By mig31, Junior Member on 13th January 2014, 09:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2014, 09:45 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 1,098

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahegazi

Hi All,

This might be a bit off topic but it maybe of a help, as I've been reading all posts here.
I have one of those non-original cases and I have the 3G version I'm on 4.3. I did everything possible to test it including re-flashing hard rest (sometimes 2 times per day) even without downloading any app or allowing market to update.
Result: S-View works flawlessly for an hour or so, then starts to hang.
Final observation and this may help you: If the device is connected to the charger...it never hags or act weirdly.
Of course I can't keep it connect to the mains in order for S-View to work, but this is my final conclusion.

If possible, can you help me confirm my findings.

if you do a re-flash, and have the phone setup, try to disable the data and wifi, and see how long the s view function works, or if it affect the phone in anyway without data or wifi.

21st January 2014, 09:49 PM |#102  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

If possible, can you help me confirm my findings.

if you do a re-flash, and have the phone setup, try to disable the data and wifi, and see how long the s view function works, or if it affect the phone in anyway without data or wifi.

I will do that, but during the weekend and let you know. The problem is that during weekdays I need to use the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ahegazi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ahegazi Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 02:44 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahegazi

Hi All,

This might be a bit off topic but it maybe of a help, as I've been reading all posts here.
I have one of those non-original cases and I have the 3G version I'm on 4.3. I did everything possible to test it including re-flashing hard rest (sometimes 2 times per day) even without downloading any app or allowing market to update.
Result: S-View works flawlessly for an hour or so, then starts to hang.
Final observation and this may help you: If the device is connected to the charger...it never hags or act weirdly.
Of course I can't keep it connect to the mains in order for S-View to work, but this is my final conclusion.

Hi, I have the same problem here but I own a Spigen Slim Armor S-View, It works flawlessly for arround 10 minutes or so, then it doesnt work at all, I have to remove the case for a while and the when I put it back, works again for a while but not much time... I have the N900W8 version on 4.3.
22nd January 2014, 04:08 AM |#104  
Flag Mare d'Albert
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockstarMx

Hi, I have the same problem here but I own a Spigen Slim Armor S-View, It works flawlessly for arround 10 minutes or so, then it doesnt work at all, I have to remove the case for a while and the when I put it back, works again for a while but not much time... I have the N900W8 version on 4.3.

Issue not present on mine. S-View works for days without hang and without needing to remove from case. Only thing is that after a reboot, S-View stops categorically, And will start working (again flawlessly) only after removing and putting it back into case...
I have note3 N9005 running on android 4.3, with Spigen Slim Armor View case.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 05:35 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1T15H

Issue not present on mine. S-View works for days without hang and without needing to remove from case. Only thing is that after a reboot, S-View stops categorically, And will start working (again flawlessly) only after removing and putting it back into case...
I have note3 N9005 running on android 4.3, with Spigen Slim Armor View case.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Same Here I have the Spigen Slim Armor View on a SM-N900P and on TW 4.3 Custom or Stock it works as long as I do not restart the phone, If restart then i have to reset the cover by uninstall a re installing it. On KK 4.4.2 it does not work at all. On a side note on 480 DPI it works perfect but on 320 DPI is awkward, still loking for a DPI fix on 320.
22nd January 2014, 12:17 PM |#106  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Jerusalem
Thanks Meter: 5,541

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ape

I

OK, had a dig through the code, I'm off to bed, however....

The code that does the check is in Keyguard.apk (/system/priv-app)

it's in the SssdkVendorCheck.smali

Code:
# Force check to return right vendor - The_Ape
    const-string v1, "Samsung"
    const-string v2, "Samsung"

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/String;->compareToIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)I

move-result v1

if-eqz v1, :cond_2

.line 27
#    sget-object v1, Lcom/samsung/android/sdk/SsdkVendorCheck;->strManufacturer:Ljava/lang/String;

# Force check to return right vendor - The_Ape
    const-string v1, "Samsung"

const-string v2, "Samsung"

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/String;->compareToIgnoreCase(Ljava/lang/String;)I

move-result v1
I've popped the #'s in to rem out the line, and forced the compare to 'work'

I've only had a couple of seconds to test, and there seems to be something else somewhere, I'll have a further dig when I get back up, but if anyone wants to run with it there's a starting point.

That checks if the current device, not the cover, is manufactured by Samsung, I'm guessing this is to make porting S-View functionality to other devices slightly harder, although anyone can patch that method.

In any case, it's not related to S-View not working on KitKat.
(I don't have the Spigen cover yet, so no idea what's happening yet).

ICoverManager might be worth looking into, if you can find it.
Ninja Edit: it's in com.android.server.cover, part of services.jar (duh)

Edit 2: it's reading values from /sys/devices/w1_bus_master1/, might be worth posting values from original cover and Spigen one.

Edit 3: I may have figured this out, Xposed module coming in a bit to confirm.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Okay, here's a module for anyone with Xposed to test, please report success/failure http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/..._v1_f5d48a.apk

I haven't tested this, worst case scenario is that nothing happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MohammadAG Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 12:44 PM |#107  
Flag Port Klang , Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 369

More
The s view doenst show up. Only wake screen when cover open.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd January 2014, 12:45 PM |#108  
Flag Jerusalem

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadhil3536

The s view doenst show up. Only wake screen when cover open.

So you installed the module and rebooted, and it doesn't work?
22nd January 2014, 01:01 PM |#109  

More
Yap. When the screen on, i closed the cover nothing happen. But when cover is closed and i push power button, the the power menu in sview appeared.
Cover closed screen off, open cover screen on.
Its a good try though. Maybe a little more adjustment it will work. :thumbup:

The Following User Says Thank You to fadhil3536 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fadhil3536 Ad-Free
22nd January 2014, 01:03 PM |#110  
Flag Jerusalem

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadhil3536

Yap. When the screen on, i closed the cover nothing happen. But when cover is closed and i push power button, the the power menu in sview appeared.
Cover closed screen off, open cover screen on.

Can you try the new apk from the repo?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2014, 01:05 PM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG

Can you try the new apk from the repo?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Where is it?