[Q] [HELP] GT-N8013 - Soft Bricked(ODIN MODE ONLY)

Search This thread

onlysafonne

Sep 11, 2010
GT-N8013
Blue/Gray
16GB Wifi Only Model

I was watching a youtube video, my tablet froze for an hour, died, then I let it charge and it rebooted into the samsung logo. After that it decided to go white screen and goes to a white screen every time it's booted. I've been trying to resolve this on my own with various resources for about a month now.

I can get to ODIN mode no problem, but I can't flash anything. I have recently bought a new OEM Samsung USB cable and tried multiple versions of ODIN on two different machines. Directly connected to the motherboard and not USB 3.0 ports.

I think the solution to my problem may be answered:

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268735

or

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713297

It is hard for me to comprehend the English used in the first link as I think Authors first language is not English. I think what he is saying is that if ODIN is not working then you have to flash the PIT file via adb and a SD card, but I cannot access Recovery, and I don't recall fully how to use ADB in Downloading Mode, if that's possible at all. He also states I may need to downgrade my bootloader version based on the last ROM that I had on my tablet. If someone could educate me on that I'd appreciate it.

The 2nd link says I need the stock firmware for my country(I live in the U.S. of A.) and to nand erase all but I feel like that should be used as a last resort. I did download both N8013UEALI3(4.0.4) & N8013UEUCMI3(4.1.2) from sammobile.com though.

When I try to flash just a Recovery/ROM, with Autoreboot checked, I get the PIT error message below:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_N8013UEALI3_N8013XARALI3_1081475_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Odin v.3 engine (ID:6)..
<ID:0/006> File analysis..
<ID:0/006> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/006> Initialzation..
<ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/006>
<ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

When I try to flash a PIT by its self, with Auto Reboot & Re-partition checked, I get the error message:

<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/007> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/007>
<ID:0/007> Re-Partition operation failed.

When I try to flash a PIT by its self, Re-partition checked, I get the error message:

<ID:0/007> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

When I try to flash a PIT w/ Recovery/ROM, Re-partition Checked and Auto-Reboot checked, I get:

<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_N8013UEALI3_N8013XARALI3_1081475_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/006> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated, I've been without my tablet for a month now. I have any backup, I don't recall the ROM I flashed because it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure the version was Jellybean. I know my recoevry was one of the later CWM TouchScreen Rom recoverys but I can't recall the version. Thanks for any help, please let me know what information I'm lacking or what I can do, thank you all for your time.

Last edited:
Reactions: sircharlieg

onlysafonne

Sep 11, 2010
Update

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to different PIT files for the PIT mapping and they both failed. Getting pretty desperate now. I can't even NAND Erase All, I gave that a shot and it failed:

When I select NAND Erase All, stock rom(4.0.4 or 4.1.2), Pit, & Re-Partition checked, Nand Erase all Checked, I get the following in ODIN 3.07 and 3.09:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Erase...
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I'm starting to think its the ECCM and maybe I need a JTAG repair. Like I said before, I can't get into recovery, I just get a all white screen. When the tablet first died I got the Samsung logo and then it rebooted and went White, I never got the Samsung logo again. Any help please? Even if it's just recommendations for trusted JTAG repair sites, because I don't trust the ones I've found ths far. Or know PIT files that have worked for flashing on the N8013. Anything at all.

onlysafonne

Sep 11, 2010
BUMP

I found this article here: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23562

Exact same problem I am having, I think I'm going to need a JTAG repair. I just posted a request to get some fresh PIT files from multiple android versions. I ill keep posting updates on how this is going, I feel alone in this issue since no one has said anything but I get multiple views...but I see more and more people are starting to post in the help section for this particular brand of tablet in the past 3-5months, it sounds terrible but I'm glad I'm not alone since I feel like im talking to myself here.

Just contacted Mobiletechvideos guys, I hope they are legit. I'm will to pay $50 for a jtag repair if i can have this tablet back.

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
I found this article here: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23562

Exact same problem I am having, I think I'm going to need a JTAG repair. I just posted a request to get some fresh PIT files from multiple android versions. I ill keep posting updates on how this is going, I feel alone in this issue since no one has said anything but I get multiple views...but I see more and more people are starting to post in the help section for this particular brand of tablet in the past 3-5months, it sounds terrible but I'm glad I'm not alone since I feel like im talking to myself here.

Just contacted Mobiletechvideos guys, I hope they are legit. I'm will to pay $50 for a jtag repair if i can have this tablet back.

@onlysafonne what file fails? I see your log above

Last edited:

onlysafonne

Sep 11, 2010

I've tried to use both ODIN & Heimdall. All files are failing for me. I tried stock 4.0.4 & 4.1.2 Roms, 3 different PIT files, I even tried to NAND erase all with a stock rom and ODIN continues to fail for me. I installed a virutal box on multiple machines running XP SP3 since windows 7/8 weren't working for me as well, that failed as well. When I try to flash the PIT files I get the output from ODIN in my OP, nothing is working for me. I'm just thinking I experienced instant death on this tablet for no reason at all. The most success i've had is with Heimdall just being able to reboot the tablet for me and then go back to Downloading mode, but nothing else is responding for me.

I'f I can get some fresh pit files from fully operational devices I will know that I've done everything I can excluding JTAG repair myself. If I can't get some fresh PIT files from multiple android versions, then I might just have to send it to the Mobiletechvideos guys to see if they can repair.

Thanks for the reply and interest in my issue!

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
I've tried to use both ODIN & Heimdall. All files are failing for me. I tried stock 4.0.4 & 4.1.2 Roms, 3 different PIT files, I even tried to NAND erase all with a stock rom and ODIN continues to fail for me. I installed a virutal box on multiple machines running XP SP3 since windows 7/8 weren't working for me as well, that failed as well. When I try to flash the PIT files I get the output from ODIN in my OP, nothing is working for me. I'm just thinking I experienced instant death on this tablet for no reason at all. The most success i've had is with Heimdall just being able to reboot the tablet for me and then go back to Downloading mode, but nothing else is responding for me.

I'f I can get some fresh pit files from fully operational devices I will know that I've done everything I can excluding JTAG repair myself. If I can't get some fresh PIT files from multiple android versions, then I might just have to send it to the Mobiletechvideos guys to see if they can repair.

no I got the pit file from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41158546#post41158546

tell me how to grab it and I will get it from my tablet now for you

onlysafonne

Sep 11, 2010
Heimdall

no I got the pit file from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41158546#post41158546

tell me how to grab it and I will get it from my tablet now for you

To download a copy of your PIT all you have to do is install Heimdall, with zadig driver (Samsung/General Device) , boot your tablet into Download mode, and download a copy of your PIT by going to Heimdall Frontend, clicking utilites, and downloading and saving your PIT to your desktop(or where ever you want) and uploading it for me.

Heimdall can be found here: http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/

After you are down with Heimdall, make sure you uninstall the driver from "Device Manager" in your USB Devices, that way, you can use ODIN again. A;; of this should only take about 5-10mins, as all the files are really small. i really appreciate this.

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
To download a copy of your PIT all you have to do is install Heimdall, with zadig driver (Samsung/General Device) , boot your tablet into Download mode, and download a copy of your PIT by going to Heimdall Frontend, clicking utilites, and downloading and saving your PIT to your desktop(or where ever you want) and uploading it for me.

After you are down with Heimdall, make sure you uninstall the driver from "Device Manager" in your USB Devices, that way, you can use ODIN again. A;; of this should only take about 5-10mins, as all the files are really small. i really appreciate this.
@onlysafonne
ok I did it also a compair to My-N8013.pit that you said did not work, they or identical so that may be bad news for you.

thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1916936

PIT Magic v1.3.10 - Samsung PIT Creator, Editor, Analyzer

Attachments

• 8013-pit.zip
    39 KB · Views: 764
  • pitfileCapture.PNG
    pitfileCapture.PNG
    39.3 KB · Views: 590
  • PIT_Analysis_001.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 141
  • PIT_Analysis_002.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

onlysafonne

Sep 11, 2010
@onlysafonne
ok I did it also a compair to My-N8013.pit that you said did not work, they or identical so that may be bad news for you.

thread

Thank you for this post, that helps me alot, it appears it is beyond recovery via ODIN at this point. Thank you for taking the time to compare your PIT to the previous one. I will wait for Mobiletech to contact me back and post an update from there.

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Thank you for this post, that helps me alot, it appears it is beyond recovery via ODIN at this point. Thank you for taking the time to compare your PIT to the previous one. I will wait for Mobiletech to contact me back and post an update from there.

if you not under warenty I would maybe buy a used one on ebay that might just have a cracked screen, you might even find a 32GB one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-10-1-32-GB-Wi-Fi-GT-N8013-/361155880699?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item54169166fb

mscott161

Jan 6, 2011

onlysafonne, I have the same problem. I can use Odin and get to CWM but nothing I flash will get me past the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 image I cannot even get it to shut off. It will go black then power right back up.

I have flashed with Nand Erase All checked only
KIES_HOME_N8013UEUCMI3_N8013XARCMI3_813049_REV00_u ser_low_ship.tar

Any ideas? I have not heard of JTAG

Flying_Phil

Oct 13, 2013
Stuttgart
I have a N8010 and I'm also in this kind of bootloop.

Nothing works.

I had OmniRom 4.4.4 installed and the newest TWRP.
I only can get into Download Mode.
When I try to get into Recovery the blue TWRP Screen pops up for a second and then it's going back to "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" Logo.

I even tried to disassemble the battery. But this didn't work either.

Any ideas what I can do? If not, I'll have to take it to repair. Got some warranty left, but I rather fix it myself.

Thanks

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
I have a N8010 and I'm also in this kind of bootloop.

Nothing works.

I had OmniRom 4.4.4 installed and the newest TWRP.
I only can get into Download Mode.
When I try to get into Recovery the blue TWRP Screen pops up for a second and then it's going back to "Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" Logo.

I even tried to disassemble the battery. But this didn't work either.

Any ideas what I can do? If not, I'll have to take it to repair. Got some warranty left, but I rather fix it myself.

Thanks

have you tryed to odin install your firmware? usally the bootloop is caused because you need to do a factory reset to get rid of (in your case OmniRom 4.4.4) your firmware as I see is http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/confirm/31427/N8010XXUDNE4_N8010BTUDNF1_BTU.zip/

Reactions: Flying_Phil

Flying_Phil

Oct 13, 2013
Stuttgart
Yes, I did try that. Is still in bootloop afterwards. I also tried to flash stock recovery or cwm recovery. But there is still twrp.

I can't open your link :-/

Last edited:
Reactions: carl1961

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
Yes, I did try that. Is still in bootloop afterwards. I also tried to flash stock recovery or can recovery. But there is still twrp.

I can't open your link :-/

try this N8010 recovery with the included 3.07 odin put in PDA slot and do no check re-partiton look at picture

attachment.php

@Flying_Phil
yes samfirmware is picky go here and search your N8010 you most likly need to signup (it's free) and as you see most odin updates or "home" which means it does not do a factory reset which is ok if your updating a stock unrooted rom so you need to do a factory reset when coming from a custom rom.

Attachments

• PDA_N8010XXUDNK1_N8010NZCDNK1_Recovery.tar.zip
    7 MB · Views: 271
  • recoveryCapture.PNG
    recoveryCapture.PNG
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,159
Last edited:
Reactions: Flying_Phil

Flying_Phil

Oct 13, 2013
Stuttgart
well I tried to flash your attached file. Odin said "Pass!" but my Tablet still does the bootloop.

Like I said, I tried to flash several firmwares. All with this same result. First I tried the German version, then the Austrian and the Australian.

Now yours was the version for new zealand.

I have no clue, why this doesn't work.

Here is the log from Odin and I attached a screenshot.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PDA_N8010XXUDNK1_N8010NZCDNK1_Recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 103

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
well I tried to flash your attached file. Odin said "Pass!" but my Tablet still does the bootloop.

Like I said, I tried to flash several firmwares. All with this same result. First I tried the German version, then the Austrian and the Australian.

Now yours was the version for new zealand.

I have no clue, why this doesn't work.

Here is the log from Odin and I attached a screenshot.

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PDA_N8010XXUDNK1_N8010NZCDNK1_Recovery.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/003> RES OK !!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)

ok so did you try and reboot to stock recovery and do a factory reset

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
sorry, I forgot to tell about it.

Yes I tried to go into Recovery, but there ist still TWRP on it and it still crashes after a second.

I even tried the flash without checking "Auto reboot", so I could boot directly into recovery, but it worked neither.

ok lets backtrack

what is your tablets stock info? and or you 16 GB or 32 GB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GT-N8013
    Blue/Gray
    16GB Wifi Only Model

I was watching a youtube video, my tablet froze for an hour, died, then I let it charge and it rebooted into the samsung logo. After that it decided to go white screen and goes to a white screen every time it's booted. I've been trying to resolve this on my own with various resources for about a month now.

I can get to ODIN mode no problem, but I can't flash anything. I have recently bought a new OEM Samsung USB cable and tried multiple versions of ODIN on two different machines. Directly connected to the motherboard and not USB 3.0 ports.

I think the solution to my problem may be answered:

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2268735

or

Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713297

It is hard for me to comprehend the English used in the first link as I think Authors first language is not English. I think what he is saying is that if ODIN is not working then you have to flash the PIT file via adb and a SD card, but I cannot access Recovery, and I don't recall fully how to use ADB in Downloading Mode, if that's possible at all. He also states I may need to downgrade my bootloader version based on the last ROM that I had on my tablet. If someone could educate me on that I'd appreciate it.

The 2nd link says I need the stock firmware for my country(I live in the U.S. of A.) and to nand erase all but I feel like that should be used as a last resort. I did download both N8013UEALI3(4.0.4) & N8013UEUCMI3(4.1.2) from sammobile.com though.

When I try to flash just a Recovery/ROM, with Autoreboot checked, I get the PIT error message below:

<ID:0/006> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/006> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/006> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/006>
    <ID:0/006> There is no PIT partition.

When I try to flash a PIT by its self, with Auto Reboot & Re-partition checked, I get the error message:

<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/007> Set PIT file..
    <ID:0/007> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
    <ID:0/007>
    <ID:0/007> Re-Partition operation failed.

When I try to flash a PIT by its self, Re-partition checked, I get the error message:

<ID:0/007> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

When I try to flash a PIT w/ Recovery/ROM, Re-partition Checked and Auto-Reboot checked, I get:

<OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/006> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated, I've been without my tablet for a month now. I have any backup, I don't recall the ROM I flashed because it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure the version was Jellybean. I know my recoevry was one of the later CWM TouchScreen Rom recoverys but I can't recall the version. Thanks for any help, please let me know what information I'm lacking or what I can do, thank you all for your time.
    Update

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to different PIT files for the PIT mapping and they both failed. Getting pretty desperate now. I can't even NAND Erase All, I gave that a shot and it failed:

When I select NAND Erase All, stock rom(4.0.4 or 4.1.2), Pit, & Re-Partition checked, Nand Erase all Checked, I get the following in ODIN 3.07 and 3.09:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/003> Erase...
    <ID:0/003>
    <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I'm starting to think its the ECCM and maybe I need a JTAG repair. Like I said before, I can't get into recovery, I just get a all white screen. When the tablet first died I got the Samsung logo and then it rebooted and went White, I never got the Samsung logo again. Any help please? Even if it's just recommendations for trusted JTAG repair sites, because I don't trust the ones I've found ths far. Or know PIT files that have worked for flashing on the N8013. Anything at all.
    BUMP

@onlysafonne

thread