Need definitive answer

Search This thread

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
ok...thats in line with what i was reading. as he was saying yes the root works after the ota but we may find that you need the shipping version of the rom...in order to maybe unlock the nand. and if you ota you may lose that.

KERKEDAGAIN

Mar 24, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 7
Google Pixel 7 Pro
kinda hard to make a definitive answer for that..I'm happy to say that although I ran the OTA, the root method still worked.

I think, though, the point is that not running OTAs is just a good rule o' thumb cuz y'never know what may happen.

p.s. you do realize that if you are, indeed, planning to root..there's no reason to run the OTA cuz root takes you backward, right?

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
kinda hard to make a definitive answer for that..I'm happy to say that although I ran the OTA, the root method still worked.

I think, though, the point is that not running OTAs is just a good rule o' thumb cuz y'never know what may happen.

p.s. you do realize that if you are, indeed, planning to root..there's no reason to run the OTA cuz root takes you backward, right?

was not aware that it would take ya backwards...all though that makes sense...after rooting though and doing the ota update we know root sticks so...that would bring you current again. which though when i was reading that the ota update may or may not prevent you from doing the nand unprotect later on

timothydonohue

Oct 2, 2007
Portland, Maine
jesus...

did you read anything before you posted up?

not to be an ass, but do a little research. and, this is not development. this is q and a. post your questions there.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
Yes I read the problem is there is 4 different threads at least with conflicting info.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my EVO 4G