[Q] Kindle Fire 2 completely bricked after flashing wrong bootloader.

Search This thread

reddevil123

Mar 12, 2013
I'm another noob that made the same mistake as the others in this post. Is there any chance of a fix for this coming along? Or should I just give up on my Kindle and bin it. Thanks.

dc_nc123

Sep 26, 2012
it's my first bricked device... :( too bad no fix yet... I think KFU needs to edit their thread and add warning (kindle fire 1st gen only (android 2.3 below)) before they provide the download link..

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
If it's any consolation, I contacted the Moderators, and they put a warning on the KFU thread to hopefully deter anything like this from happening in the future (not that someone won't try it anyway).

Reactions: reddevil123

peoro

Dec 28, 2011
It happened to me as well.
Guess there's no known method to get it booting without a bootloader, uh?
Anything I can try before sending it back to Amazon?

nanotibz

Mar 26, 2013
Kindle Fire 10.2.6

So is there a solution for completely bricked KF 10.2.6 or not, or do you know whether there is somebody out there that is working towards the solution?

Mine doesn't turn ON at all after I flashed FFF Gapps and Jellybean 4.2 using TWRP (cordless).

Any help appreciated peeps :good:

irve

Nov 14, 2007
So is there a solution for completely bricked KF 10.2.6 or not, or do you know whether there is somebody out there that is working towards the solution?

Mine doesn't turn ON at all after I flashed FFF Gapps and Jellybean 4.2 using TWRP (cordless).

Any help appreciated peeps :good:

I got the same problem - Black screen, No light in the Led button etc.
But so fare i got it responding to OMAP4BOOT butI I need the right files and config to UnBrick it - but as long as I get the response, there is hope :)
I you figure that out - please tell me :laugh:

chronicfathead

Mar 23, 2008
Sleaford, Lincs
But so fare i got it responding to OMAP4BOOT butI I need the right files and config to UnBrick it - but as long as I get the response, there is hope :)

Interesting. I will have to look at this omap4boot when I get to a PC.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

dc_nc123

Sep 26, 2012

Wew.. It's been a while since I bricked my kf2 device... Tried shorting trick again for the last time... But still no luck.... t.t
Any other ideas guys? hehe

pmgreen

Apr 17, 2012
I did the same, was trying to update to 4.3, now have a brick. Any chance Amazon would replace? It's less than months old

flopower1996

Sep 8, 2012
well, when you say "my device turned on the sudden of ansd never went back on" perhaps. But when they see that you've tried to root your device most likely not.

jamesmullan

Feb 13, 2014
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, also flashed FFF (by accident) on my device. Haven't been able to fix it yet but I do have a factory cable. Also did the USB trick, but that didn't have an effect either.

In my case, I did by accident because it wasn't clear to me which KF generation I had (I've bricked mine just after christmas). These forums were not really clear either, I had a Kindle Fire so I just looked for a KF guide. After I bricked it I found out my device was a second generation Kindle Fire.

Hi,

Me too - I have the Kindle Fire HD7 2nd gen and mistook the guide for the KF 2nd gen to apply to mine. Anyone had any luck salvaging this? I'd be fine if I got get into fastboot but can't even get windows to recognise...

J

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Hi,

Me too - I have the Kindle Fire HD7 2nd gen and mistook the guide for the KF 2nd gen to apply to mine. Anyone had any luck salvaging this? I'd be fine if I got get into fastboot but can't even get windows to recognise...

J

The only way to fix a hard bricked kindle is to solder a sdcard reader to the emmc pins on the motherboard and flash the bootloader partition from linux, lsat i checked we don't have the pins mapped out for the 2013 kfhd so that method is not doable yet. I think someone was mapping them out but i don't remeber if its the 2013 model or not. Think they mapped some of them out though just not all. The omap flash(also known as shorting trick) method isnt going to work either so don't bother attempting it, we need a signed aboot file only amazon has and without it its imposible to flash the bootloader in that mode.

Reactions: jamesmullan

jamesmullan

Feb 13, 2014
The only way to fix a hard bricked kindle is to solder a sdcard reader to the emmc pins on the motherboard and flash the bootloader partition from linux, lsat i checked we don't have the pins mapped out for the 2013 kfhd so that method is not doable yet. I think someone was mapping them out but i don't remeber if its the 2013 model or not. Think they mapped some of them out though just not all. The omap flash(also known as shorting trick) method isnt going to work either so don't bother attempting it, we need a signed aboot file only amazon has and without it its imposible to flash the bootloader in that mode.

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna cut my losses and sell for spares!

Cheers

J

Zorge.R

Feb 24, 2009
Bricked Kindle Fire 2 with FFF bootloader, no led, no adb, no fastboot, nothing.
Any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. So the other day I installed TWRP on my Kindle Fire successfully. The KF was at 10.2.6, I'm not sure if that means it's a Kindle Fire 2 or not. Anyways, when I went to flash FFF, I stupidly flashed the .zip as a bootloader, thus making my Kindle Fire completely unusable. When I press the power button, nothing at all happens. Nothing I do will make the screen turn on or the power button to flash in any way. I've tried using Firekit with usbboot and the shorting trick, but that hasn't worked for me.

I think you need a Factory cable to recover.

If you connect the Kindle to the PC and try adb devices in a terminal window, what do you see?

From the software version, you have KF2, as such you need to use the tools and ROMs from the KF2 threads. You could try to use the one click freedom boot and TWRP installer, to see if you can get that on.

From there you would probably have to push one of the 10.1 ROMs on, or the 10.2.6 recovery image, and then start again.

This seems to be happening a lot, and could be avoided if people read a bit more before using the wrong tools.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using Tapatalk HD
    Howdy. I just fashioned a factory cable, just jumping +5V to pin 4, right? It seems to be doing absolutely nothing. No lights or anything are turning on. The freedom boot just spits out "error: device not found" and hangs on "Pushing Stack". Again, I was under the impression that the factory cable only made it boot in fastboot if you already have a working bootloader. I'll try loading into Ubuntu and see what it says in terminal. Thanks

EDIT: So, when I type adb devices into terminal, I get:

The program 'adb' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
    sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb
    You will have to enable the component called 'universe'

Could this have been my problem to begin with?

EDIT 2: Well, I installed ADB. There are no devices found when I enter that command, and the shorting trick with still doesn't work. Ugh.

Leave your Kindle plugged in for an hour using the normal cable, as it may be totally flat.

The attached diagram shows what pins need joining. If you can, make sure none of the other pins are shorting.

Hold the power button for 20 seconds, plug in your fastboot cable, power on the Kindle.

You should see some traffic lights on the screen.

If you can get fastboot enabled, you should be able to push the correct partitions back on using the partitions from the factory restore image, your backup files or from the recovery thread. Hope you get it running.

I tried the fastboot cable out on a working Kindle Fire, and it worked correctly, so I did wire it right. I did as you said, holding the power button down and then plugging in the cable, and nothing happens still on the KF2. I have access to the insides, should I unplug the battery? It should be around 85% charged. Thanks again.

Edit: BIG NEWS~ Not really. When I plug the Kindle Fire with the fastboot cable into Windows, it appears under Device Manager as "Unknown Device" with a yellow triangle, but nothing shows up on the Kindle, no lights or anything. Hmph.

You could have tried sending it back to Amazon, but you say you have opened it.

If it's any consolation, I contacted the Moderators, and they put a warning on the KFU thread to hopefully deter anything like this from happening in the future (not that someone won't try it anyway).
    Hi,

J