Play mkv file on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

Search This thread

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
Samsung video player app came with this tablet can play mkv file but no sound. Is there a solution for this anyone?

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 2

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
MX player is free and works as does Archos player, also free. Both can be found on the play store. You may need to also get the Archos free codecs and if you want DTS sound in MX then you need to download the custom codec (there is a link in MX player)...

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
Yes MX-video player will do the job but
Samsung video player on my note 2 can play mkv file with no issue. So there must be away to make it work.

Sgh-I317M
Rogers
Rom: DN3 3.2

tls.

Feb 25, 2013
Yes MX-video player will do the job but
Samsung video player on my note 2 can play mkv file with no issue. So there must be away to make it work.

Sgh-I317M
Rogers
Rom: DN3 3.2

mkv is just the container, samsung dropped ac3 support. You can strip the audio & remux or do as others suggested and use a software based player.

bruce16878

Aug 31, 2012
I used to use MX player but recenty found out clueful privacy advisor indicate it has the potential/risk of leaking the device unique ID. Currently using super video player/Gplayer using software decoder to be able to hear audio during video playback.

Last edited:

jimaginet

Feb 17, 2013
Talk about XBMC. I also have audio problem. I can get it plays any movie but bad audio meaning I can hear sound but too much static... Is there any setting I need to do.
Xbmc 12.3 on Note 10.1 2014 and Note 2 same problem.

Sgh-I317M
Roger
DN3 3.1.2

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I used to use MX player but recenty found out clueful privacy advisor indicate it has the potential/risk of leaking the device unique ID. Currently using super video player/Gplayer using software decoder to be able to hear audio during video playback.

Which is why I'm rooted, have xPosed framework installed and added xPrivacy....

Kybic

Aug 25, 2008
If I were you I would skip the usual trash on market and go for VLC instead. Its free and opensource with excellent reputation of being the swiss knife of media players. Recently the authors made a sustained effort to bring it from PC to iOS and android.

Beta version is available on the market and fresh apk nightlies can be downloaded from their servers http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/android-armv7/.

Even though still in beta, everything except hit and miss harware acceleration works.

Cirno5

Oct 9, 2013
Gütersloh
Ok, I just used the file from MX Player....I guess that didn't work.
Picked the file from your link now.

About MX Player. In LBE Security there isn't anything listed concerning the ID. Do you guys have anything to read up on this issue?

lightman33

Dec 14, 2007
You can try diceplayer or mxplayer on the playstore. However, someone says they may miss audio when playing MKV on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 with it. If you plan to put and watch MKV movies on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, converting MKV to MP4, which is the most suitable format for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 playback, may be the best method.

BSplayer is working for me with all my videos, maybe you should try it.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
You can try diceplayer or mxplayer on the playstore. However, someone says they may miss audio when playing MKV on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 with it. If you plan to put and watch MKV movies on Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, converting MKV to MP4, which is the most suitable format for Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 playback, may be the best method.

On MX you need to set audio decoding via software but sound works fine for MKV's...

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Mx player can play anything. If it doesnt then just get the right codec. If it doesnt exist just write the right codec.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app