[ROM][P51xx][4.4.4] SlimKat

Search This thread

PF4XDA

Dec 2, 2014
thanks Andy
If I get it right I need to install that from Google Play, that will install the app which will install TWRP and then I can use that to install the above image.
Can you confirm that SlimKat 4.4.4 is indeed an Android 7 room? All the google resutls for how to install Slimkat send me to install KitKat Androind 4x)

the image I am running is so bad that it is crashing while I am downloading TWRP
Then it is rebooting and then when it starts I am seeing TWRP in the download queue ...and it is crashing again
the screen time out is so short that the screen turns black in a couple of seconds after the device is up....
Google Play accessed from my desktop is now reporting that the app is installed
The table is saying it is 100% installed but there is no Open button just Cancel...
It finnaly installed but I am wondering if with these random crashes it is safe to try to install the new boot file ...it might crash while it is installing

Last edited:

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
thanks Andy
If I get it right I need to install that from Google Play, that will install the app which will install TWRP and then I can use that to install the above image.
Can you confirm that SlimKat 4.4.4 is indeed an Android 7 room? All the google resutls for how to install Slimkat send me to install KitKat Androind 4x)
No. You download my common TWRP (http://andi34.github.io/recoveries_tab2.html) and install it from your current recovery. Once you reboot the recovery you'll have TWRP.

SlimKat = Android 4.4.4
Slim7 = Android 7.1.2

Feel free to browse on my Userpage (http://andi34.github.io/) and you'll find most informations you need.

PF4XDA

Dec 2, 2014
oh ok thank you ... I am glad I asked
In the mean time I discovered that part of the instability problem was that fact that I had like 500M room left on cards ...
It got better after I deleted some files
I also learned that Google Home will work on my device but Google Assitant will not (I need 1.5G of memory) so I guess upgrading does not make sense if I do not see any more instability problems after the disk clean up

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

All the download links from this page seem disabled
https://slimroms.org/#/device/espressowifi

Am I doing anything wrong? I am trying to download Slim7 for my PT5110

OK I got it from here
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117927579

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

twrp is an img file
my bootloader is looking for zip files...what am I missing, how do I install Twrp?

Last edited:

PF4XDA

Dec 2, 2014
ok I did manage to install the slim7 using TWRP from Google Store (put the tablet in root mode)
After that I was able to install the zipe for Slim7 and I am currently installing the Stock Gapps

Andi many thanks, great job. TWRm is amazingly useful and practical.

Android-Andi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
twrp is an img file

my bootloader is looking for zip files...what am I missing, how do I install Twrp?
if you would have looked at my page you'd have found TWRP as .img (can be used on Heimdall or inside TWRP to update TWRP), as .tar.md5 (for Odin) or as .zip (to flash from an existing recovery).

But anyway: good to hear you got it working.

Massy@76

Apr 2, 2020
Rom samsung p5100

HI, CAN YOU SEND ME THIS STABLE SLIMROM ? I DONT' FIND IT
Slim-p5100-4.4.4.build.9.0-OFFICIAL-8289
sha1 2014-12-26 09:58:56 11483 135.72 MB

THANKS

pabloluih

Feb 14, 2016
I have just discover this fantastic rom and revived my device. Although I will install Slim6 because of incompatible apps I love the simplicity of KitKat... It's a pity how does the Android ecosystem has evolved. I would like to see my new mobile phone with a KitKat rom o_O

Thanks @Android-Andi for your enormous effort and the website with all rom available for this device!

mrdreamers4u

Dec 1, 2012
Most apps i try to install i get a "There was a problem parsing the package" error and it will not let me install the app how can i fix this?
And slim6 and 7 and lp will not install just kat.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts