[CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [01/23] FRX04 Reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chasy

Mar 9, 2009
yeah i agree mikkelnl .. powermanagement + sound are the most important to me at the time .. wlan and Bt will come with time :) i think it won't take too long till me get it working

lhwparis

Jan 9, 2008
yeah i agree mikkelnl .. powermanagement + sound are the most important to me at the time .. wlan and Bt will come with time :) i think it won't take too long till me get it working

absolute correct! powermanagement + sounds are the two things why i am not using android as main system.

pieteckhart

Aug 20, 2008
Nieuw-Vennep
Powermanagement + SOUND... I only miss these two, don't care much for Wifi personally ;)

I am already using it as my main system!

if only these features work!
  • Power Management
  • Sound (Ringtones + Spotify)
  • Wifi (For syncing Spotify)
  • BlueTooth (Handsfree set)
  • GPS (Navigation)
  • Camera (There are so many cool apps that use the camera!!!)

hehe seems like i want everything ;)
any news on the phone that is supposed to be sent to the devs?
i would like to donate for that!

Joeran

May 30, 2009
Stavanger
www.jdahl.no
Before I do anything wrong here... I run an older manila ROM, got WM 6.5 on a Touch Pro (Raphael)... Can I just upload the .cab file, run it and voila, Dualboot and Android? :)

Thanks!

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
Before I do anything wrong here... I run an older manila ROM, got WM 6.5 on a Touch Pro (Raphael)... Can I just upload the .cab file, run it and voila, Dualboot and Android? :)

Thanks!
This cab is targeted at the rhodium. Since you have a raph, I would suggest checking those forums. The raph and vogue are the furthest along in development.

Loconinja

Jul 2, 2007
I think I know why battery life is terrible. Has anyone else noticed that when the screen is "off", the backlight is actually still on? Have a look at your TP2 in the dark and you will see it.

gehzumteufel

Jul 27, 2006
SoCal
Thanks! Good thing I asked or it could have been nasty :)
Nah, they make them to support multiple devices, but I, and neither do most of us in this forum, know much if anything about the development on the raph. :)

I think I know why battery life is terrible. Has anyone else noticed that when the screen is "off", the backlight is actually still on? Have a look at your TP2 in the dark and you will see it.
Yes, we are aware. That is part of the "power management" that people are wanting. ;)

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
i dont expect gps, bluetooth, or camera to ever work since it doesnt on any other device. but sound, accelerometer, power management, things i expect and hope to see. btw the "cingular", "at&t?", "at&t!" switches happen on my raphael too. i unno why but it doesnt hurt anything.

AdamWill

Jan 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
www.happyassassin.net
jack: Bluetooth has worked on other devices on Android 1.6 in the past. For us it's the same problem as wifi, though - the same bcm4325 chip does both, on the Rhodium.

Some of the kernel guys are looking at GPS, they were poking it last night, from the IRC logs. IT really ought to be possible to get it to work...

and yeah, we should totally do the donation thing. Matt?

D

Deleted member 1154637

AdamWill, Great work on the keymaps.. I'm rocking it on my Tilt2.

Have a request: (can't find the thread/post now) In one of your earlier responses, you indicated that you used the mute key at the back of the Tilt2/Rhodium to go back to the Home screen directly. Can you please do this for your Tilt2 keymap?

I loved being able to use the (front) arrow key as back key, the End key as a power/screen on/off & the Key at the back to go back to home screen.

Edit:
Also, how do I extract and edit the kepmap in rootfs.img file? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsmith8858

Nov 11, 2008
Boston
AdamWill, Great work on the keymaps.. I'm rocking it on my Tilt2.

Have a request: (can't find the thread/post now) In one of your earlier responses, you indicated that you used the mute key at the back of the Tilt2/Rhodium to go back to the Home screen directly. Can you please do this for your Tilt2 keymap?

I loved being able to use the (front) arrow key as back key, the End key as a power/screen on/off & the Key at the back to go back to home screen.

Edit:
Also, how do I extract and edit the rootfs.img file? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

The power key (up top) will take you back HOME.

ianderson_76

Feb 13, 2009

I did see this, looks weird as hell. It just looks like a black screen saver, but the display is still on. Thanks @kwill for the attachment.

woeds

Aug 13, 2008
Leiden
jack: Bluetooth has worked on other devices on Android 1.6 in the past. For us it's the same problem as wifi, though - the same bcm4325 chip does both, on the Rhodium.

Some of the kernel guys are looking at GPS, they were poking it last night, from the IRC logs. IT really ought to be possible to get it to work...

and yeah, we should totally do the donation thing. Matt?

Hi Adam,

Could you maybe shed some light on the powersaving issue? Will that be easy to implement, or is it a tricky job like WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, we've got a new release for you tonight.

No it's not Gingerbread :(

XDAndroid 2.2.1 Build FRX04 is out now.

It includes 3D improvements from [acl], as well as synchronizing the minor changes from the upstream Android froyo branch. System image and OTA package are both available from the above link.

Thanks!
    Folks, I'm pleased to announce our first public testing release of XDAndroid Gingerbread.

This is a work-in-progress build, of course. But it is also already well-refined. Performance is on-par with or improved from Froyo in most cases. Core system applications are mostly stable.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Google Apps will behave badly from time to time (arrrghhh noted blank window issues, for example)
    • GPS is not working (driver needs to be reimplemented) and Location services are generally missing as well
    • Accelerometer support is missing (driver needs to be reimplemented)
    • Bluetooth is not working, even on TI devices (crashes when activating - disabled in this build)
    • Other functionality and stability issues will occur

The system image is available for download immediately at http://files.xdandroid.com/system-gingerbread-testing.ext2.zip. This has been signed with our release keys, which means you might be able to use a froyo data.img with it, but this is in no way supported (it's a testing build after all). If you have issues with previous data images, start fresh and try again before reporting issues.

If you are going to use this build, please report issues via our IRC channel or bug tracker. Thanks!

And go easy on arrrghhh. It's tough answering the same questions over and over! :D
    Another release!

This time it's the Froyo branch. We've got build FRX05 available for download now. This is a minor release with a major new feature. :)

The short list of changes from FRX04 to FRX05...

• Camera support - both photo and video capture (without sound currently) are working. This depends on kernel support, so only Rhodium and Topaz are supported currently. Huge thanks to Jerome Bruneaux (viruscrazy on XDA) for basically doing all the work.
    • Switch build variants from engineering to user-debug for slight speedup.
    There's no OTA update.zip this time. I accidentally got rid of the FRX04 target files, needed to generate the incremental patches.

Thanks for using XDAndroid!
    [12/11] Updated version of FRX03 Package

XDAndroid2.2.1.FRX03.Froyo.121110.zip

Contains:
    • Version 2.2.1 FRX03 system.ext2 (taken from xdandroid.com)
    • Latest RootFS (rootfs-20101115-42b44e2)
    • Updated Kernel to Dec-11 (htc-msm-linux-20101211)

Hi guys. I hope this isn't stepping on any toes with the XDAndroid maintainers but I have put together a rebuild of the FRX03 archive package because it was becoming painful to watch how many people were just installing the old cab version of FRX03 (Froyo 2.2) from Project Android page. :eek:

Even though the setup utility will automatically update the kernel and rootfs, it still doesn't fix the broken system.ext2 that is in that cab (you have to go and get that manually from xdandroid.com). Furthermore I have updated the kernel to the Dec-11 release that (AFAIK) will not be available to the utility until the glemsome autobuild is working again.

I realise that we have just had an unofficial Dec-16 kernel pop up in the 3d driver thread (and I am testing that right now) but since it is only a few hours old I didn't want to put that straight into this package.

Hopefully this will help a few folks getting started with FRX03 :)

EDIT: Oh, I just realised that something I did not change (even though I probably should have) is the default 700MHz overclock that this package already had in its startup.txt (don't blame me, I didn't put it there). If you use the startup utility, make sure you go into "Advanced" settings and consider disabling OC until you have tested without it ;)
    FRX04 packages now. :)

Was going to do it yesterday but my birthday party started very early. LOL

Also manually updated the kernel update tool, you guys should all be seeing a new update for today. :D

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/XDAndroid2.2Froyo.012211.rar

http://reefermattness.scepterr.info/ProjectAndroid2.2Froyo.012311.cab