Thanks Meter: 22

By poseidon5213, Member on 26th April 2012, 05:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2019, 10:09 PM |#19671  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 796

Donate to Me
More
Im surprised that i am this late to find this thread, but i am in dire need of help anyway.

Nokia has been really annoying, especially with its lack of bootloader unlock tools, this makes the devices pretty much dry of any custom development progress. Being a life long modder like you and me, and now a Magisk module dev, owning Nokia 6 has been nothing but trouble. This has proven to tip my patience when i cant use Magisk v18 and newer due to whatever the heck they change in the boot image. I am unable to properly test my module as this is my only device. John Wu wasn't particularly fond of Nokia either so pretty much the experience have turned into crap. I also miss flashing custom ROMs, and making things work my way. God I miss LineageOS so much.

Ok cut off the crap, i just need suggestions for just little "requirements".

Could anyone suggest me a device with:
- thriving custom ROM development (preferably stable/beta grade, but don't really care)
- headphone jack is preferable, but if it is absent would be great if dongle provided for free with purchase
- sd card slot, because i like my files on it.
- price range like that of Mi A1
- bootloader is easily unlockable with actual support from the device maker/brand
- no hardware navigation keys, or hardware back key on the left (not right)
- NO NOTCH!

I know Mi A1 seems very fitting. But i need to know if there are worthy alternatives first.

Thank you for anyone who's willing to reply to me!

8th March 2019, 10:49 AM |#19672  
Flag Rahasia
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoSparks

Im surprised that i am this late to find this thread, but i am in dire need of help anyway.

Nokia has been really annoying, especially with its lack of bootloader unlock tools, this makes the devices pretty much dry of any custom development progress. Being a life long modder like you and me, and now a Magisk module dev, owning Nokia 6 has been nothing but trouble. This has proven to tip my patience when i cant use Magisk v18 and newer due to whatever the heck they change in the boot image. I am unable to properly test my module as this is my only device. John Wu wasn't particularly fond of Nokia either so pretty much the experience have turned into crap. I also miss flashing custom ROMs, and making things work my way. God I miss LineageOS so much.

Ok cut off the crap, i just need suggestions for just little "requirements".

Could anyone suggest me a device with:
- thriving custom ROM development (preferably stable/beta grade, but don't really care)
- headphone jack is preferable, but if it is absent would be great if dongle provided for free with purchase
- sd card slot, because i like my files on it.
- price range like that of Mi A1
- bootloader is easily unlockable with actual support from the device maker/brand
- no hardware navigation keys, or hardware back key on the left (not right)

I know Mi A1 seems very fitting. But i need to know if there are worthy alternatives first.

Thank you for anyone who's willing to reply to me!

The xiaomi PocoF1 might fit... has lovely headphone jack... and I love this device much more coming from a Samsung S7 edge. Has ex SD card slot also (a must have for me). Lineage also had some support not sure it still does. https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/beryllium
https://download.lineageos.org/beryllium
Price is great value also.
The Following User Says Thank You to simonbigwave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbigwave Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 01:56 AM |#19673  
Flag Araras
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by augugusto

Hi. I'm lookin for a good price/performance (mid price range) with a good community on XDA. I'm happy with the lenovo vibe k5 (recommended, except for image drift in vr mode and broken vibration) but getting a little old now

Pocophone f1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sekk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sekk Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 06:41 AM |#19674  
Flag Kozhikode
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-spea76

Hi all, what are you thinking about the Xiaomi Mi A2?
Thanks in advance.

If you don't have to worry about the price and want your good camera then definitely go for Mia2 as it is also part of the Android one project. The chipset is also Snapdragon 660. Battery is downside. You can rather add a few bucks and get Poco F1.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrFossil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrFossil Ad-Free
9th March 2019, 11:43 AM |#19675  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFossil

If you don't have to worry about the price and want your good camera then definitely go for Mia2 as it is also part of the Android one project. The chipset is also Snapdragon 660. Battery is downside. You can rather add a few bucks and get Poco F1.

Thank you
10th March 2019, 04:33 AM |#19676  
Flag Selangor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

The xiaomi PocoF1 might fit... has lovely headphone jack... and I love this device much more coming from a Samsung S7 edge. Has ex SD card slot also (a must have for me). Lineage also had some support not sure it still does. https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/beryllium
https://download.lineageos.org/beryllium
Price is great value also.

Oh no, there is a notch. How about another option with no notch?
10th March 2019, 07:49 AM |#19677  
Flag Rahasia
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFossil

agree... I have the PocoF1 since last year and I have had no trouble at all with it. Its excellent value with Snapdragon 845.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Quote:

Oh no, there is a notch. How about another option with no notch?

I don't mind the notch at all.. but if you don't want notch then I would go for the Xiaomi Mix 2s has no notch.
There is LineageOS support... But there's no micro SD card slot available, so it makes it a good idea to grab the 256GB model. must Backup via usb. I was going to get the Xiaomi Mix2s, also has Snapdragon 845, but I ended up getting the PocoF1 because my old habit of using micro SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to simonbigwave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simonbigwave Ad-Free
10th March 2019, 10:05 AM |#19678  
Flag Selangor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

agree... I have the PocoF1 since last year and I have had no trouble at all with it. Its excellent value with Snapdragon 845.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

I don't mind the notch at all.. but if you don't want notch then I would go for the Xiaomi Mix 2s has no notch.
There is LineageOS support... But there's no micro SD card slot available, so it makes it a good idea to grab the 256GB model. must Backup via usb. I was going to get the Xiaomi Mix2s, also has Snapdragon 845, but I ended up getting the PocoF1 because my old habit of using micro SD card.

So many compromises, i am unable to decide. These are great devices for sure i agree, but no notch and SD card slot, is kind of my thing.

But hey, i think i will bear with this crappy Nokia 6 for a moment. I am particularly waiting for a new announcement on the Mi A series. Hopefully the next one isn't a disappointment like A2 is compared to A1!
10th March 2019, 01:15 PM |#19679  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:

So many compromises, i am unable to decide. These are great devices for sure i agree, but no notch and SD card slot, is kind of my thing.

But hey, i think i will bear with this crappy Nokia 6 for a moment. I am particularly waiting for a new announcement on the Mi A series. Hopefully the next one isn't a disappointment like A2 is compared to A1!

Take a look at the LG V30
10th March 2019, 05:46 PM |#19680  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekk

Pocophone f1

Believe it or not, I was looking for something about half the price oi the poco f1. I guess I have a very low middle for the price range

Edit: the phone price is fine. It seems that in Argentina things are like 80% more expensive
10th March 2019, 06:57 PM |#19681  
Flag Selangor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfiniteAndroid

Take a look at the LG V30

Thanks, will do!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)