Way to remote control android phone With tablet

Search This thread

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
I was wondering if there was a way to remote view and interact with my android phone on my Transformer Prime kind of like Splashtop with my PC. I have an HTC Inspire 4G Rooted running CM7. I would like to use this while in class where it's frowned upon to have my phone out. It would be mostly to text but would be useful for file transfers and thing of that nature. Let me know if you know of anything that works thanks.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
I was wondering if there was a way to remote view and interact with my android phone on my Transformer Prime kind of like Splashtop with my PC. I have an HTC Inspire 4G Rooted running CM7. I would like to use this while in class where it's frowned upon to have my phone out. It would be mostly to text but would be useful for file transfers and thing of that nature. Let me know if you know of anything that works thanks.

VNC!

Although I haven't been all that successful with finding a good VNC server solution with Android.

So I'd be interested too!

Reactions: JeanEatsWorld

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
VNC!

Although I haven't been all that successful with finding a good VNC server solution with Android.

So I'd be interested too!

Good I'm glad I am not the only one here who wants something like that. Does anyone know if it would be possible to port the Splashtop Streamer to an android format?

keonikapila

Sep 28, 2011
Kapolei
If you don't need to see your phones actual desktop, you could try either of these:

Remote Desktop by Kołakowski Damian

AirDroid by Sand Studio

Run the app on your phone and use your tablet's web browser to connect. I've tested both with the Prime's stock Browser and it works fine.

AFAIK, you can't actually use any of the apps installed on the phone you're connected to, but they have their own built-in solutions to access the address book, filesystem, SMS, and call logs.

omac_ranger

Apr 7, 2010
www.droidnerds.com

I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for ;)

It's called webkey and it allows you to connect to your phone to any browser and remote access it, text from it, use all the screen functions (alas, not SUPER fast, but you can). It's very neat. And can also be used as a security feature. Beware though: from past experience it can cause a mean wakelock (might have been fixed by now). Hope this helps!

It's called webkey and it allows you to connect to your phone to any browser and remote access it, text from it, use all the screen functions (alas, not SUPER fast, but you can). It's very neat. And can also be used as a security feature. Beware though: from past experience it can cause a mean wakelock (might have been fixed by now). Hope this helps!

It does work but its so slow that it was useless between my evo and prime. Would be nice to see something via bluetooth,

If you just plan on texting, then I would also recommend AirDroid as you can just tether via bluetooth, then enable Airdroid and text and whatnot via it. I've done that quite a few times.

Im wanting to open apps and use them, example if i have my prime hooked up to my dslr camera i can view the screen and take pics or adjust remotely

TehH4rRy

Jun 6, 2011
If you just plan on texting, then I would also recommend AirDroid as you can just tether via bluetooth, then enable Airdroid and text and whatnot via it. I've done that quite a few times.

Exactly how do you go about setting it via bluetooth? Tether the phone to the tablet via bluetooth then connect the airdroid using the domain IP?

fasthair

Sep 26, 2010
Moto G Power
Exactly how do you go about setting it via bluetooth? Tether the phone to the tablet via bluetooth then connect the airdroid using the domain IP?

Yes pair the phone and tablet via Bluetooth first. Then launch the app on your phone switch it to use BT. Then launch your browser on the tablet and enter the ip address the phone app tells you.

Bonus... You can use this app to tether you tablet to the phones data connection!

fasthair

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA

hellalucard

May 13, 2011
There is also TabletTalk that works with WIFI and Bluetooth really well for texting.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: inciongnene

cullenmq1

Sep 19, 2011
have any of you tried droid vnc server? I tried it a while ago and can't remember if it was good or not

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
i've been thinking about sitting down a bit, compile adb client for arm, compile again for the nexus with adb-over-network (thanks cm team, ofc :D), root tfp, push adb binary, set permissions right, and adb how much i want transformer prime>nexus prime :D

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

overhauling

Aug 15, 2011
have any of you tried droid vnc server? I tried it a while ago and can't remember if it was good or not

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium
Guys, Droid VNC Server is what you're looking for.

Download this VNC Server on your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.onaips.vnc&hl=en

and then a VNC Viewer on your prime, here are a couple VNC Viewers: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=VNC+Viewer&c=apps

Here's a free VNC Viewer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImFuZHJvaWQuYW5kcm9pZFZOQyJd

This will let you control your phone , and I'm guessing that this can kick ass if you use it with CornerStone. Let me know your results if you try it !

EDIT: Screenshot,

Screenshot_2012-05-02-20-59-09.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ro_explorer

jmikeb92

Feb 23, 2012
Syracuse
Could you show me the correct settings to use in that viewer?

Vicolodo

Oct 10, 2011
Hello,

i tried to remote access my tablet acer a500 (that i leave at home) from an other tablet 'dell streak mini':

I installed a VNC server on the a500 and setup on my home router the port forwarding of port 5901 to the ip address (static) of the a500

and installed a VNC client on the dell streak,
setting vnc to connect to the ip address of the router and port 5901.

This seems work fine,
answer to my post if you need more details...

Bye!

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Hello,

i tried to remote access my tablet acer a500 (that i leave at home) from an other tablet 'dell streak mini':

I installed a VNC server on the a500 and setup on my home router the port forwarding of port 5901 to the ip address (static) of the a500

and installed a VNC client on the dell streak,
setting vnc to connect to the ip address of the router and port 5901.

This seems work fine,
answer to my post if you need more details...

Bye!

Is there a way without root?

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Why Don't you give ''Tablet Remote'' a shot?

If you wanna control your tablet via android phone, why don't give ''Tablet Remote'' a try in Google Play? But texting function may not be supported.
Just few setup steps and you're free to use :)

But so far i haven seen kind of free apps which allow phone for texting. :/ The only apps which is chargable($2.99) called ''Tablet Talk''.

"Tablet Talk works by connecting your Android tablet and phone over Bluetooth or WiFi, allowing you to text on your tablet anywhere and anytime. At home? Just connect your tablet and phone to your WiFi network. At work or on the road? Switch to Bluetooth mode and your tablet can SMS without an internet connection.
When you receive a text, it instantly syncs to your tablet. When you send a text from your tablet, it instantly syncs to your phone, where it is sent using your mobile number. Even status updates for sent SMS sync instantly to your tablet.
But what about when you don’t have your tablet? Whenever you connect your devices, Tablet Talk will automatically sync any newly sent and received texts to your tablet, ensuring your tablet’s inbox is always up to date!" from googleplay

Just a suggestion though :)
Whitefang

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
If you wanna control your tablet via android phone, why don't give ''Tablet Remote'' a try in Google Play? But texting function may not be supported.

But so far i haven seen kind of free apps which allow phone for texting. :/ The only apps which is chargable($2.99) called ''Tablet Talk''.

"Tablet Talk works by connecting your Android tablet and phone over Bluetooth or WiFi, allowing you to text on your tablet anywhere and anytime. At home? Just connect your tablet and phone to your WiFi network. At work or on the road? Switch to Bluetooth mode and your tablet can SMS without an internet connection.
When you receive a text, it instantly syncs to your tablet. When you send a text from your tablet, it instantly syncs to your phone, where it is sent using your mobile number. Even status updates for sent SMS sync instantly to your tablet.
But what about when you don’t have your tablet? Whenever you connect your devices, Tablet Talk will automatically sync any newly sent and received texts to your tablet, ensuring your tablet’s inbox is always up to date!" from googleplay

Whitefang

Can you call?
Also, is there a way to control your android phone without root?
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you don't need to see your phones actual desktop, you could try either of these:

Remote Desktop by Kołakowski Damian

AirDroid by Sand Studio

Run the app on your phone and use your tablet's web browser to connect. I've tested both with the Prime's stock Browser and it works fine.

AFAIK, you can't actually use any of the apps installed on the phone you're connected to, but they have their own built-in solutions to access the address book, filesystem, SMS, and call logs.
    Call? Root?

Can you call?
    Also, is there a way to control your android phone without root?
    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using XDA

Tablet Talk supports ''Calling ID Notification''. ASUS TF300T Does'nt have SIMcard slot if i'm not mistaken :) So if you planning to call from tablet, it's not possible. But if from android phone, yes you may receive/call. If incoming call/message present, it will be displayed in ur phone/tablet's screen :)

So far ROOT is not needed for connection purpose :) Most Remote-like apps don't need Rooted devices to work. Rooting normally needed like overwrite/backing up important apps/files inside your Read-Only-Memory (ROM), exp. Titanium Backup pro ;)

If you have further doubts, perhaps you can contact person in charge for TabletTalk :) here: tablettalkandroid@gmail.com

Sincerely,
    Whitefang

Yes pair the phone and tablet via Bluetooth first. Then launch the app on your phone switch it to use BT. Then launch your browser on the tablet and enter the ip address the phone app tells you.

Bonus... You can use this app to tether you tablet to the phones data connection!

fasthair

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA
    Why Don't you give ''Tablet Remote'' a shot?

Whitefang