258 posts
Thanks Meter: 160

By leadpoizon, Senior Member on 26th June 2012, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th June 2012, 02:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
So far, so good for the 2 hours I've had this ROM

Network and prl updates work fine...I haven't poked and prodded at it otherwise yet but will tonight!

27th June 2012, 03:42 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
AVG flag
1)Did any1 else's antivirus throw a flag when downloading the second part of the rom?
2) What is the second file for? Is the first part the hspl/ rpl?
27th June 2012, 03:53 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18

1)Did any1 else's antivirus throw a flag when downloading the second part of the rom?
2) What is the second file for? Is the first part the hspl/ rpl?

Rest assured, I have better things to do than infect peoples computers with viruses. The ROM is over 300MB. Mediafire has a limit of 200MB per file, so I had to split it into two files. It's a self-extracting .rar file, so the first .exe needs the second .rar file to extract all the contents. AVG flagged it because it probably saw a .exe within the archive and considered it suspicious. It's all safe, but don't take my word for it. Try it out, and hope your computer doesn't get infected.
27th June 2012, 04:11 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadpoizon

Rest assured, I have better things to do than infect peoples computers with viruses. The ROM is over 300MB. Mediafire has a limit of 200MB per file, so I had to split it into two files. It's a self-extracting .rar file, so the first .exe needs the second .rar file to extract all the contents. AVG flagged it because it probably saw a .exe within the archive and considered it suspicious. It's all safe, but don't take my word for it. Try it out, and hope your computer doesn't get infected.

Complete misunderstanding. I know the file is clean but the page had some kinda trojan when I opened it up. Anyway back to the good stuff. So I do the hspl/ rspl first then use your first rom update utiliy with the first .rar... then the second will automatically extract? or will it prompt me asking where the file is? I am amittedly slow. Dropped on my head as a kid.
27th June 2012, 04:38 AM |#15  
Flag Gray, TN
Thanks Meter: 71

More
There wont be any problems if I flash straight from ansar's rom, will there? I have the HSPL on here if that matters.
27th June 2012, 05:07 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yung18

Complete misunderstanding. I know the file is clean but the page had some kinda trojan when I opened it up. Anyway back to the good stuff. So I do the hspl/ rspl first then use your first rom update utiliy with the first .rar... then the second will automatically extract? or will it prompt me asking where the file is? I am amittedly slow. Dropped on my head as a kid.

Ah, and I'm sorry if I sounded mean. I didn't mean it in a mean way at all.

1. Use the DFT utility to load the custom bootloader (rspl/hspl)
2. Load your phone into bootloader mode (tri-colored screen) and connect it to the PC.
3. Click on the ROM .exe file with the .rar in the same folder.
4. After a few seconds (of extracting in the background), The ROM will start to verify the device and start flashing.

Regarding the Trojan: I'll try to use my SkyDrive or Dropbox for future releases, because those ads and trojans can be annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwolf

There wont be any problems if I flash straight from ansar's rom, will there? I have the HSPL on here if that matters.

Yeah, going from another custom ROM should be fine, as long as you are on the GOLD_C (Arrive)
27th June 2012, 06:09 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Oops...I just figured you had given the option of an exe or rar file type so I ran the rar file and flashed the rom!

Weird because it does say 8779 in settings and everything appears to be working fine...hmmm...guess I'll start over...

I've only flash ROMs for the last 6 years or so...need a brain check...
27th June 2012, 10:21 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Is there any other details about the rom? Such as, IE .XAP install, Any included apps, list of tweaks, list of bugs, ZUNE backup/upgrade capable?

I just finished getting a replacement phone (impailed my old Arrive Sunday. RIP good fiend) and just finished getting this phone all setup and realize I really need that 32G upgrade. I really couldn't give a hoot about the PRL stuff since I don't have any signal issues, but if this rom has any benifit over the Asnar one, I might as well jump onboard.
27th June 2012, 10:44 PM |#19  
Flag Gilbert, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks for the hard work! I'll be eagerly downloading and installing this as soon as I get home from work tonight. If you need another beta tester, I have a spare handset I use for testing/developing/spare parts (but no active service contract) that I would be glad to use for testing new ROM builds too.
28th June 2012, 01:41 AM |#20  
Flag Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Hey, so on the HSPL/RSPL page, there's that warning:
Quote:

WARNING TO ALL:
Do NOT use RSPL / HSPL with Mozart 4.XX and other RUU ROMS with MANGO.
All WP7F devices affected: MOZART, GOLD, SCHUBERT, MONDRIAN, SPARK!
It will damage your device. Not a joke.

I've got Mango on my Arrive; does this warning apply to me? Do I need to switch to an earlier version before starting this process?
28th June 2012, 02:48 AM |#21  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrabb

Hey, so on the HSPL/RSPL page, there's that warning:

I've got Mango on my Arrive; does this warning apply to me? Do I need to switch to an earlier version before starting this process?

what version SPL do you currently have running? check with putting into tricolor mode.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)