[Q] updating firmware?

Search This thread

thewaffleninja

Feb 9, 2014
I got my htc one back in January and immediately rooted it with s-off and installed twrp, since then I have been using this rom and it has worked just fine. But recently I got quite sick of sense and when I tried in stall this rom the phone would not work, I tried cm11 after but it would not flash at all giving me an error every time. I read that I need to update my firmware but Im not really sure what that means, or how to tell what firmware I am on(I thought firmware was the same thing as a rom?)

sorry if this is a stupid question, Im not really that good with technology :L

durgis

Feb 12, 2010
I got my htc one back in January and immediately rooted it with s-off and installed twrp, since then I have been using this rom and it has worked just fine. But recently I got quite sick of sense and when I tried in stall this rom the phone would not work, I tried cm11 after but it would not flash at all giving me an error every time. I read that I need to update my firmware but Im not really sure what that means, or how to tell what firmware I am on(I thought firmware was the same thing as a rom?)

sorry if this is a stupid question, Im not really that good with technology :L

There were some recent changes to CM11 that require a new recovery. Have you tried the latest version of TWRP?
Where you using the CM11 nightlies or M releases?

thewaffleninja

Feb 9, 2014
There were some recent changes to CM11 that require a new recovery. Have you tried the latest version of TWRP?
Where you using the CM11 nightlies or M releases?

I used the most recent nightly at the time, this was on Wednesday. Im on twrp 2.6.3.3, could you or someone link me how to update twrp? goomanager does not work for some reason and those are the only tutorials i can find.

durgis

Feb 12, 2010