[HOWTO] Port N7100 ROMs to I317 and N7105

Search This thread

Lanc-City

Jun 27, 2015
YORK
Ok I got the rom booted up everything is working just cant get baseband to work comes up unknown. ...?????

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent the entire day yesterday trying to make Android Revolution HD work on my I317. At the end of the day, success ! and here is how:

Please do not experiment with this stuff if you're not familiar with partitions and the way things work. You do run the risk of bricking your device permanently if you don't know what you're doing. I'll write this so that developers can start porting their ROMs to the LTE variants.

The two devices are identical except for the modem (and rild files) and the GPS initialization at bootup.

1. You'll need to rewrite the updater-script in most CWM flashable ROMs to make sure.. again, MAKE SURE that you do not flash anything else except /system /data and the boot partition. Overwriting your modem partition with a modem from the N7100 phone or the bootloader partitions will blow up your phone. You've been warned ! The partition labels and numbers are identical so you won't have to change that.

2. Make sure you bundle a kernel (boot.img) from one of I317/N7105 (depending on which device you own). Obviously we're talking about TW kernels here so for example stock JB kernels or Perseus will do just fine. Do not flash boot.img kernels from the N7100 section.

3. You'll need to add and remove a bunch of userland library files from your device. I won't attach these files here but you can grab them from any I317/N7105 ROM:

Files to ADD/REPLACE (Yes, every single one counts as they're dynamically linked). The stuff in /system/bin are started by the initramfs in the kernel so add them all in as well:

Code:
    ./system
    ./system/bin
    ./system/bin/qcks
    ./system/bin/sec-ril
    ./system/bin/qmuxd
    ./system/bin/efsks
    ./system/bin/diag_uart_log
    ./system/bin/netmgrd
    ./system/bin/gsiff_daemon
    ./system/bin/ks
    ./system/bin/rild
    ./system/bin/qmiproxy
    ./system/bin/secstarter
    ./system/etc
    ./system/etc/gps.conf
    ./system/lib
    ./system/lib/hw
    ./system/lib/hw/audio.primary.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.default.so
    ./system/lib/hw/audio_policy.smdk4x12.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so
    ./system/lib/libnetmgr.so
    ./system/lib/libaudio-ril.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_api_v02.so
    ./system/lib/libril-qcril-hook-oem.so
    ./system/lib/libqdp.so
    ./system/lib/libdsutils.so
    ./system/lib/libqmiservices.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_client_qmux.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_adapter.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_common_so.so
    ./system/lib/libqdi.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi.so
    ./system/lib/libcsd-client.so
    ./system/lib/libloc_eng.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_encdec.so
    ./system/lib/libqcci_legacy.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_cci.so
    ./system/lib/libssaudio-client.so
    ./system/lib/libidl.so
    ./system/lib/libril.so
    ./system/lib/libqmi_csi.so
    ./system/lib/libdiag.so
    ./system/lib/libdsi_netctrl.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.utils.so
    ./system/lib/libgps.so
    To remove !!! Moi importante !
    Code:
    ./system/lib/hw/gps.exynos4.so
    If you don't remove that GPS exynos4 file, HAL will load it and never the gps.default.so file so your gps won't work. Took me three friggin hours to figure out.

4. Lastly, you'll need to change build.prop so that it loads our RILD files instead of the N7100's:
    Code:
    replace
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libsec-ril.so
    with
    rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-qmi-1.so

5. ???

6. Profit.

When I get sometime, I'll try to port CM10 from the N7100 tree. Done.
    CM10 RILD. Done. :victory:

:good::good::good:
    For those who wish to port - here are the files i pulled from stock i317 - the folders are named their respective places.

Replace and flash away! I could make a script to do it for you, but I'm not going ot make it that easy lol.

Edit: I could just make this a flashable zip. Install your desired 7100 rom, then flash this...anyone interested?
    apn works now. LTE is a go.

I'm done for the day. Have a good night guys
    guys, AUDIO IS FIXED !

Whaaat up

Lemme try to document the entire thing into my github account. That should be the easy part.

So far, GPS, Bluetooth, Wifi, Audio, RIL.. all works in AOSP.

I think we got some issues with the stylus (like its completely broken) but who cares about that right? j/k