Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th March 2018, 09:46 PM |#19191  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narshi shukla

Sorry but Xiaomi focuses on Indian and Chinese markets, i m Indian so Xiaomi devices are popular here.
I doubt if these devices will support proper connectivity, only few mi devices supports global bands.

Thank you, I've seen and heard of a few but no new ones for USA Verizon Band 2 and 4, They really do make so great stuff maybe someday they will expand there reach of course then I'll probably have to pay USA Samsung prices

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

27th March 2018, 03:06 AM |#19192  
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish9309

Thank you, I've seen and heard of a few but no new ones for USA Verizon Band 2 and 4, They really do make so great stuff maybe someday they will expand there reach of course then I'll probably have to pay USA Samsung prices

Xiaomi already confirmed they will enter US in next year.
27th March 2018, 03:17 AM |#19193  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by narshi shukla

Xiaomi already confirmed they will enter US in next year.

Did some looking the only one that would work for me is the mix 2 but it's so expensive I might as well buy a note 8

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
28th March 2018, 12:26 AM |#19194  

More
I'm hoping somebody can help me find a phone because I'm having a ton of trouble locating one that matches.

Requirements: SD card slot preferrably (128 GB storage may work), 3.5mm audio jack, preferably work on AT&T bands (12 and 17 primarily,) and I am very interested in MicroG so I need to be able to install some sort of custom ROM that supports signature spoofing like LineageOS or AOSP. I'm not worried about features as long as it has decent performance.
29th March 2018, 07:09 AM |#19195  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
  • Carrier: Unlocked / mts
  • Price: Off, 300e limit
  • Size Preference: No more then 5,2'.
  • What will it be used for: Camera, light usage.
  • Preferred brands: Don't care as long they update.
  • Other: Camera better or in range with Huawei p9

Hello,

I will sell my P9 soon, and i will have around 300e to get a new phone. Now, P9 is 2016 flagship, and in camera range (most important for me, because i don't have other camera equipment) closest phones are S7 and 6S.. also price is around 250e ish. Problem is that both (all 3 to be exact) phones are near or damn near eol. That makes me think should i get one of them and then swtich up in maybe 6 months or pick some decent midrange from 2017/2018 and have future proof. As for iOS vs Android i don't really care. Never used iOS tho, that might be fun..and i ususaly set Android stock and minimal as possible. Only social media i use is Instagram and most of my battery went on either music, or browsing reddit. In camera deparment features are not so needed, also i don't do night photos or videos. So still photos and maybe OIS would be nice.
2nd April 2018, 02:21 PM |#19196  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 740

More
Looking for a TABLET.

I tried using Google without much avail.

Currently when my wife and I travel we use our laptop to binge watch multimedia while sitting on an airplane. We figured for smaller space and longer battery life a tablet may not be a bad idea. I haven't owned a tablet since the NEXUS 7 (2013) and don't know much about them these days.

My quick searches online show tablets with Android 4.4, 5.1, & 6.0. That's crazy!

I'm looking for one that is mod friendly. (e.g. custom ROM for Nougat/Oreo with Magisk/SuperSU support). Most of the models I look for I cross search in Google with XDA and don't find much.

Obviously want a decent screen and decent headphone jack for audio. Likely need an SD card for additional media storage.

Lastly not looking to spend a ton of money on it to the point it would be cost prohibitive (e.g. just go buy a new laptop at that point).

Thanks!
2nd April 2018, 03:54 PM |#19197  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu.

Looking for a TABLET.

I tried using Google without much avail.

Currently when my wife and I travel we use our laptop to binge watch multimedia while sitting on an airplane. We figured for smaller space and longer battery life a tablet may not be a bad idea. I haven't owned a tablet since the NEXUS 7 (2013) and don't know much about them these days.

My quick searches online show tablets with Android 4.4, 5.1, & 6.0. That's crazy!

I'm looking for one that is mod friendly. (e.g. custom ROM for Nougat/Oreo with Magisk/SuperSU support). Most of the models I look for I cross search in Google with XDA and don't find much.

Obviously want a decent screen and decent headphone jack for audio. Likely need an SD card for additional media storage.

Lastly not looking to spend a ton of money on it to the point it would be cost prohibitive (e.g. just go buy a new laptop at that point).

Thanks!

You can have a look at lenovo's tablet range
2nd April 2018, 10:37 PM |#19198  
Flag Kraków
Thanks Meter: 7

More
What sort of money are You looking to spend? I suppose any half decent laptop will set You back no less than 700$, while I'm sure You can get top notch tablet experience for 500$ or less. I'm recently thinking about Huawei mediapad m5, but there are cheaper alternatives, notably by Lenovo as mentioned in the previous reply.
3rd April 2018, 12:32 AM |#19199  
Flag Fort Wellington
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysieq

What sort of money are You looking to spend? I suppose any half decent laptop will set You back no less than 700$, while I'm sure You can get top notch tablet experience for 500$ or less. I'm recently thinking about Huawei mediapad m5, but there are cheaper alternatives, notably by Lenovo as mentioned in the previous reply.

Nvidia Shield is a good buy too.

Sent from my HUAWEI BLN-L24 using XDA Labs
3rd April 2018, 02:06 PM |#19200  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 740

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysieq

Thought about it and then I saw it doesn't have L1 Windvine so no 1080p on YouTube TV (could care less about Netflix but uses same DRM). It only uses L3 so I decided to take a pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirk365

Nvidia Shield is a good buy too.

Sent from my HUAWEI BLN-L24 using XDA Labs

Isn't the hardware kinda dated on the Shield? I bought a Galaxy Tab S3 for now and said screw it to rooting. That's what I have the phone for. We have an upcoming trip and we come back just before the return window ends. Figured it'll be a good chance to test out.
5th April 2018, 09:45 PM |#19201  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,
so I'm thinking about replacing my S3 and my mobile carrier has good deals on these:
Huawei P9, Honor 9, Galaxy A5, Moto X4, Mate 10 lite, Moto Z2 Play, HTC U Play, Xperia XA2 and Huawei P20 lite.
I could get any of these for around 250 euros or less.
I would want all the features S3 has + something more and good custom rom support (Project Treble probably). Which one should I choose?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)