movies will play, but most movies I am trying to play can't connect.

The screens stays on "Connecting..." for a few minutes, then I get the error saying I can't connect.

Any clue?

did you have proxy enabled? You may have to disable to have proper connection. check the setting hklm\software\htc\youtube and look for ignoreproxy..

gold333

Dec 27, 2008
I read heaps of threads on enabling high resolution youtube on the X1.

Some threads seemed scary with apps writing hundreds of files to the windows directory.

I finally tried the 0.1 .cab referenced on the first post of this thread (12 dec).

It's just a 5mb .cab installer like any other.

It works very very well. It's just a perfect full res youtube app for the X1.

My only question, how can we get rid of the (somewhat) annoying 1 pixel white lines to the left and bottom of the full screen view. It kind of ruins it.

Apart from this this is without a doubt the best youtube app yet for the X1.

Dadaism

Dec 24, 2008
zenkinz, have you fixed the setup xml file considering the install dir part?
Topic is still dec12 ;).

Sealobo

Dec 28, 2008
Greeting from Hong Kong!

Installed the X'mas CAB update on my X1i AND the Panel from the other thread and they work fine so far.

The 1-pixel line to the left and bottom when playing landscape would be the last "bug" to fix to perfect this tweak!

diablo2004

Jul 10, 2008
Sorry for my English.

I just wanted to know youtube installed the cab but I have not started to change my rom is Spanish series.

1234fire

Jan 1, 2009
Weimar
problems with wifi

after installing the youtube cab my internet conncection sucked big time. wifi was impossible, I could not reach any website. after deinstalling everything worked fine, the wifi speed now is 2times faster :eek:

anyway, I don't know if its my fault, but when i opend the youtube website and want to see videos, the resolution of this files is damn small. the viewing window of the youtube file is 10% of the complete screen. of course I can switch to fullscreen mode, but then there are artefacts as hell...

any suggestions?

volkmar

Dadaism

Dec 24, 2008
not yet, although I know it's easy to fix it just that I'm been taking a long break playing with my nephews .. :p

will try posting it after new year.

No Problem! Thanks for your work. And a happy new year :D.
In the actual version it does not hard code in win dir? Its just an error in the install paths, isn't it?

nurps

Dec 8, 2008
I installed Youtube-Registry-Patch.cab

After doing that:
- core player plays 3gp files again (didnt work before)
- camera application goes black and stutters the sound (showed the broken video icon before) when trying to playback a taken video
- manila tells me it cant open youtube anymore (worked before)
- core player still works with youtube

What else can i do?

vuln

Oct 14, 2007
Dubai
YouTube.exe.409.mui not shown in the windows directory

Hi, installed the X1i-Youtube.cab and it asked me to restart the x1 which i did, after that i looked for the application in the programs and couldn't find it, i also looked for the YouTube.exe.409.mui in the windows directory and couldn't find it as well, i tried to install the cab file again and it told me that program already installed and if i wish to remove it, i said yes and it told me the program cannot be removed, i tried to run the registry fix cab as well but again nothing changed. i installed the X1i-Youtube.cab on the device it self not on the storage. can someone help me, how i can remove the previous installation without doing hard reset. did anyone had the same problem? im having english ROM, it is retail X1 device.

thanks

xx-EmmaC-xx

Dec 31, 2008
Help

So Yea Im kinda of a noob when it comes to installing this kind of stuff ive tried downloading the registery files and the patch file on my x1, with the panel file and when i click the youtube panel it says "opening" and then the screen justs goes blank can anyone just give me a brief walkthrough of how to install it?

Daminipo

Dec 30, 2008
So Yea Im kinda of a noob when it comes to installing this kind of stuff ive tried downloading the registery files and the patch file on my x1, with the panel file and when i click the youtube panel it says "opening" and then the screen justs goes blank can anyone just give me a brief walkthrough of how to install it?

Hi EmmaC,

Well I kinda had the same problem, but if you read through the Thread you gonna find interessting stuff. ;)

I suppose you don't have an English version of WM installed on your X1, so you need to change the name of:
YouTube.exe.0409
you'll find the mui-File in the "/Windows" Dir.

into something like the following depending on your Language:
French: YouTube.exe.040c.mui ( I think 040c is for french) (from zenkinz, page 5)
Dutch: YouTube.exe.0413 (from jaimergaastra, page 8)
For german this is: "YouTube.exe.0407.mui" (from hiho199, page 7)

Thanks for the great Work, works perfectly for me!
Also the Panel is working smoothly!
And thanks you three, for giving out the namechanges you have to make.
I think it would be great to mention that in the first post with the download.
It took me a while till I found out...
:D

Cheers!

scparker

Jan 5, 2009
Application Does Not Appear to Work At All

Hello,

I downloaded the cab file posted 11/12/2008. I do not have any other previous incarnation of youtube. I installed it onto the phone's storage card and not onto the external storage card.

Nothing has happened and the panel is not available for me to choose. I consequently installed the panel patch (not the registry patch) and still nothing has happened. I restarted my phone after each install.

What am I doing wrong?

Sincerely,

Stephen