MX Player
AirReceiver
HBO GO

What I tried but did not work
Chrome (force closes)
Dolphins (error during install)
UC Browser (orientation issues)
Avia (force closes)
Stock GS4 Browser (error during install "NO SHARED FOLDER")
XBMC Gothem beta 3(loads but when video comes on I get a green screen with sound only)

I got the APKs from backups using Titanium Back Up on my GS4.
I used the adb method on Amazon website to install.

What I use for a mouse and keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B9996LA/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Can you please elaborate on what you defince as "works"? I understood HBO Go did not work, for starters.

Should I take this to mean that Firefox is actually a functional browser on this unit without issue, and therefore can utilize it as a web browser?

PHAMOS1

Jul 31, 2010
Can you please elaborate on what you defince as "works"? I understood HBO Go did not work, for starters.

Should I take this to mean that Firefox is actually a functional browser on this unit without issue, and therefore can utilize it as a web browser?

Works means EXACTLY what works normally means. I started the app went to Game of Thrones hit play and it came on.

On Firefox I opened it went to my hotmail. Amazon, gmail and Bing. I searched for HBO Go with google it came up and it gave the normal I need Flash player 10.2 error that the Droid browsers give without the modded FP. But the app does work. It's a YouTube video of it so don't take my word for it.

Reactions: Sean09

rsohne

Mar 4, 2007
Just got my Fire TV about an hour ago and can confirm that my Moga controller actually works with it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
Plugged in a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard/touchpad. alpha keys work for text entry, and arrow keys navigate. Oddly, double tap on the touch pad zooms out in netflix app... dunno the purpose of that function.

edit: can use the keyboard/touchpad combo to work HBO Go... Can only get stereo sound out of HBO Go so far though... don't see any audio settings in the app.

Last edited:

Montisaquadeis

Nov 16, 2011
Guys try side loading the latest Flash APK and firefox and see if they work together. No issues with the combo on my Kindle Fire HDX but I want to make sure they work on the Fire TV.

destinal

Dec 5, 2010
Guys try side loading the latest Flash APK and firefox and see if they work together. No issues with the combo on my Kindle Fire HDX but I want to make sure they work on the Fire TV.

I installed "Adobe Flash ICS 11.1.115.47" from xda and the latest firefox APK from firefox FTP site and the flash test page works and youtube is now working in Firefox (before I installed flash, loading a youtube video in Firefox would crash the browser)

Firefox on FireTV is actually probably the best web browser experience I've ever had on a set top. I have a wireless USB keyboard and mouse and even the scroll wheel works to scroll in web pages, keyboard forward and back buttons work. Zoom is slightly limited (you can double click to zoom in and out but without pinch / touch controls that seems to be it).

Last edited:
Reactions: majjhima

tensuke

Aug 4, 2010
SNES works fine with GNES, kind of a pain to get it set up but once it's working it's fine, only tried FPse for PSX and the controller is messed up, will try more emus in a bit. Loving it so far. :)

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
For those that are trying Google products you must have google play services APK installed as almost all the google apps are tied to it.

So you will need to sideload the google play services, found all over the web, and then the google playstore and you can then start installing from google play. Should cut down on all the sideloading.

Also note that the USB port is hot but is not working for media. If any of you wish to try a a usb hard drive please install paragon first so it can add the proper info to the OS to see the NTFS drive and then mount it to wherever you want. I am not sure that it working but another person was going to try it and he never reported back.

As for XBMC please use Gotham B3 or better. The mediacodec is missing but libstagefreight should work. This is based on my LG Optimus G using the S4Pro as well.

NOTE: on another forum a guy mentioned XBMC for NEON devices ran good... no idea...

All in all I am thinking that this might be my next box. I have an older dual core MX1 that is showing it's age in video games. I have been attempting to use my old LG Optimus G for it's replacement but there are a few issue's that are holding me back from loving it as a media/gaming center device.

Last edited:
Reactions: majjhima

Montisaquadeis

Nov 16, 2011
I installed "Adobe Flash ICS 11.1.115.47" from xda and the latest firefox APK from firefox FTP site and the flash test page works and youtube is now working in Firefox (before I installed flash, loading a youtube video in Firefox would crash the browser)

Firefox on FireTV is actually probably the best web browser experience I've ever had on a set top. I have a wireless USB keyboard and mouse and even the scroll wheel works to scroll in web pages, keyboard forward and back buttons work. Zoom is slightly limited (you can double click to zoom in and out but without pinch / touch controls that seems to be it).

Good to hear things are working. On such a large screen there should be no reason to zoom. I also tend to use the phony addon and set it to Desktop Firefox. That tends to open up Desktop websites for me which is how I run on my Kindle Fire HDX in landscape mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEVELOPMENT
    Connect Using ADB:
    https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/connect-adb.html

Install APKS:
    https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/app-install.html

APPS Working:
    Adobe Flash with Firefox *Thanks destinal*
    Allcast - Reported
    CBS - Reported
    Charter TV - Reported by Me
    DirectTV App Tablet/Phone - Reported
    Dish Anywhere - Reported
    Dropbox - Works but you cant install apk this way
    Firefox *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    Remote. Media Center TV *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    ES File Explorer *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    MLB TV Premium *FireTv Version* Bypass Restrictions
    MX Player *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    AirReceiver *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    HBO GO *Thanks PHAMOS1*
    TimeWarner App *Thanks georgieff*
    WWE Network - Works
    Xbox Music - Reported
    Xfinity TV Go - Works - Reported
    Xtralogic Remote Desktop Client- Reported

XBMC Versions that work
    Frodo XBMC
    SPMC 12.4.2 *Thanks Koying from XBMC* Download
    SPMC 12.4.2 Launcher Edition *Thank to mastafunk* Download
    XBMC for Ouya 12.3.2 - Download
    Gotham XBMC
    XBMC 13.1 *Thanks Koying from XBMC* - Download

APPS NOT Working:
    Popcorn Time - Reported - Needs Mouse, video very choppy

Live TV with HomeRun Prime:

Ouya Store on Fire TV: Instructions

IPTV Server Setup on Fire TV: Instructions

Emulators:
    ePSXe for Android - Reported
    FPse for Android - Installs but reports that the controllers arent registering correctly - Reported
    Snes9x EX+ - Reported

Hardware Working:
    Keyboards/Mouse
    Logitech K320 - Reported
    Logitech K400r - Reported
    Logitech K520 - Reported
    Logitech K750 - Reported
    Logitech K800 - Reported
    Logitech MX5500 - Reported
    Lenovo Mulitimedia Remote N5902 - Reported
    Hausbell Mini H7 2.4GHz Wireless Entertainment Keyboard with Touchpad for PC
    Mele Pro F10 - *Thanks MejDam*
    DiNovo mini - Keyboard works but no mouse *Thanks DealLQ* - Reported
    FAVI Entertainment SmartStick Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse - Reported

Controllers
    Xbox 360 Wired - Reported
    Xbox 360 Wireless with Dongle - Reported
    PS4 Wired - Buttons map incorretly FIX
    Ouya Controller - I have tested
    Madcatz Mojo (with dongle) - I have tested
    Moga Controller - Reported

MCE Remote Contro
    ARtec VRC-1100 - Reported

Video Formats:
    720p - Works - SPMC, XBMC for Ouya, gotham release
    1080i - Works - SPMC, XBMC for Ouya, gotham release
    1080p - Works - SPMC, XBMC for Ouya, gotham release

My SPMC Audio Settings:
    DTS%20Settings_thumbnail.jpg

Audio
    DTS: Works (SPMC and XBMC FireTv Version through HDMI and through optical audio)
    Dolby Digital: Works (SPMC and XBMC FireTv Version through HDMI and through optical audio)

Loseless Audio: have these options disabled under system - audio - disable DTS-HD and TrueHD else you'll get nothing but static. DTS-MA files will passthrough as DTS and TrueHD files will be in stereo

Custom Splashscreen

Custom Splashscreen by elmerohueso
    elmerohuesoSplash.jpg

Full Picture
    authors link: http://s2.postimg.org/6zlxaix93/Splash.png

Custom Splashscreen by reaven
    reavenSplash.jpg

Full Picture
    authors link: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2mi409g.jpg

How to Install splash screen:
    move splash.png to platform-tools folder then run the command for your version of XBMC

For XBMC on Ouya Version:
    adb push splash.png /sdcard/Android/data/tv.ouya.xbmc/files/.xbmc/media/splash.png

For SPMC Version:
    adb push splash.png /sdcard/Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc/files/.xbmc/media/splash.png

For Regular XBMC (gotham v13) Version:
    adb push splash.png /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/media/splash.png

Different Launcher
    firelauncher-1.jpg

Modifications on FIre TV
    Root - HERE

Auto boot to XBMC
    AutoPilot - Download
    Once Installed, launch Application and select your XBMC version from the list of apps. Reboot and done.

Block Updates
    You Need to have a Router that is capable of URL Blocking and block the following address.
    http://firs-ta-g7g.amazon.com/
    Spoof Installed location - Thanks to Koying
    adb install -r -i com.amazon.venezia <apk file>

What Doesnt Work
    VC1 decoding - Amazon Doesn't support it
    HD audio (DTSMA and TrueHD) - Android Limitation
    24fps - Android Limitation

Take A ScreenShot Credit to htpcforall
    adb shell screencap -p /storage/emulated/legacy/Pictures/Picture.png
    Why are you even posting that if your sig says you wont help ppl root? because you think you're cool? LMFAO

I wish reading comprehension was focused on more in today's educational establishments. Let me help you with that.

Do NOT email me asking for help rooting your device.

The "Do Not email me" part indicates I don't wish to receive email on the subject.

I posted an image, because I am preparing the package for release right now.

*edit*
    I see you edited your original rude comment,

Why post that if your sig says you wont help ppl root =/ its a slap in the face!

No, slap in the face is the entitlement and rudeness I get from people like you, simply because I don't want personal emails on a subject that could be handled with a PM, or a public forum post.

Instead of waiting for me to finish a releasable, easy to use exploit for it (which I am working on from my hotel room right now), you decide to jump on me for a simple request regarding email in my signature.
    @OP

Please use SPMC 12.4.2 ( http://filez.semperpax.com/5r4ln85l ) instead of 12.3.3 if a Frodo build is preferred for XBMC.
    12.4.x is based on Frodo 12.3 and fixes a nasty video decoding bug.

[EDIT]
    Also, to avoid confusion, it's probably best to remove the reference to "XBMC on Ouya". It's basically the same as SPMC 12.3.3 (which was created because Ouya had to remove DTS/AC3 decoding due to licensing), so superseded by SPMC 12.4.2, too.
    :good: Looks like it has its own section to me:

http://xdaforums.com/fire-tv