Front camera not working?

Search This thread

Willanhanyard

Feb 9, 2012
In the past few ROMs I have had I think past ICS, my front camera has never worked. I can use the back one fine, but when I try to switch to the front one it just crashes and says camera has stopped working. The only way I can then reenter the camera app is to clear data in the settings.

I really want to use my front camera, but I'm not sure if it is from the ROMs or my front camera is actually broken. Can you guys please help me out?

Butchr

Apr 22, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
You are going to have to actually do a little bit of reading in order to find the proper files as I am not going to pick back through the entire thread to find the proper links, but my wife has been running this rom for nearly a month.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637943

There are a couple of patch files linked to inside the thread. There is a flicker patch as well as a camera patch. You will also want to flash uber kernel as well. After flashing the rom and gaps I booted the phone and set everything up for her, went back grabbed the patches and kernel, flashed the kernel and both patches then rebooted. After doing all of that her phone has been running smooth as silk with an occasional manual reboot everything seems to bee working great. Can't attest to the bluetooth stability as she never uses it but the camera works both pics and video front and back.