By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2018, 09:01 PM |#19091  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 8,020

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer4x4

Thanks but didn't the entire nexus line sacrifice an SD card slot?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes they have never had an sd slot unfortunately. One drawback to google devices, one i have learned to live with however

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE
18th February 2018, 03:00 AM |#19092  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Hello everyone. I am currently using an lg stylo 3 plus, wife has a htc desire 530. I am about to buy us new phones. She wants whatever I get. I'm not really sure what I want to get and am looking for some suggestions. We are looking to spend about 250-300 per phone. I want something with lots of dev support. I'm a custom romaholic. I'll change roms 3 times a day to play around. Needs to have a decent camera. I like the camera on my stylo 3 plus so would like something similar or better. Must have sd slot. Run games smoothly like gta:sa. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you
18th February 2018, 05:27 AM |#19093  
Thanks Meter: 309

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Yes they have never had an sd slot unfortunately. One drawback to google devices, one i have learned to live with however

sent from my Pixel 2 XL or Note FE

I might just be a little old school still but I like having an SD Cards.

Phone needs to be Straight Talk(AT&T) compatible.

+5.x inch screen
3GB Ram or more
32 GB+ Internal
SD card slot
Unlocked/Unlockable Boot Loader
18th February 2018, 06:01 AM |#19094  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I dropped my s5 not once but twice spidering it x2.... So I decided I needed an upgrade
I don't have a whole lotta cash to spend but about 200-250 usd
Mainly use it for a hotspot
Bigger screen
4glte is a must (Verizon)
Perf SD card
I run custom mods
I tinker with it so a larger community would be helpful as well .
(Straight talk Verizon towers)
Thanks
18th February 2018, 11:06 AM |#19095  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Howdy... Help me make my mind up...

Best phone I ever had, LG G flex 2. Never had a single issue with it except when I tried to play video games on it in the Oklahoma summer heat... Rooted it had some really cool abilities. It finally bricked on me with a 9008.

I've played with quiet a few phones and I am now shopping for a phone for Boost mobile since I have 2 months free and 15/mo for 6 months afterwards. Here is what I would like the have in a phone

Qualcomm 821 or faster CPU
6gb or more rams
64 gb min storage
expandable storage
dual band wifi
1080 screen is from but obviously more is better right?
rootable
medium sized screen, dont NEED a phablet but oh well if I end up with gigantor

Finally it needs to be boost compatible but I would like to find a cheaper service so eventually I would be getting it unlocked
18th February 2018, 11:43 AM |#19096  
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 99

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I am trying to upgrade from an LG G3 to something newer(used). Looking to find something like my G3.

Budget: $180usd
+5.x inch screen
3GB Ram or more
32 GB+ Internal
SD card slot
Unlocked/Unlockable Boot Loader

Need suggestions as fast as possible. My phone is on its last leg so I need to order it ASAP. Probably buy from Swappa as usual.

Oneplus 3T, listen to me. The most "XDA-Friendly", in my opinion. I'm very very happy with it. And I think you can find it used at the price you wish.
18th February 2018, 08:41 PM |#19097  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigo72

Oneplus 3T, listen to me. The most "XDA-Friendly", in my opinion. I'm very very happy with it. And I think you can find it used at the price you wish.

Thanks for the suggestion. Personally, I have never had a OnePlus device but the company does seem to have a good reputation. The 3T is no where near the $180 price tag(used). Nor does it have a removable battery. I think I would rather sacrifice an SD card slot rather then a removable battery if the device had 64+ GB internal storage but I feel having an SD card gives you a bit extra security in the modding world as I always store roms, kernel, gaps, etc zip files on my SD card as well as twrp back ups and other important things like this. That way if something goes wrong your backups, roms, etc are safe and sound. No hunting down a bunch of zip files and so forth. However, I rely on public transportation and don't always have easy access to a way to charge my phone if I have a lot to do that day. Having a removable battery and sacrificing an SD card slot seems like the lesser of 2 evils.

18th February 2018, 11:12 PM |#19098  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Personally, I have never had a OnePlus device but the company does seem to have a good reputation. The 3T is no where near the $180 price tag(used). Nor does it have a removable battery. I think I would rather sacrifice an SD card slot rather then a removable battery if the device had 64+ GB internal storage but I feel having an SD card gives you a bit extra security in the modding world as I always store roms, kernel, gaps, etc zip files on my SD card as well as twrp back ups and other important things like this. That way if something goes wrong your backups, roms, etc are safe and sound. No hunting down a bunch of zip files and so forth. However, I rely on public transportation and don't always have easy access to a way to charge my phone if I have a lot to do that day. Having a removable battery and sacrificing an SD card slot seems like the lesser of 2 evils.

Removable batteries are a bit hard to find for the good phones. You could get an S5 however.

Sent from my HUAWEI BLN-L24 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Especially with the storage and ram specs you listed. Removable batteries are nearly gone from $150+ phones.

18th February 2018, 11:52 PM |#19099  
Flag colorado springs
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koncrete

Howdy... Help me make my mind up...

Best phone I ever had, LG G flex 2. Never had a single issue with it except when I tried to play video games on it in the Oklahoma summer heat... Rooted it had some really cool abilities. It finally bricked on me with a 9008.

I've played with quiet a few phones and I am now shopping for a phone for Boost mobile since I have 2 months free and 15/mo for 6 months afterwards. Here is what I would like the have in a phone

Qualcomm 821 or faster CPU
6gb or more rams
64 gb min storage
expandable storage
dual band wifi
1080 screen is from but obviously more is better right?
rootable
medium sized screen, dont NEED a phablet but oh well if I end up with gigantor

Finally it needs to be boost compatible but I would like to find a cheaper service so eventually I would be getting it unlocked

I miss my g flex 2. I still have it sitting in my closet. I bought it the day it came out and about 7 months in It started randomly shutting off and turning back on and it would open and close whatever apps it felt like. Not sure what went wrong, but it was a beast ass phone. I would love to have it again.
19th February 2018, 12:16 AM |#19100  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirk365

Removable batteries are a bit hard to find for the good phones. You could get an S5 however.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Especially with the storage and ram specs you listed. Removable batteries are nearly gone from $150+ phones.

I knew that removable battery and SD card slot were going to make for a slim selection but didn't realize it would be this hard.

Personally I am not a big Samsung fan. I went through more Samsung devices in a short time then I have any other brand. In a matter of months I had a Galaxy S4 Active that over heated. A Galaxy S4 that had a sudden screen failure for no reason. Another Galaxy S4 that had the Sim card reader go out on it completely (although when I somehow bricked my LG G3 I found the Sim card reader works sometimes now). I was possibly looking at Note 4 as I believe it had both SD card and removable battery with all around nice specs. I like the LG v20 to but it lacked removable battery I believe.

If SD card and removable battery are off the table I guess I am open to other suggestions for $150-180 as long as there is more then just a single unofficial Lineage rom as I believe was the case of the v20.

19th February 2018, 05:40 PM |#19101  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey guys,

Need a recommendation. I got very angry at my Blackberry Priv today when it decided to not sync a very important meeting today which I was 20 minutes late to join. Needless to say, the phone isn't booting now after it got intimate with the top of my desk.

My requirements are simple, I need something that has the following:

1. Is rootable and upgradeable to Oreo or at least something modern.
2. Has an micro SD card slot
3. Has a headphone jack
4. Under $250
5. Supports GSM (ATT, Puretalk). World phone support ideally.

Appreciate any advice, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)