External Battery Charger (High Capacity) - Info Needed!

Search This thread

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
Hey one and all,

Now I know there are already a few threads with some external battery chargers but a few are quite outdated and it's quite a pain looking through them all so I've been a little lazy and started this new thread.

Basically im currently using the ZeroLemon 7500 extended battery, which with my heavy usage lasts 2 days which is fine by me. I am now starting to get bored with my mini brick and would like to downsize to a 3000mAh battery so as to be able to use stock sized cases, but invest in a high capacity external battery charger. Something in the range of 12000mAh or thereabouts.

Ive searched amazon and google and seen countless brands and sizes and some with extra functions like wifi file transfer / wifi hotspot / sdcard reader etc. My main interest is for the charging, optional extras are just a bonus. Ive had my fair share of fakes from china / hong kong which although super cheap do tend to lack staying power.

I want something that will keep its charge, that has a high capacity to enable me to charge a 3000mAh battery 3-4 or more times and that i can charge fully overnight between 12-16 hours.

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated, I dont want speculation on products that are out there as i have searched loads and read reviews on what i can. I would just like to hear from people who have similar wants and needs to myself that have used certain products and can give any recommendations.

Muchos Gracias in advance :) :good:

jomarx

Aug 6, 2010
Earth
There are no higher capacity stock sized batteries, its usually fake or over rated. If it exists, Samsung should have produced it already. Better get a power bank to extend your usage.

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
There are no higher capacity stock sized batteries, its usually fake or over rated. If it exists, Samsung should have produced it already. Better get a power bank to extend your usage.

Appreciate the input mate .... But ... Thread title ... External battery charger .... :) plus I'd already stated I'm using g a 7500 zerolemon extended battery already. Cheers.

finnmacool

May 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't worry about price per se. I have this and I charges my S4 three times to full. Apparently uses Samsung batteries.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tomorio

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
Don't worry about price per se. I have this and I charges my S4 three times to full. Apparently uses Samsung batteries.

That's pretty good. Only need it to give a few charges anyway. Does it hold charge properly too? So say if you didn't use it for a week and then used it to charge your phone, does it still have the same charge left on it? :)

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
Appreciate the input mate .... But ... Thread title ... External battery charger .... :) plus I'd already stated I'm using g a 7500 zerolemon extended battery already. Cheers.

You mistitled the thread. It's external battery pack, power pack, etc. Not charger. Battery packs do charge the phone but "external battery charger" mostly refers to those wall-chargers on which you put the battery to charge directly out of the phone.

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
You mistitled the thread. It's external battery pack, power pack, etc. Not charger. Battery packs do charge the phone but "external battery charger" mostly refers to those wall-chargers on which you put the battery to charge directly out of the phone.

Again ... I appreciate your input and willingness to make a point however if you had read what the guy put, regardless of my thread title, he was talking about extended stock size batteries, whereas the title is still pretty accurate for what I want .... An "external" pack to "charge" the "battery". And secondly the title I feel is pretty relevant, but even if it wasn't all you need to do is read my post to understand exactly what i wanted.

Please don't feel the need to take time out of your day to say I did something wrong when in fact you have done exactly the same as the first guy and countless other people by just not reading.

Thank you.

P.s. external battery charger as a description does not restrict itself to just wall chargers at all. External could be referring to a battery charger that can be taken outside its usual confines of somewhere like a house or building and used externally / outside where there is no access to a socket.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
Again ... I appreciate your input and willingness to make a point however if you had read what the guy put, regardless of my thread title, he was talking about extended stock size batteries, whereas the title is still pretty accurate for what I want .... An "external" pack to "charge" the "battery". And secondly the title I feel is pretty relevant, but even if it wasn't all you need to do is read my post to understand exactly what i wanted.

Please don't feel the need to take time out of your day to say I did something wrong when in fact you have done exactly the same as the first guy and countless other people by just not reading.

Thank you.

P.s. external battery charger as a description does not restrict itself to just wall chargers at all. External could be referring to a battery charger that can be taken outside its usual confines of somewhere like a house or building and used externally / outside where there is no access to a socket.

Thanks again.

lol.. all chargers are external. nuff said.

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
lol.. all chargers are external. nuff said.

God loves a tryer.

Perhaps try reading dude :) it'll give you an advantage over ignorance.

Lol nuff said indeed.

Anyway back on topic (don't post in a thread unless you have something useful to say :))... I've ordered one and it should be arriving on Monday so I will let you know how it goes :)

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
I have a 10000 mAh EasyAcc. Purchased from Amazon, 28 euros.
It is quite slim (similar size as S4, double the thickness) and not very heavy.
I have already used it a couple of times and I am very happy with it. I can charge 2 phones at once, and the charging seems similar like from a normal power cord (got from 10 to 50 in about 30mins).

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
I have a 10000 mAh EasyAcc. Purchased from Amazon, 28 euros.
It is quite slim (similar size as S4, double the thickness) and not very heavy.
I have already used it a couple of times and I am very happy with it. I can charge 2 phones at once, and the charging seems similar like from a normal power cord (got from 10 to 50 in about 30mins).

That's cool. How many time could you charge your s4 with it?

tomorio

Dec 27, 2013
Four times.
But I am usually using in different combinations... so hard to say. But then I did the test it charged the S4 four times.

Cool that's plenty. Its just gonna be something I keep in my car as I'm out and about a lot so on my way to work or back I can give it a boost up. Cheers dude.

Andy0625

Dec 9, 2012
Cool that's plenty. Its just gonna be something I keep in my car as I'm out and about a lot so on my way to work or back I can give it a boost up. Cheers dude.
To be honest, power bank is pretty handy at times but please note that it takes time to charge your phone thus you need to carry your phone with the powerbank on the move which will be even heavier than your zerolemon battery alone. :good:

VaderSS

Nov 10, 2011
Fairfield, CA
I've been using the PowerGen 9000mAh since August last year. It is a good size to carry in your pocket.

It has dual USB outputs plus an attached Micro USB cable that shares the 2 amp output. I like the dual output because I can charge it fast with a 2 amp port that will charge my phone a good 60% in an hour or so, or leave it on the .6 amp port over night and only have the battery pack drop 25%, or charge 2 or even 3 devices at the same time. I really like that it has an attached cable.

I can get a good 3 full charges of my S4 from it.

I mainly use it when traveling. If I am not going to be using it for a while, I discharge it to about 50% and it will stay there for months at a time. This is good practice for any LiPo battery not being used. They basically last forever at that charge level.

I also carry a spare OEM battery with me all the time, which is why I don't carry the battery pack often.

Last edited:

jomarx

Aug 6, 2010
Earth

Ah, sorry about that. I was thinking about the internal battery.

Anyways, I'm using a Yoobao 7800MAh Power Bank. Its quite well known in the Asia region (like in the PH), can charge my S4 2-3 times, and quite handy (not that heavy).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.