Search This thread

DaKidSlim

Nov 3, 2010
i cannot find this entry in build.prop

ro.product.multi_touch_enabled=true
ro.product.max_num_touch=2

DaKidSlim

Nov 3, 2010
oh yes i just noticed that thanks.. but my root explorer only has open as text.. i cant edit anything

lozzer

Aug 23, 2010
Jaroslaw
does not work on my x10 with 2.0.2.A.0.24. Phone is rooted, I used the flasher by Bin4ry to flash the kernel the edited, copied etc but no chance to use DT.
Now it works ! I needed to check Wipe user data box just before flashing :)

Last edited:

xtrmshadow

Oct 26, 2010
Castellon , Spain
Hey there ^
Been trying to do this but it seems i got problems for downloading the xml file from mediafire,could someone please upload it to another host?^ Thank you =)

DaKidSlim

Nov 3, 2010
Maybe u didnt se editing option. As far as I remember its on the very button of the list so u need to scroll down.

yea i checked... only open as text, might be available on older versions of root explorer. ah well.. i dont really need multi touch on everything anyways just for browsing.. thanks for the help

Mr_Element

Jun 1, 2010
Thessaloniki
Γάμησες κι έδειρες, έτσι και στα ελληνικά για να δούνε ποιοι είμαστε και πως αγγίζουμε την τελειότητα...! Μπράβο!

xtrmshadow

Oct 26, 2010
Castellon , Spain
C'mon =p Somebody upload the .xml file to another host(megaupload,rapidshare,4shared <-- if possible my favorite).
Got a problem with my explorer and cant access mediafire properly -_-.

Thanks =p

Regards

DaRk_dOg

Oct 2, 2010
After the last entry, add the following lines:

Code:

Nice contribution señorita!

One question though: what if you changed the value

ro.product.max_num_touch=2 to

ro.product.max_num_touch=4, or some other number? Would it increase the touch points in more than two?

Regards, D_d

Montague

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton AB
Hi guys, Does anyone know that If I just want to add the DT into my phone, do i have to check the wipe user data when flashing it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I installed the latest DT kernel from SE in my X10 using this trick (Thanks Bin4ry!!!). :)

I am currently on stock SE ROM,
    2.0.A.0.504, and I noticed that dual touch was not working on every app, but only on some third-party apps.

So, I did some research and found out how to enable it in every app that supports it! :)

It is very easy!

FIRST FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL, AS DESCRIBED HERE!

And then...

[ROOT REQUIRED]

Step 1 (Optional, according to
    arkedk
    , thanks for pointing out! :) However, I did it on my phone, it doesn't cause any trouble and I haven't personally tested this method without it)

• Using Root Explorer, navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".
    • After the last entry, add the following lines:
    • Press Menu, then Save and Exit.
    • Delete the build.pro.bak that was created (or move it to your sd card, if you want to keep a backup)

Step 2

• Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using Root Explorer, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked: the whole first column and the first from the second.

snap20110120_070159.png

• Exit Root Explorer and reboot.

DONE!!!! Try it on Google Maps! ;)

Oh! And consider pressing the "Thank You" button if I made your life a little better! LOL! :D

22/1/2011: Thanks to the kind member who donated to me generously! :)
    And I would love if he/she contacted me via PM so I will know the nickname, because on the Paypal receipt I only see his/her full name!
    Works in browser and Google maps. But, still does not work in Mediascape. Anyway to get that working too?

Good job! :)

The Mediascape app does not support it, unfortunately.
    Maybe we can push the newest mediascape.apk from the Domoco ROM.
    Works in stock browser and Google maps. But, still does not work in Mediascape. Anyway to get that working too?

Good job! :)
    working perfectly

thanks alot
    It works
    Thanks Mate.... Great to have you on XDA

Actually, I am a girl,
    but still... really glad I helped! :D :)