[HOWTO] get files on SD without restart

Search This thread

ChaosBoy

May 28, 2010
Driedorf
here is a way to get files on your sd-card withaout a restart...

1.Phone off, take out the memory card and copy everything on the PC.
2.The memory card stuck inside again and start Windows Mobile.
3.Unter Windows Mobile format the memory card, it is ne EncFiltLog.menc file generated, do not delete the file please!
4.Phone off again, take out memory card and copy everything from the PC back to the memory card, not only the newly created file EncFiltLog.menc override.
5. Android launch.

hier ne Anleitung, wie Ihr Dateien auf SD-Karte bringt, ohne das Android neu starten zu müssen.

1.Telefon ausschalten, die Speicherkarte rausnehmen und alles auf den PC kopieren.
2.Die Speicherkarte wieder reinstecken und Windows Mobile starten.
3.Unter Windows Mobile die Speicherkarte formatieren, dabei wird ne Datei EncFiltLog.menc erzeugt, die Datei bitte nicht löschen!
4.Telefon wieder ausschalten, Speicherkarte rausnehmen und alles vom PC wieder auf die Speicherkarte kopieren, nur die neu erzeugte Datei EncFiltLog.menc nicht überschreiben.
5. Android starten.

Thanks "motoville" on pocketpc
Danke an "motoville" auf pocketpc

Last edited:

s.supervisor

Nov 25, 2010
Landsberg am Lech
For what's the point? Once this process once or at each change in the files.
Solves my problem, I have to do every time a restart when I put files on the phone or SD-like. Apk `s
:confused::confused:

Many questions, I should have better numbering.
:eek:

Für was soll das gut sein? Ist dieser Vorgang einmalig oder bei jeder änderung in den Dateien.
Löst das mein Problem, das ich jedesmal einen neustart machen muß wenn ich Dateien auf das Handy bzw- Sd schiebe wie zB .apk`s

Viele Fragen, hätte ich besser Nummerieren sollen.

ChaosBoy

May 28, 2010
Driedorf
For what's the point? Once this process once or at each change in the files.
Solves my problem, I have to do every time a restart when I put files on the phone or SD-like. Apk `s

Many questions, I should have better numbering.

Für was soll das gut sein? Ist dieser Vorgang einmalig oder bei jeder änderung in den Dateien.
Löst das mein Problem, das ich jedesmal einen neustart machen muß wenn ich Dateien auf das Handy bzw- Sd schiebe wie zB .apk`s

Viele Fragen, hätte ich besser Nummerieren sollen.

Wenn Du das einmalig machst, kannst Du Dateien ohne Neustart auf dein HD2-Android per USB speichern und sofort abrufen.

If you do this once, you can store files without restarting of your HD2 Android via USB and instantly.

madu2

Dec 22, 2006
Wenn Du das einmalig machst, kannst Du Dateien ohne Neustart auf dein HD2-Android per USB speichern und sofort abrufen.

If you do this once, you can store files without restarting of your HD2 Android via USB and instantly.

If you change the android build, do you have to make it again? (I supose the answer is Yes).

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
If you change the android build, do you have to make it again? (I supose the answer is Yes).

NO!

I'm really surprised why everybody keep saying that it needs a restart to see files putted on SDcard!
Since my first use of android in june maybe till now i have:
1-formatted my memory card only once in winmo
2-used many many build
3-always copied files from SD / to SD and see them without any restart!!!

However:
You should "safely remove" the SDcard from pc first; then turn off the USB mode (if senseless) or change to "charge only" (if sense) and wait till it shows on notification bar "preparing SDcard" and then unplug the cable!

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
here is a way to get files on your sd-card withaout a restart...

1.Phone off, take out the memory card and copy everything on the PC.
2.The memory card stuck inside again and start Windows Mobile.
3.Unter Windows Mobile format the memory card, it is ne EncFiltLog.menc file generated, do not delete the file please!
4.Phone off again, take out memory card and copy everything from the PC back to the memory card, not only the newly created file EncFiltLog.menc override.
5. Android launch.

hier ne Anleitung, wie Ihr Dateien auf SD-Karte bringt, ohne das Android neu starten zu müssen.

1.Telefon ausschalten, die Speicherkarte rausnehmen und alles auf den PC kopieren.
2.Die Speicherkarte wieder reinstecken und Windows Mobile starten.
3.Unter Windows Mobile die Speicherkarte formatieren, dabei wird ne Datei EncFiltLog.menc erzeugt, die Datei bitte nicht löschen!
4.Telefon wieder ausschalten, Speicherkarte rausnehmen und alles vom PC wieder auf die Speicherkarte kopieren, nur die neu erzeugte Datei EncFiltLog.menc nicht überschreiben.
5. Android starten.

Thanks "motoville" on pocketpc
Danke an "motoville" auf pocketpc

I don't see why you should remove memory card when you can do all you need from winmo, no restart needed. Maybe i should stop formatting too, don't see the point if you can just delete what you don't need. Its a pain to copy my music all the time :mad:.

StephanV

Nov 16, 2009
I don't see why you should remove memory card when you can do all you need from winmo, no restart needed. Maybe i should stop formatting too, don't see the point if you can just delete what you don't need. Its a pain to copy my music all the time :mad:.

Just use a wifi file/sync manager?

trmacdonal

Oct 18, 2007
Boston
I am not sure why this works for some people but not others. I used tytung's HDNEXUS build and it works fine. I transfer files to and from my SD card in android without restarting all the time. I didn't do anything, it has just always worked this way.

hd2life

Nov 29, 2010
I could always transfer files, newer had a problem. It worked with stock t-mobile rom and now works great with energy rom. I can even format the sd card from from windows.

BlackPit666

Sep 10, 2010
Cologne
with Clean_6.5_DsE_MM_V6 it didnt work also. so i flashed a original rom, no i got the file.
will be testing the next days and report back

pReXx

May 8, 2009
However:
You should "safely remove" the SDcard from pc first; then turn off the USB mode (if senseless) or change to "charge only" (if sense) and wait till it shows on notification bar "preparing SDcard" and then unplug the cable!

Would be the easiest way i think. :D
Gonna try it, ty!

ChaosBoy

May 28, 2010
Driedorf
I could always transfer files, newer had a problem. It worked with stock t-mobile rom and now works great with energy rom. I can even format the sd card from from windows.

Welches Build nutzt Du??? Vielleicht gibt es Unterschiede zwischen den einzelnen Android-Builds... Der Sache müsste sich vielleicht mal ein Dev annehmen, warum es bei dem einem klappt und bei dem anderem nicht...

ich nutze phireMOD CM6 1.4b und EnergyRom

Which build do you use? Perhaps there are differences between the Android builds ...
Can a Dev to answer the question, why it did not work for one and not the other ...?

I use phireMOD CM6 1.4b and EnergyROM