flash stock ruu on htc one x

Search This thread

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
After an OTA update my htc one x got into boot loop and the battery also stopped charging.
i charged the battery with the help of fashboot script and unlocked my boot loader and installed custom recovery. After that i charged my phone fully but still it is not starting. stuck at boot loop.
now i want to install stock ruu so please help to find the right ruu for my htc one x

CID-11111111
version-main-2.17.401.2
S-OFF

i tried to install /RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.27_Radi o_5.1204.162.29_release_298897_signed.exe
this one but it gave an error "Error [159]:image error. choose the correct rom.

please help thanks in advance:crying:

Reactions: LEXAM ISULA

webpatrick

May 10, 2006
You have S-OFF and SuperCid, so I think the RUU method should work, but maybe first change the CID to another like HTC__001 or HTC__E11 using command like in fastboot mode:
"fastboot oem writecid HTC__001"

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Yep should work

Or flash the 1.39 hboot firmware and then the 3.14 ruu

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: poonforce

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
Yep should work

Mr Hofs thanks for your kind reply

i tried JB FW easy flasher tool. It changed my CID from 11111111 to HTC_621 and tried to flash firmware but it got stuck at sending 'zip' and phone remains at silver htc logo.
so far i tried to run RUU with my cid as 11111111

shall i try to run RUU after my cid changed to HTC_621

and i dont know how to upgrade hboot.
sir please guide

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
So your fastboot works......well download the 3.14.401 firmware zip file from the firmware placeholder thread (where you also posted in)

Rename the zip file to firmware.zip and flash it

Fastboot oem rebootRUU
Fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

This all needs to be done with a locked/relocked bootloader.

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
[SOLVED] HTC stuck in boot loop after OTA update

So your fastboot works......well download the 3.14.401 firmware zip file from the firmware placeholder thread (where you also posted in)

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

Mr Hofs first of all thank you very much for your help.

here is my story. i bought HTC one x 10 days ago. i am not aware of initial CID, hboot etc. i bought it from Taiwan and presently i am in india.
After two days there was an OTA i got my phone updated and all the problems started. it got into bootloop. This is the time i look for help on XDA. I did factory reset but of no use. After some time i realized battery is also not charging. Every time i plug the phone to pc or wall charger it starts automatically and gets into bootloop. With the help of XDA i found the fastboot script for charging the battery. After that i unlocked my phone and flashed the CWM recovery and got battery charged.
It is the time i came know about
UNLOCKED
S-OFF
version-main-2.17.401.2
Hboot-1.12.0000
CID-11111111
But the problem of not booting up still persisting.
i downloaded and tried
1. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.31_R_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed_2
2. ruu_endeavor_u_jb_45_s_htc_europe_3.14.401.27_radio_5.1204.162.29_release_298897_signed
3. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_hTC_Asia_TW_3.14.709.20_Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_292865_signed_2
and
4. RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_Radio_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed_2

first three RUU stuck at sending file and after 10 minutes or so gave error [159]:image error
The fourth one installed successfully without giving any error but the phone was still in bootloop.
I tried custom rom cyanogenmod 10.1 but it didnt install, it required higher version of Hboot.
Tried MIUI rom it got installed but the touch screen not working.

After that as you suggested i tried to update the firmware 3.14.401. The link you gave was not working may be temporarily. But it was already there on my pc. I didnt flashed it earlier because i was not sure whether this was correct firmware for my phone.
A week passed in above mentioned research.
Today i flashed the firmware and it gave and error with the message to flash it again immediately. So again i run the command but noting happened. so after 15 minutes i removed the phone from pc and restarted it and there it was Hboot-1.39.
So i tried the RUU no. 3 (mentioned above). This time it stuck at erasing user data for about 30 minutes so again i removed the phone from pc.
After that i installed cyanogenmod 10.1 nightly.
Now the phone is working put some features are not working like camer. i think this may be the fault of rom..

Sir should i flash the firmware again?
What i do know to go back to stock or custom rom fully functional and similar to stock.

Well anyway i had lost the hope and with your kind support i made is of some use. Thanks again

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Try any other sense based rom, all roms should work on that hboot (1.39) even all sense 5 roms.

So try SD rom, or viper x 4....just to name a few....or arhd, doesn't matter wich one actually. Just try one and get back

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
Try any other sense based rom, all roms should work on that hboot (1.39) even all sense 5 roms.

So try SD rom, or viper x 4....just to name a few....or arhd, doesn't matter wich one actually. Just try one and get back

So there is no need of flashing the firmware again?

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
Nope !

Sir now the camera is not working. when i switch on the camera it displays distorted static colors instead of image, its totally garbled.
and in SD rom the even after inserting the sim there is no network.
whereas in cyanogenmod network was there. only the camera was having the same problem.
and sometimes there is error "command write failed" using fastboot commands

And sir sometimes commands does not works. It hangs at sending .... even in ruu also it stuck at erasing data, sometime at rebooting to bootloader and sometime at sending... dont know what is happening .
And after flashing firmware 3.14. when i boot into boot loader there is one thing which comes in red for around one second or so.. "[preload] Failed to open usb mass storage" something like that..
dont know how to fix it.

Last edited:

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
Sir now the camera not working in any custom rom. when i switch on the camera it displays the multicolor bars.
and in SD rom the even after inserting the sim there is no network.
whereas in cyanogenmod network was there. only the camera was having the same problem.
and sometimes there is error "command write failed" using fastboot commands

And sir sometimes commands does not works. It hangs at sending .... even in ruu also it stuck at erasing data, sometime at rebooting to bootloader and sometime at sending... dont know what is happening .
And after flashing firmware 3.14. when i boot into boot loader there is one thing which comes in red for around one second or so.. "[preload] Failed to open usb mass storage" something like that..
dont know how to fix it.

Run the command fastboot oem writecid HTC__032 and run RUU 3.14.401.27 and report what will happend

webpatrick

May 10, 2006
Try to use a USB 2.0 port (no USB 3.0)
You could try to disable virusscannersoftware

Download the stock recovery and boot.img from a 3.14.401.31 and flash them via fastboot firmware 3.14.401.31
Write CID to HTC__E11
Relock your bootloader
Flash a RUU via PC (execute .exe file) download RUU. I recommend a re-download, cause you had img error before.

Last edited:

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
Try to use a USB 2.0 port (no USB 3.0)
You could try to disable virusscannersoftware

Download the stock recovery and boot.img from a 3.14.401.31 and flash them via fastboot firmware 3.14.401.31
Write CID to HTC__E11
Relock your bootloader
Flash a RUU via PC (execute .exe file) download RUU. I recommend a re-download, cause you had img error before.

Sir i am using windows8 and not able to extract recovery and boot image from the RUU 3.14.401.31. any idea how to extract on windows.

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
The firmware is a zip file open it with 7zip and copy the boot.img and recovery from it and flash it

And btw, flashing boot and recovery files has to be done with a UNLOCKED bootloader, installing ruu files and flashing firmware files has to be done with a LOCKED/RELOCKED bootloader !
sent from my .......

Last edited:

poonforce

Apr 28, 2011
kolkata
Thanks to XDA and all the members who helped me in repairing my HTC ONE X.
continuing from last post.
As suggested by Webpatrick i installed stock recovery and boot image extracted from firmware 3.14.401.31.
tried to change my cid to HTC_E11 but it gave an error. i could change my cid to HTC_621 only.
so after done above i tried to install ruu http://htc.vi8.info/hTC-One-X/RUU_E...Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed.exe
It gave cid error. So i changed my cid back to Supercid and again run the said RUU.
This time it flashed my HOX successfully. now i have stock rom.
Soon i will post the nandroid backup of my phone hoping it will help somebody like me..
once again thanks to all.:)

Reactions: i_seeque

webpatrick

May 10, 2006
Thanks to XDA and all the members who helped me in repairing my HTC ONE X.
continuing from last post.
As suggested by Webpatrick i installed stock recovery and boot image extracted from firmware 3.14.401.31.
tried to change my cid to HTC_E11 but it gave an error. i could change my cid to HTC_621 only.
so after done above i tried to install ruu http://htc.vi8.info/hTC-One-X/RUU_E...Radio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed.exe
It gave cid error. So i changed my cid back to Supercid and again run the said RUU.
This time it flashed my HOX successfully. now i have stock rom.
Soon i will post the nandroid backup of my phone hoping it will help somebody like me..
once again thanks to all.:)

Good for you!
Thanks for this latest update, it could help some people. Everybody should give such a detailed update after success, but many forget!

sharath4848

Mar 10, 2014
Unable to flsh with ruu

version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.36.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.14.720.24
serialno: HT245W121191
imei: 35918XXX1XXX301
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ461XX00
cidnum: HTC__038
battery-status: low
battery-voltage: 2854mV
devpower: 0
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0

Can Any one suggest me which Ruu should i boot for this device i have tried falsshing
RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_hTC_Asia_India_1.26.720.2_Radio_1.1204.90.13_release_251419_signed ---> its showing 140 Boot vershion error please help me ASAP my phone is not booting into os as well please let me know thanks in advance

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
This is assuming you didnt completely brick your phone which, was my situation. also assuming you can still access your start menu:

click start>settings> on the bottom next to Personal tab, select System.

now select Clear Storage(the icon should be a garbage can with files going into it)

I believe it prompts you to give it the okay. I dont remember if it told me i was going to lose all saved applications and contacts, BUT yeah I did lose all that stuff. That was more than fine considering my phone was ****ED! No apps would open there were errors all over the place and I couldnt get it to flash. Anyway, it hard resets, you see the att screen and it literally goes thru the whole customization setup you went thru when you first turned it on. THATS A GOOD SIGN! haha. it works perfectly.

CONCLUSION: This simple way put my phone right back to its original ATT settings down to the very last piece of crap, lol. BUT i was MOREEE than happy to see it. From there I was able to flash HardSPL(ROM that allows flashing of any other ROM your heart desires)...and the rest is history!

Hope this helps.:D

Answered you in another thread where you posted this. Do not spam this all over and wait at one place to get a responce. We have otherwise no idea where to answer anymore !

Reactions: Thant

freshe708

Jul 17, 2016
Sir i am using windows8 and not able to extract recovery and boot image from the RUU 3.14.401.31. any idea how to extract on windows.
firmware link broken bro send fix it bro
cid: HTC__038
finished. total time: 0.106s

E:\htc\Fastboot HTC\Fastboot HTC\Fastboot HTC>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5a
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.72.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 3.1204.171.33
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.18.707.6
(bootloader) serialno: FA356W100083
(bootloader) imei: 353XXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) product: enrc2b_u
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-T30S
(bootloader) modelid: PM3511000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__038
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3877mV
(bootloader) devpower: 58
(bootloader) partition-layout: None
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: None
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 2
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.478s

WILL DA ROM WORK IN THIS?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After an OTA update my htc one x got into boot loop and the battery also stopped charging.
    i charged the battery with the help of fashboot script and unlocked my boot loader and installed custom recovery. After that i charged my phone fully but still it is not starting. stuck at boot loop.
    now i want to install stock ruu so please help to find the right ruu for my htc one x

CID-11111111
    version-main-2.17.401.2
    S-OFF

i tried to install /RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.27_Radi o_5.1204.162.29_release_298897_signed.exe
    this one but it gave an error "Error [159]:image error. choose the correct rom.

please help thanks in advance:crying:
    Yep should work

Fastboot oem rebootRUU

So there is no need of flashing the firmware again?

Nope !