Why is SenseUI slow/laggy?

Search This thread

Ryjabo

Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
Why would Sprint market a phone with SenseUI when it's slow slow and laggy? I'm referring specifically to the home screen transitions. It's noticeably slower and not as smooth as Launcher Pro or ADW.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I like SenseUI, but ugh!

I otherwise LOVE this phone.

Ryjabo

Jun 16, 2010
Chicago
Thanks for the suggestion! I really like SenseUI, but yeah... the stock is slow as hell. I notice things other things that seem slower than they should be for the hardware this phone has.

Then again... I'm used to running an overclocked Nexus One.... :)

Thanks again.

I'll check out out tonight.

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Why would Sprint market a phone with SenseUI when it's slow slow and laggy? I'm referring specifically to the home screen transitions. It's noticeably slower and not as smooth as Launcher Pro or ADW.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I like SenseUI, but ugh!

I otherwise LOVE this phone.

Just a thought and not sure it will work but have you tried installing SpareParts and setting the speeds all the way up?

rhymestars

Sep 21, 2010
Kansas City
I hear ya

Just a thought and not sure it will work but have you tried installing SpareParts and setting the speeds all the way up?

I worked on the nexus, vibrant and epic. Those phones have an ext4 partition. that pretty much fixes all lag. humming bird processors are like amd processors and snapdragon is like intel. you will never get that performance or PIZAZZ out of the evo. Blame it on the masonic influence but i think your desire to switch to the evo was pure marketing.
Ohh and the video is no where near 720p. I think the evo gets 25fps. No matter what app is designed to tell you false readings, your phone will never perform like the nexus. IN MY OPINION. I have all three up and going right now. Not only is the vibrant hd video camcorder 50000000000000000000000 times better, faster and defined but i am actually capturing cleaner smoother video on the samsung moment as we speak. I have all of the firmware and apk files from all phones but i know nothing of porting firmware. The harware on the evo quotes its own ability to handle such performance. I find it weird that it does not. Also most people will not respond to questions that challenge the capabilities of the evo. They are too busy trying to avoid the proof. which is clear as day