FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[7.10.2012][NT 5.10.8835.35 V1]Gold_C_ML_51265104_R_153000830_2316w0506U by ansar

2,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,851

By ansar.ath.gr, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th February 2012, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2012, 06:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Ya after repeated attempts I have given up. Without a premium account Rapidshare is useless for downloading anything bigger than 50Megs.

The DFT Freedom Rom for Sprint is here http://www.filefactory.com/file/c241..._for_Sprint.7z
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IM0001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IM0001 Ad-Free

17th February 2012, 07:00 PM |#12  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just saw your post in the other thread. Thank you
17th February 2012, 07:34 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001

Ya after repeated attempts I have given up. Without a premium account Rapidshare is useless for downloading anything bigger than 50Megs.

The DFT Freedom Rom for Sprint is here http://www.filefactory.com/file/c241..._for_Sprint.7z

Hey where exactly did you find this file? There is no thread here on xda so would please elaborate on the specs? 8107 or 7400, Internet sharing etc... Wanna try it out but would also like a little more info on the subject.
17th February 2012, 07:40 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001

The DFT Freedom Rom for Sprint is here

@IM0001

If you PM me i can post up on my FTP server and let you download it from there, i just cant put it up for everyone. Just let me know if you still want to give this Rom a try.

Anyone else that is having issues getting the ROM package PM me and i can put it up for you. But i can only allow so many people to do it as my ISP has a bandwidth limit
17th February 2012, 07:45 PM |#15  

More
Originally you were supposed to PM mwang for it, but after testing it I don't see it not being a safe first step into custom roms for the Arrive. (If Mwang says otherwise let me know.)

Anyway from what I have seen..

It is a 8107 Rom.
Fully unlocked.
WiFi Tethering.
Preinstalled a few HTC apps (that need updating) as well as File Explorer and Registry Editor
A few other little tidbits but nothing to really set it apart.

After installing everything I wanted/have before, I am back down to around 4G free space lol. I have way to many apps apparently.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid420

@IM0001

If you PM me i can post up on my FTP server and let you download it from there, i just cant put it up for everyone. Just let me know if you still want to give this Rom a try.

Anyone else that is having issues getting the ROM package PM me and i can put it up for you. But i can only allow so many people to do it as my ISP has a bandwidth limit

Can you not host it on a Public Dropbox or something? (Rather than use Bandwidth on your own) Get an account here if you haven't got one and host it in your Public folder. It is easy and free and since the rom wont be your only one, not a huge requirement that you can't just delete it and replace it with a new one later.
The Following User Says Thank You to IM0001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IM0001 Ad-Free
17th February 2012, 10:07 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoiledsnake

Great News!!!

Can anyone confirm tethering working?

Is there any tool to migrate the existing data to the new ROM? Failing that, is there any way to backup the existing ROM so that it can be restored later?

Can someone answer my question, I don't want to lose all my data. If I can atleast back up my current ROM with the data that will be good so that I can restore it after checking out other ROMs.
17th February 2012, 11:12 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoiledsnake

Can someone answer my question, I don't want to lose all my data. If I can atleast back up my current ROM with the data that will be good so that I can restore it after checking out other ROMs.

Yes you can find the tool to force a backup of your current config on your curent rom here It will only work to restore your phone on the rom it has stock so be warned.

Once you have a custom rom, you can backup and restore app data, sms, etc all through 3rd party means so once you go custom, you probably wont be coming back to full stock
The Following User Says Thank You to IM0001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IM0001 Ad-Free
18th February 2012, 12:02 AM |#18  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,851

More
Arrow New version released
Hi,

I released new version that have fixed most issues

I did not fix the so called sms 160 characters limit

The download link in post #1 has been updated

Regards, ansar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ansar.ath.gr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ansar.ath.gr Ad-Free
18th February 2012, 12:09 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
IM0001- So what were the exact steps you used to get this to work. I am having a little trouble with the way to do this properly.
1. Download both rom files
2. Flash b1 (which will fail)
3. Flash b2
4. Then do the XSPL
5. Flash custom rom?

Just want to make sure I get this right b4 I brick my device
18th February 2012, 01:05 AM |#20  

More
I cannot find the U2M8107.xap to deploy in the download that i had.

After flashing the rom it wouldnt connect to my cellular network and i couldnt launch any of the pre installed apps.

I am going to try and re flash it to see if that fixes it but i have my doubts.

*****Update******
I reflashed the rom and it seems to be working now.

@IM0001

I will upload it to the best place you think i should, you think just dropbox would be good enough?

@ansar.ath.gr

Thanks for the rom. Its pretty cool.
18th February 2012, 02:43 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm trying to download the rom for my Sprint Arrive phone but the download is going super super slow. ugghh..

I currently have the DFT rom loaded and everything works great with the exception of MMS. Is there an MMS APN setting that I need to enter for Sprint?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)