[TUT] Turning back you G-Sensor on for Sense 5

Search This thread

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex
i'm also having the same problem and i sent my device to htc and they will change tha mainboard

the most annoying thing in this problem is that with sense 5, u can check your sensors through android sensor box app and u will see that all ur sensors are offline when u have the problem and this will make the screen on all the time and won't turn off by itself in calls which is very bad and it can fixed as u said by heating the phone but the main problem for me that my mainboard was changed in less than 1 month and it was very very cool even if u played for more than an hour with connected charger and i have to heat it by sunlight and gaming and restart to get them working

but if u checked the same problem in any sense 4+ rom, u will find that only g-sensor isn't working while all your senors are working perfect that's why many people haven't detected this problem

Last edited:

sthbr82

May 8, 2011
Milpitas
I am not sure whats wrong with Sense 5 ROMs, here Z-device test reports Gyroscope, Proximity Sensor, and Light Sensor as not working.
In Sense 4+ and AOSP based ROMs only thing not working was Gyroscope. Maybe if somebody patches up kernel, then it might get other sensors working atleast.

virgolib

Dec 15, 2012
Yangon
In my case once its on it will stay on as long as I dont restart my phone , im not sure why and what the difference between your case and mine

Now my G-sensor coming back again !!!
I think this problem is happening bcoz of bios (Hboot) , when I cannot get OTA update officially I'm using custom sense 5 rom which coming out first MaximusHD with Hboot 1.39, it's all fine and after getting update upgrade Hboot 1.72 this problem started. If so hopping to get some fix from HTC only.

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
Now my G-sensor coming back again !!!
I think this problem is happening bcoz of bios (Hboot) , when I cannot get OTA update officially I'm using custom sense 5 rom which coming out first MaximusHD with Hboot 1.39, it's all fine and after getting update upgrade Hboot 1.72 this problem started. If so hopping to get some fix from HTC only.
lol, I have learned that by the hard way , dont upgrade your Hboot unless there is a big need for that, at this moment I have hboot 1.39 and there is no need to get beyond that at all , though some guy has posted somewhere that battery is better on newer hboot but that hasnt been confirmed yet

virgolib

Dec 15, 2012
Yangon
lol, I have learned that by the hard way , dont upgrade your Hboot unless there is a big need for that, at this moment I have hboot 1.39 and there is no need to get beyond that at all , though some guy has posted somewhere that battery is better on newer hboot but that hasnt been confirmed yet

Yes that's right, in previous hboot 1.33 can do touch with cwm recovery 5.8.4.0 and upgrade to 1.39 touch was gone.
Regarding battery is not to much different for me on 1.72, I think may be some more consumption.

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex

i don't think that it's related to hboot upgrade but it's a common problem in some mainboards as i have hboot 1.39 and have the same problem and touch works in recovery cwm 5.8.4.0 and twrp and all versions without any problem

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex
TWRP 2.6.0 with touch working great with no glitches on hbott 1.39 here

i think that some cids got the same hboot number 1.39 but they also got another touch driver inside it and this what makes them unable to use touch
but for me with cid j15, this cid got 1.39 directly i.e we jumbed from 1.12 to 1.39 but those with problems in touch got 1.36 before getting 1.39
although i have used all hboot versions which was leaked as 1.23 and 1.29 and 1.31 then got the official 1.39 update ;)

back on topic : just got my new mainboard replacement and works perfect till now and the funny part that the new one is manufacture in 7 feb 2013 while old one was 6 feb 2013 :laugh: ..... only one day difference from the same factory .... so hope that it will works and won't stop soon :(
and so i'm restarting my device alot now to see if it will stop or not :silly:

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
i think that some cids got the same hboot number 1.39 but they also got another touch driver inside it and this what makes them unable to use touch
but for me with cid j15, this cid got 1.39 directly i.e we jumbed from 1.12 to 1.39 but those with problems in touch got 1.36 before getting 1.39
although i have used all hboot versions which was leaked as 1.23 and 1.29 and 1.31 then got the official 1.39 update ;)

back on topic : just got my new mainboard replacement and works perfect till now and the funny part that the new one is manufacture in 7 feb 2013 while old one was 6 feb 2013 :laugh: ..... only one day difference from the same factory .... so hope that it will works and won't stop soon :(
congrats

Reactions: mido.fayad

virgolib

Dec 15, 2012
Yangon

Yes what you said my CID621 is before getting 1.39, hv got 1.36.

mido.fayad

May 14, 2011
alex
Just got the second mainboard replacement in less than 24 hours :)

The one which I got yesterday was working good and gave me 16200 points at antutu but suddenly it gave me a lot of force closes and restarts and it wiped data automatically then start again and gave appt of force closes when trying to copy any thing from pc
So I sent it to HTC again today and they replace it to me in half an hour ;)

Hope no more problems as this is my sixth mainboard replacement in one year =-O
And sensors works perfect also again till now

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
Just got the second mainboard replacement in less than 24 hours :)

The one which I got yesterday was working good and gave me 16200 points at antutu but suddenly it gave me a lot of force closes and restarts and it wiped data automatically then start again and gave appt of force closes when trying to copy any thing from pc
So I sent it to HTC again today and they replace it to me in half an hour ;)

Hope no more problems as this is my sixth mainboard replacement in one year =-O
And sensors works perfect also again till now

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

My One X is the first HTC phone I have ever bought , and I bought a HTC phone because of the well known body and device build quality but I think HTC has missed all that with the one x as for now too many people has been complaining about many faults in this particular device, I hope when I buy my next HTC device these problems will be gone

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you so much for this tutorial.
It worked

To make my life easier, I used StabilityTest app from the Play Store.
Run “Scaling Stability Test (Root)”, left it running whilst I was doing other things. After little while temperature reached 50°, restarted the phone and then camera started working.

Reactions: HTC Venom

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
thabks for the hint , ill place this also in the tutorial,if you don't mind of course

Last edited:

Pitchb3nd

Jul 17, 2008
I can confirm that overheating the device worked, brought back to life all my sensors.

In my case I just kept running antutu benchmark over and over while charging and the device overheated the third time, I then rebooted and everything worked again.

Any idea of what triggers this problem? I first noticed it after sense 5 upgrade one day when my device run out of battery and switched off itself...

Do you think this could be solved by a software update? I can still send my phone back to HTC (it's the fifth time this year) but I won't bother if it's not hardware related as it seems...

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 4

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
I can confirm that overheating the device worked, brought back to life all my sensors.

In my case I just kept running antutu benchmark over and over while charging and the device overheated the third time, I then rebooted and everything worked again.

Any idea of what triggers this problem? I first noticed it after sense 5 upgrade one day when my device run out of battery and switched off itself...

Do you think this could be solved by a software update? I can still send my phone back to HTC (it's the fifth time this year) but I won't bother if it's not hardware related as it seems...

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 4

I'm not sure why and how but here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39955807&postcount=2 a guy explained the cause of the problem but still not sure how heat to fix this problem

arun6106

Nov 21, 2012
arun.spruz.com
Hell Yeah!
Worked in the very first attempt, used Antutu Stability Test to heat up the phone, just did 15% and it felt hot enough, simple restart and :good:
Thanx a ton man! May god bless you :D

ATZ-007

Sep 7, 2009
London
Xiaomi Poco F3
Good morning all.

This method no longer working me :(

What temperature are you guys letting your phone rich before restarting it?

I let me go up to 52°

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

HTC Venom

Sep 16, 2012
amman
Good morning all.

This method no longer working me :(

What temperature are you guys letting your phone rich before restarting it?

I let me go up to 52°

Same is happening for me . My g_sensor worked this time after flashing viperx 4.0.2 on even a lower temperature . I tried this method like 10 times until it eventually went on back again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A lot of people is complaining out there of their broken g-sensor and possibly other sensors included , as the sense 5 camera being off all the time as it a lot dependable on it , but there have been found couple of ways to get sensors back on and it mostly work all the time , so until some will provide a camera mod people may use this mod for reviving the g-sensor back

SO HERE ARE 3 WAYS and keep cautious as these methods may harm your device

METHOD 1
    -the idea is to overheat your HOX , keeping at active all the time till we get it on
    -You need your battery to be around 50% not more than that , as you need to give it a chance to charge
    -I open my data connection + map + navigation + screen on brightest available and on all the time + and connect it to car charger (it worked once without being connecte to charger ) the phone will heat up fast within 5 minutes ( Keep my phone connected to charger all through the process )
    -once you feel your device is hot enough do a restart (fast boot way works for me )
    -once your device is on back try to run your camera to see if your g-sensor is back
    -and once its back , dont turn your device off or restart it as the g-sensor will go back offline and that including flashing a new ROM
    -I have used g-sensor debug APP from play store to check my g-sensor all the time , once you turn it on it will recognize it as Panasonic 3-axis Acceleration sensor with numbers running up and down , but if the g-sensor is off ill will show nothing

METHOD 2
    A help from a friend here used this way as he used StabilityTest app from the Play Store.
    -Run “Scaling Stability Test (Root)”,
    -leave it running whilst doing other things.
    - After little while temperature will reach above 50°,
    - restart the phone and then sensor should start working
    -and again dont retart your device or turn it off as your sensor will go off again

METHOD 3
    1. put on your phone around 20 songs in a format that is not supported ( .FLAC . AAC etc.)
    2. make a playlist of these songs and try playing them. (this will hopefully crash your phone, if not, open some memory consuming apps as well)
    3. after the crash start your phone with working sensors

METHOD 4
    some people has reported that going into bootloader and flash boot.img and clear cache after that would somehow initiate sensors on reboot

!!DISCLAIMER!!

Please note that I tried this only several times on my device. THIS MAY RUIN YOUR PHONE

there is a big chance that your sensor will not start working from the first try but eventually it will

Special Thanks to @ATZ-007 for his 2nd way
    Special Thanks to @getsomefood for his 3rd way

Update 9/22/2013
    HTC has releases a new camera APK that can work without g-sensor being online here it is http://d-h.st/PUd , but this wouldnt turn your g-sensor back but at least this ill restore functionality of our lovely HOX back

special thanks to @virgolib
    Just opened this thread
    [Q] Alternative Camera on Sense 5 withou
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448041

[Q] Alternative Camera on Sense 5 without G-Sensor

Hope we'll find a alternative camera.

HTC had delivered app update for camera problem, but pls note that is for fixing camera only not for G-Sensor.

Download: Camera APK - http://d-h.st/PUd

congrats
    Thank you so much for this tutorial.
    It worked

To make my life easier, I used StabilityTest app from the Play Store.
    Run “Scaling Stability Test (Root)”, left it running whilst I was doing other things. After little while temperature reached 50°, restarted the phone and then camera started working.
    HTC VENOM you piece of shiiiit it WORKS... Youtube turned around when used Antutu bench hahahhahaha YEAH

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!