[Review] Droid X2 3800mAh Extended Battery+Cover w/Log and Pictures *Updated 11/03

Search This thread

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
With so many different questions about how this battery looks like and performance, I have decided to go ahead and order the 3800mAH extended battery and cover for our Droid X2 (also made for DX). I have MANY pictures from ALOT of angles for everyone to see. My worry was that it might be too big and bulky, not meet my performance expectations, and that the cover was going to be fugly.

I have been keeping a log ever since I received this on the 19th from eBay. Obviously, the seller has ordered bulk from overseas to compensate for the price. This is where most sellers order from, if not here, then similar places. I also looked into Gorrila Gadgets and decided to go with the opposite of what people are getting. They look very similar, I even wonder if Gorilla Gadgets slap on their brand on them.

In order for me to bring to you a good opinion and/or review of this battery that most of us have questions about, I would need a screen capture app that will work well for me to keep a log of the battery. If anyone would be kind to assist me by pm ing me in the right direction, much would be appreciated :D (got one.)

This is my contribution to the XDA community as you all have helped me make the best use of, not only my phone, but to all others here. Thank you to all who help eachother out on a day by day basis, that's what we should be doing here as an XDA family...You're welcome.

Tested On:
Motorola Droid x2

Running Rom:
Eclipse v .06 2.3.3 and CURRENTLY Eclipse v. 1.2 2.3.4

Purchased on eBay:
9/13/2011

Date Delivered to Home:
9/16/2011

Price/Quantity:
29.98 Free Shipping for
- (2) 3800mAH Extended Batteries
- (2) Modified Back Covers
- (1) Wall/Usb/Battery Charger

Munufactered by:
Kiloline in Guangdong China (Mainland)

Weight, Color, Material etc:
It does add on a little more weight than your stock battery, but I like it. As far as actual weight, I don't have that info. The color, material and feel of the back cover were very well matched. The material is the same as the DX2s smooth finish, non glossy or cheap-like, very well made. The hinges that lock the cover in place could have been made a bit better as I like the 100% "click" that the stock cover gives us. The cover stays put in place well, havent had any problems at all.

As form the color, I would say it is fairly off. It's of a lighter shade than of our Xs, but still very close. You might tell by the pictures I've provided.

Pros:
The juice time, of course. I travel all around the states every week, and having necessary battery to cover my needs is important. This battery just won't die. I used to have to charge my BH6X every night when I returned home. But now I can do that every other night, which I don't because I like starting my day off with a 100% full battery.

Another pro is that I actually like the feel of the phone with the extended as I have a better "grip" now as I did before.

Cons:
I'm not sure about this battery not having the capacity "memory" or either the Android system not being able to recognize this extended. It's annoying reaching zero % and having the red LED battery indicator blinking. When it reaches 0%, I know I still have another 3+ hours of heavy use. But when it will actually die is hard to tell.

First Thoughts:
Holy ship, it's huge. I wonder if it lives up to the hype for the low price I paid. Yes it does.

Final Thoughts:
If you're out on the road all day and not want to have to sacrifice running all those apps and GPS just to save battery, get it. This plus Juice Defender is a must. I even tether my iPad with my X for hours in airports, not worrying if I'll run out of juice or not. Plus I enjoy the "Oh my god it's so big" comments from chicks :D

Logs

9/19- Monday
8:00PM- Placed battery in for first time, read 79%.
10:00PM- Reads 100%, will continue to leave overnight

9/20- Tuesday Morning (Light use)
11:00AM- Unplugged from phone, rebooted, erased batt stats under recovery, first day running only on battery.
12:06PM- Down to 80%
3:10PM- Down to 42%
7:21PM- Down to 21%
11:01PM- 15% battery indicator warning
Left charging overnight in the USB Wall Charger, was NOT happy with performance, BUT, recycling is always recommended at start of every battery.

9/21- Wednesday Morning (Moderate Use)
12:00PM- Left on Wall charger most of the day (used BH6X in in the meantime)
Did not log, was playing the new Gears
9:00PM- Nandroid back up, re-installed ROM, wiped cache, formatted SD, batt stat, delvik etc.
11:00PM- Phone reformatted, wiped, fresh start, ready to go with fresh Battery at 100% Will play with phone, watch Netflix in bed, browse web, send texts etc., will be off charger for the full night (Heavy Use)

9/22- Thursday
6:30AM- Down to 60% Used last night straight for about 3hrs.
It still is WAY to early to tell, BUT, I've seen improvement as I am recycling the battery and have re-installed rom at FULL battery and cleared BATT STAT. This will be 2nd day runnig with battery with heavy use (I'll try).
10:10AM- Still using phone for browsing, texts etc since last night @11PM.
Down to 48% almost 12+ hours later. at this time the BH6HX would need recharge...
1:25PM- Down to 1% Running FM radio, maps GPS and internet. Has been on 1% for about 15 min.
3:20PM- Phone shut off finally died. Took a lot to kill it, very happy so far, but battery stats is inaccurate. Held charge for about 16 hrs, with HEAVY use. Will report back later for more info.

9/23- Friday
Put battery on wall charger yesterday after it depleted 100% at 3:30PM. Took it off of charger at midnight, put DX on recovery to wipe batt stats again, inserted battery, played with phone for 2hrs., left it off charge overnight, read 96%.
9:00AM- woke up, phone down to 96%, STILL. Will continue to use phone throughout the day with MY normal, everyday use.
ALSO, installed Battery Left Pro, as I know for a fact that Android system does NOT 100% read extended batteries accurately, BUT, does recognize them and perform well. Battery Left Pro really helps in this department.
10:32PM- After almost 20+ hours with normal use and heavy use towards the last 3hrs, battery died, phone shut off. I'm impressed, except obviously for the inaccurate android battery stats. It seems that the phone will last for appx. 3+ AFTER reaching 1%. It's annoying not knowing how much juice is left after reaching 1%. All in all, very impressive, it can only get better, I'm assuming.
10:45PM- battery is charging while ON phone (not wall charger). When I get phone on, I will post screen captures of results.

9/5- Sunday
2:09PM- Phone has been off charger since 11am Saturday morning. It is now 2PM Sunday afternoon. I'm happy. Worth the price, AND have a spare extended. 26+ hours of juice and still going. I'm watching Netflix (wifi) to drain and shut off. Again, android reads at 1% but I've estimated an additional 4 hours extra of juice after 1%.

Screen shots and statistics will be posted up tonight. I will recycle battery once more overnight and conclude my testing afterwards. Die, battery, die... (Please scroll to bottom of post)

More info on, Battery Left and Juice Defender later. I have a lot of good statistics and information on how our DXs respond and act to extended batteries. Please check back later, thanks guys. (Please scroll to bottom of post)

The following pictures are comparing the origional Motorola extended BH6X to the new 3800mAH. I purchased the BH6X weeks after my DX and have lasted 12hrs with heavy use. But I wanted more so purchased the 3800mAH extended battery now hoping for a lot more juice.

The BH6X was nearly unnoticeable and performed beyond my expectations. I then did my research on JuiceDefender Battery Saver and increased the BH6X by 3 more hours. JuiceDefender DOES work, more a bit later. I am still currently running JD, and most likely contiinue to do so in the future.

3800mAh (Left) / BH6X (Right)
IMG_6119.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

Wall/USB Charger
IMG_6126.JPG

Package Contents
IMG_6129.JPG

Droid X2 with Motorola BH6X
IMG_6135.JPG

Droid X2 with 3800mAh Battery
IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

3800mAH (Left) / BH6X (Right)
IMG_6158.JPG

3800mAH (Bottom) / BH6X (Top)
IMG_6154.JPG

3800mAh Battery
IMG_6162.JPG

Droid X2 With 3800mAh Battery (without Cover)
IMG_6168.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

It's been 2+ months while using the battery now. Still doing it's job, I'm more than satisfied and remember, my purchase came with 2 batteries!

Along with the great power I am also running Juice Defender. I've also switched to Eclipse 1.2 and updated to 2.3.4.

Juice Defender does exactly what many people are manually doing by means of shutting down their wifi, data, and even fetching their emails or social accounts once every x amount of times an hour etc...

With the FULL version, enable ADVANCE under the tabs to enable and have maximum control over what the other presets have. My setup is simple. For what I want to do, and for what best works for me is as follows:

- While my screen is OFF, I only want to be able to receive my text messages to go through and EVERYTHING else Off, especially DATA. <--------- that's the battery killer there.
-When I press the power button ON, and ONLY after my password is entered and I go to my home screen is when DATA is enabled. If the cell tower (not GPS) picks up on my wifi coordinates (Juice Defender trains for this), it's switches from data to my WiFi at home (or wherever you train it to work, office, school)
-There are times where I'm not constantly on my X2 (therefore the screen OFF, no DATA) I set for JD to automatically turn on my data after 1hr for at least 2 minutes so my X2 will fetch my gmail, updates, weather etc. There are many variables you can choose from to meet your needs.

Remember, your data does NOT affect incoming text messages, your cell strength does. That's the only thing I care to fetch 24-7. Also, I've tried Tasker, but JD I feel much more comfortable with and it's as simple as clicking on/off to most settings. highly recommended.

I've also tried BatteryLeft hoping it would calibrate the "time remaining" of my 3800maH battery. Again, pretty good but not precise enough. I've learned to estimate how much juice is remaining after 1%, but when I get home at the end of the day, it's only still about halfway anyway :)

There's NO REAL method of trying to get android to calibrate correctly on these types of battery. But I do suggest FULL battery when flashing new rom along with wiping battstats in recovery.

About the 2.3.4 update:
Yes, it's has the battery bug, but again will not impact battery performance. You'll still have hours of juice left after hitting 1%.

I'm a happy X2 user with great 27+ hours of battery life, rooted, on Eclipse, with 167 free ram constantly, no freezes or crashes. I'll be doing a guide to get your X2s running FLAWLESSLY in the near future, please give me some time.

Any other questions feel free to pm me, don't forget the "thanks."

The following are MY battery stats screen captures:

Last edited:

Zeravnos

May 11, 2011
I must say, those results are promising, and I will continue to monitor this thread...

But NUOH MY GOD that battery is huge :eek:

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I must say, those results are promising, and I will continue to monitor this thread...

But NUOH MY GOD that battery is huge :eek:

Huge battery, yes, but not as huge as I thought. Promising results are what I am getting now. I know the battery is performing better and better as time goes on, and I am more than please at this point. Thanks for checking out this review, glad to help each other out...

Zues532

Feb 4, 2011
Wow. That is one massive battery.

Any idea what it will yield once conditioned? (2x the regular battery life, 3x maybe?)

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Wow. That is one massive battery.

Any idea what it will yield once conditioned? (2x the regular battery life, 3x maybe?)

I have reached 2.01xs the regular battery life... and still going :eek: Reporting tonight, damn battery doesn't want to die, since Sat morning :D

The one from Verizon isn't that big is it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

Do you mean the BH6X extended or the original that came with the DX (BH5X)?
If the BH6X, as you can see by the pictures, it's barely noticeable in weight and in looks... But battery life is about 4 more moderate use hours...

LordRalh3

Jul 23, 2011
Minnesota
I also bought two of these batteries back when I got my droid X, as for the calibrating them to read proper %s....its not really gonna happen, I use a battery widget on my home screen and go by mV left, this battery can do about 2.75-3.25 days of moderate use once youve gone through the first 3-5proper cycles, do NOT go by the % indicators, actually look at the mV charge, 4.2V fully charged and shuts off at about 3.175-3.200V

fargles

Oct 10, 2011
Tampa FL
highly considered buying one of these, but i had a friend who talked me out of it. He said I should just buy another battery.

what are your thoughts, are the results worth the extra bulk?

ArcaneDraco

Apr 1, 2011
i got the 3500mah battery from ebay... around $16... it hit 1% around 8 pm last night(22 hours ago) and it is still on 1% now. definatly worth the buy.

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
highly considered buying one of these, but i had a friend who talked me out of it. He said I should just buy another battery.

what are your thoughts, are the results worth the extra bulk?

My job requires me being away for up to 4 days away from home. It's great not worrying about juice. I do GPS, and track flights ALL day long. I sometimes don't even want to charge my X2 when I get to the hotel as I know it's good for another 8 hrs. Like I said, I like starting with a 100% battery at the start of my day. Why not try it? $16 sounds worth it to me.

brydry

Oct 12, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Got this same battery a week ago

I happened to find this same battery a week ago on eBay for $29 shipped. Included the battery, extended door, and rubberized case. On the first Charge it lasted 36+ hours. Completely discharged then charged it up with the phone off. The second charge lasted nearly 4 full days! - with GPS and WIFI turned on the entire time. after the phone shut down I plugged it in for another 10+ hours with phone off.

Just turned the phone on a few minutes ago. I'll post again when the battery dies.

Yup, it's big, bulky, and quite a bit heavier. But, I no longer have to remember to plug it in every night. Or wonder if I'll make it through the day.

The case was designed for the Droid X so it has an opening in the side for the camera button. Fits the X2 perfectly. Other than the GB update and a few apps the phone is stock and set to performance with a live wallpaper.

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I happened to find this same battery a week ago on eBay for $29 shipped. Included the battery, extended door, and rubberized case. On the first Charge it lasted 36+ hours. Completely discharged then charged it up with the phone off. The second charge lasted nearly 4 full days! - with GPS and WIFI turned on the entire time. after the phone shut down I plugged it in for another 10+ hours with phone off.

Just turned the phone on a few minutes ago. I'll post again when the battery dies.

Yup, it's big, bulky, and quite a bit heavier. But, I no longer have to remember to plug it in every night. Or wonder if I'll make it through the day.

The case was designed for the Droid X so it has an opening in the side for the camera button. Fits the X2 perfectly. Other than the GB update and a few apps the phone is stock and set to performance with a live wallpaper.

You can actually get even more life using Juice Defender, which I haven't reviewed here yet. I've been working a lot and happy I got this battery. I will try to update my review and finally finish it by this week. Glad you're enjoying the battery!

brydry

Oct 12, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Impressed

Posting back as I said I would. Not long after I posted on 10/12 I got the OTA update notification for 2.3.4 and went ahead and installed. My phone was on nonstop since 6am 10/12 to 3pm 10/14 - 53 hours with wifi, gps, Bluetooth on the hole time.

Thanks for the nod to juice defender. After two more full cycles I'll check it out. I only wish the battery indicator was even somewhat accurate. Oh well....

ilovesoad

May 22, 2011
Plano, TX
Posting back as I said I would. Not long after I posted on 10/12 I got the OTA update notification for 2.3.4 and went ahead and installed. My phone was on nonstop since 6am 10/12 to 3pm 10/14 - 53 hours with wifi, gps, Bluetooth on the hole time.

Thanks for the nod to juice defender. After two more full cycles I'll check it out. I only wish the battery indicator was even somewhat accurate. Oh well....

Have you tried calibration?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
i have the extended battery from vzw as well (BH6X) Got 22 hrs on the first use after bump charge and calibrated!

Droid X2 2.3.4, rooted, bloat froze, stock rom

IDMA.DROID.X2

Jun 7, 2011
Got mine from eBay. Just do a search for the battery or the seller, moretalktime

Can someone point me to how to calibrate the battery.

You can download the app Battery Calibrator. Or you can charge to 100%, and go into boot strap recovery and click advanced, then click clear battery stats. (I think, I just use the app, quick and easy :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With so many different questions about how this battery looks like and performance, I have decided to go ahead and order the 3800mAH extended battery and cover for our Droid X2 (also made for DX). I have MANY pictures from ALOT of angles for everyone to see. My worry was that it might be too big and bulky, not meet my performance expectations, and that the cover was going to be fugly.

I have been keeping a log ever since I received this on the 19th from eBay. Obviously, the seller has ordered bulk from overseas to compensate for the price. This is where most sellers order from, if not here, then similar places. I also looked into Gorrila Gadgets and decided to go with the opposite of what people are getting. They look very similar, I even wonder if Gorilla Gadgets slap on their brand on them.

In order for me to bring to you a good opinion and/or review of this battery that most of us have questions about, I would need a screen capture app that will work well for me to keep a log of the battery. If anyone would be kind to assist me by pm ing me in the right direction, much would be appreciated :D (got one.)

This is my contribution to the XDA community as you all have helped me make the best use of, not only my phone, but to all others here. Thank you to all who help eachother out on a day by day basis, that's what we should be doing here as an XDA family...You're welcome.

Tested On:
    Motorola Droid x2

Running Rom:
    Eclipse v .06 2.3.3 and CURRENTLY Eclipse v. 1.2 2.3.4

Purchased on eBay:
    9/13/2011

Date Delivered to Home:
    9/16/2011

Price/Quantity:
    29.98 Free Shipping for
    - (2) 3800mAH Extended Batteries
    - (2) Modified Back Covers
    - (1) Wall/Usb/Battery Charger

Munufactered by:
    Kiloline in Guangdong China (Mainland)

Weight, Color, Material etc:
    It does add on a little more weight than your stock battery, but I like it. As far as actual weight, I don't have that info. The color, material and feel of the back cover were very well matched. The material is the same as the DX2s smooth finish, non glossy or cheap-like, very well made. The hinges that lock the cover in place could have been made a bit better as I like the 100% "click" that the stock cover gives us. The cover stays put in place well, havent had any problems at all.

As form the color, I would say it is fairly off. It's of a lighter shade than of our Xs, but still very close. You might tell by the pictures I've provided.

Pros:
    The juice time, of course. I travel all around the states every week, and having necessary battery to cover my needs is important. This battery just won't die. I used to have to charge my BH6X every night when I returned home. But now I can do that every other night, which I don't because I like starting my day off with a 100% full battery.

Another pro is that I actually like the feel of the phone with the extended as I have a better "grip" now as I did before.

Cons:
    I'm not sure about this battery not having the capacity "memory" or either the Android system not being able to recognize this extended. It's annoying reaching zero % and having the red LED battery indicator blinking. When it reaches 0%, I know I still have another 3+ hours of heavy use. But when it will actually die is hard to tell.

First Thoughts:
    Holy ship, it's huge. I wonder if it lives up to the hype for the low price I paid. Yes it does.

Final Thoughts:
    If you're out on the road all day and not want to have to sacrifice running all those apps and GPS just to save battery, get it. This plus Juice Defender is a must. I even tether my iPad with my X for hours in airports, not worrying if I'll run out of juice or not. Plus I enjoy the "Oh my god it's so big" comments from chicks :D

Logs

9/19- Monday
    8:00PM- Placed battery in for first time, read 79%.
    10:00PM- Reads 100%, will continue to leave overnight

9/20- Tuesday Morning (Light use)
    11:00AM- Unplugged from phone, rebooted, erased batt stats under recovery, first day running only on battery.
    12:06PM- Down to 80%
    3:10PM- Down to 42%
    7:21PM- Down to 21%
    11:01PM- 15% battery indicator warning
    Left charging overnight in the USB Wall Charger, was NOT happy with performance, BUT, recycling is always recommended at start of every battery.

9/21- Wednesday Morning (Moderate Use)
    12:00PM- Left on Wall charger most of the day (used BH6X in in the meantime)
    Did not log, was playing the new Gears
    9:00PM- Nandroid back up, re-installed ROM, wiped cache, formatted SD, batt stat, delvik etc.
    11:00PM- Phone reformatted, wiped, fresh start, ready to go with fresh Battery at 100% Will play with phone, watch Netflix in bed, browse web, send texts etc., will be off charger for the full night (Heavy Use)

9/22- Thursday
    6:30AM- Down to 60% Used last night straight for about 3hrs.
    It still is WAY to early to tell, BUT, I've seen improvement as I am recycling the battery and have re-installed rom at FULL battery and cleared BATT STAT. This will be 2nd day runnig with battery with heavy use (I'll try).
    10:10AM- Still using phone for browsing, texts etc since last night @11PM.
    Down to 48% almost 12+ hours later. at this time the BH6HX would need recharge...
    1:25PM- Down to 1% Running FM radio, maps GPS and internet. Has been on 1% for about 15 min.
    3:20PM- Phone shut off finally died. Took a lot to kill it, very happy so far, but battery stats is inaccurate. Held charge for about 16 hrs, with HEAVY use. Will report back later for more info.

9/23- Friday
    Put battery on wall charger yesterday after it depleted 100% at 3:30PM. Took it off of charger at midnight, put DX on recovery to wipe batt stats again, inserted battery, played with phone for 2hrs., left it off charge overnight, read 96%.
    9:00AM- woke up, phone down to 96%, STILL. Will continue to use phone throughout the day with MY normal, everyday use.
    ALSO, installed Battery Left Pro, as I know for a fact that Android system does NOT 100% read extended batteries accurately, BUT, does recognize them and perform well. Battery Left Pro really helps in this department.
    10:32PM- After almost 20+ hours with normal use and heavy use towards the last 3hrs, battery died, phone shut off. I'm impressed, except obviously for the inaccurate android battery stats. It seems that the phone will last for appx. 3+ AFTER reaching 1%. It's annoying not knowing how much juice is left after reaching 1%. All in all, very impressive, it can only get better, I'm assuming.
    10:45PM- battery is charging while ON phone (not wall charger). When I get phone on, I will post screen captures of results.

9/5- Sunday
    2:09PM- Phone has been off charger since 11am Saturday morning. It is now 2PM Sunday afternoon. I'm happy. Worth the price, AND have a spare extended. 26+ hours of juice and still going. I'm watching Netflix (wifi) to drain and shut off. Again, android reads at 1% but I've estimated an additional 4 hours extra of juice after 1%.

Screen shots and statistics will be posted up tonight. I will recycle battery once more overnight and conclude my testing afterwards. Die, battery, die... (Please scroll to bottom of post)

More info on, Battery Left and Juice Defender later. I have a lot of good statistics and information on how our DXs respond and act to extended batteries. Please check back later, thanks guys. (Please scroll to bottom of post)

The following pictures are comparing the origional Motorola extended BH6X to the new 3800mAH. I purchased the BH6X weeks after my DX and have lasted 12hrs with heavy use. But I wanted more so purchased the 3800mAH extended battery now hoping for a lot more juice.

The BH6X was nearly unnoticeable and performed beyond my expectations. I then did my research on JuiceDefender Battery Saver and increased the BH6X by 3 more hours. JuiceDefender DOES work, more a bit later. I am still currently running JD, and most likely contiinue to do so in the future.

IMG_6119.JPG

IMG_6120.JPG

Wall/USB Charger
    IMG_6126.JPG

Package Contents
    IMG_6129.JPG

IMG_6135.JPG

IMG_6169.JPG

IMG_6170.JPG

IMG_6140.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

IMG_6178.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6176.JPG

3800mAH (Left) / BH6X (Right)
    IMG_6158.JPG

3800mAH (Bottom) / BH6X (Top)
    IMG_6154.JPG

3800mAh Battery
    IMG_6162.JPG

Droid X2 With 3800mAh Battery (without Cover)
    IMG_6168.JPG

IMG_6184.JPG

It's been 2+ months while using the battery now. Still doing it's job, I'm more than satisfied and remember, my purchase came with 2 batteries!

Along with the great power I am also running Juice Defender. I've also switched to Eclipse 1.2 and updated to 2.3.4.

Juice Defender does exactly what many people are manually doing by means of shutting down their wifi, data, and even fetching their emails or social accounts once every x amount of times an hour etc...

With the FULL version, enable ADVANCE under the tabs to enable and have maximum control over what the other presets have. My setup is simple. For what I want to do, and for what best works for me is as follows:

- While my screen is OFF, I only want to be able to receive my text messages to go through and EVERYTHING else Off, especially DATA. <--------- that's the battery killer there.
    -When I press the power button ON, and ONLY after my password is entered and I go to my home screen is when DATA is enabled. If the cell tower (not GPS) picks up on my wifi coordinates (Juice Defender trains for this), it's switches from data to my WiFi at home (or wherever you train it to work, office, school)
    -There are times where I'm not constantly on my X2 (therefore the screen OFF, no DATA) I set for JD to automatically turn on my data after 1hr for at least 2 minutes so my X2 will fetch my gmail, updates, weather etc. There are many variables you can choose from to meet your needs.

Remember, your data does NOT affect incoming text messages, your cell strength does. That's the only thing I care to fetch 24-7. Also, I've tried Tasker, but JD I feel much more comfortable with and it's as simple as clicking on/off to most settings. highly recommended.

I've also tried BatteryLeft hoping it would calibrate the "time remaining" of my 3800maH battery. Again, pretty good but not precise enough. I've learned to estimate how much juice is remaining after 1%, but when I get home at the end of the day, it's only still about halfway anyway :)

There's NO REAL method of trying to get android to calibrate correctly on these types of battery. But I do suggest FULL battery when flashing new rom along with wiping battstats in recovery.

About the 2.3.4 update:
    Yes, it's has the battery bug, but again will not impact battery performance. You'll still have hours of juice left after hitting 1%.

I'm a happy X2 user with great 27+ hours of battery life, rooted, on Eclipse, with 167 free ram constantly, no freezes or crashes. I'll be doing a guide to get your X2s running FLAWLESSLY in the near future, please give me some time.

Any other questions feel free to pm me, don't forget the "thanks."

The following are MY battery stats screen captures: