[sticky!!!!] The "answer Only With Hw Buttons" option or similar solution...

Search This thread

Pharaohnough

Mar 12, 2007
Cairo
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
This MAY help

Have you guys seen this thread?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=386451

Surely this app's developer can help if not provide the solution outright- the app even lets you control the Windows locking mechanism using an external custom parameter file.

It seems VERY configurable and is built on the native Windows lock so I'm sure someone with a lot of time and creativity and make this work. :D

diamondino

Jul 13, 2008
it's a little more complicated than what i imagined... :D
there are tons of parameters.

i'll try this app tomorrow... if it works i'll post the configuration.
if some other dudes make some tests we'll compare the optimal configuration :)

Furbious

Jun 15, 2007
From what I've tried using the setup, this doesn't work at all - even if you force to only unlock on key combinations, it doesn't lock. If you specify unlock only with the above, it goes into a loop of trying to lock and failing, and keeps redrawing the screen.
I've already got a 4 digit password set, using v1.3 duttys rom.
If anyone else can get this to run on a different rom, I might be persuaded to move.

Also, as far as S2U2 is an alternative, its ok, but there's too much which detracts from using it.
Sometimes it doesn't set itself as the top window quick enough, so the redraw adds extra seconds while it sorts itself out (sometimes it doesn't get to the top at all, and can also obscure the PIN entry screen). It also drains the battery quickly, plus it occasionally causes the phone to not wake up at all :(

Mr. Foley

Jun 16, 2008
Good question. With the IPhone, this should not be a problem, as that display reacts only to skin contact. Other HTC Phones probably do not have the problem that often, because from what I've seen, the screen ist mostly not in line with the case, but a little lower.

ykat

Jun 19, 2007
possible solution for dialer skin: (just idea) somebody has to code it, as i am not an wm coder
1, incoming call
2, you have 2 or 3 buttons on dialer skin and you have to press them in a combination in order to answer the call.
maybe stupid
cheers

diamondino

Jul 13, 2008
the iphone works only with skin contact? how is it possible? :-/

anyone have a samsung omnia to test?

fsw23

Jul 21, 2008
Maybe we could have a feature as for the sms message incoming !

I mean "no wake up" and when a call is incoming, as the mobile is -blocked- (screen off), we need first to switch on with power button, then press sensitive button for the different options

Also we could feature this in a mode called maybe "pocket", with these settings !?

( I just give the idea, don't count on me for programming the nowakeupincomingcall.cab" ;) )