[APP] 3G Toggler by Gnufabio and Roach2010

Search This thread

gnufabio

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2010
Milan

Here is a small app from me and Roach2010 which allow you to enable the 3G settings menu after that you flash a rom or the 3g enabler from the CWM.

Read carefully:
This app need root permissions and overwrites the bootloader, so it may cause some problems. If you get a problem, just use nvlash.

Credits:
  • Me for programming this app
  • Roach2010 for his bright idea and for having provided the modded bootloaders

If you have any issue, please report it. Thanks :p

Attachments

• 3GToggler.apk
    899.5 KB · Views: 15,110

w04g005

Oct 18, 2006
Munich
Hey guys,
thanks for this great app. it is working without any problems on revolver 3.0.
greetings
Matthias

(this was written with 3g Dongle :) )

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
How can I save my APN settings (VIVO) into Access Point Names? Already google it a lot and didn't find any helpful result.

Just filled all the required settings and there isn't any SAVE button, or something like this.

if I press < it just come back to the APN list and it appears empty.

I'm using revolver 3.0 with revolver parts. Downloaded and Instaled 3gPlugin and then 3gtoggler, so finally I got Mobile Networks menu under Wireless & Networks

My 3g dongle is a HUAWEI E173

Last edited:

deltatyger

Nov 22, 2010
Collaboration at it finest, keep up the great work guys! My wife's transformer wouldn't be as smooth as it is right now without the bright developers like you two.

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010

great work, great thing....finally got the opportunity to use 3g dongle. Never tried the other solutions over flashing special roms....this is a lot easier.

As mentioned above, i have now the same issue, not being able to save apn-settings.
How could i do this?
Or is there an opportunity to preload apn-settings?

so, at the moment i can't create any connection...can someone help me with this?
People who have a working 3g-connection - how did you get your apn-settings saved?

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

michadreyer

Jun 7, 2011
Hannover
great work, great thing....finally got the opportunity to use 3g dongle. Never tried the other solutions over flashing special roms....this is a lot easier.

As mentioned above, i have now the same issue, not being able to save apn-settings.
How could i do this?
Or is there an opportunity to preload apn-settings?

so, at the moment i can't create any connection...can someone help me with this?
People who have a working 3g-connection - how did you get your apn-settings saved?

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk

in Englisch: Try to flash the Attachment too. It´s from Gnufabios Revolverparts.

in German: Zusätzlich den Anhang flashen. Mal rebooten oder mal Netzwerk suchen lassen. Immer wieder APN eingeben, speichert sich von selbst.

Attachments

• Revolver_3gPlugin.zip
    350.1 KB · Views: 591

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010
no chance.

flashed plugin (again), typed in apn settings about 10 times - nothing saved, no connection

htc-hd2

Oct 29, 2009
Almere
Reactions: bswpt

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
Did you "turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle" as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15284906&postcount=1

When I plugin my dongle it takes some time to get the APN to showup (I even need to remove and plugin the dongle sometimes)

On the market you can also find APN tools to set the APN manualy.

hey htc-hd2, I'm with the same problem as bswpt and right now I'll give a try with "turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle" maybe it works.

My HUAWEI E173 is blinking blue so it means that the dongle is attempting to register onto a 3G network.

I'm under Revolver 3.0, then installed the Revolver_3gPlugin.zip, installed 3gToggler, now I can see 'Mobile Network Settings', but still can't save any apn on the apn list.

Already tried to add an apn by too many apn apps from the market (apn manager, apn brasil, apn on-off, etc) without success.

I'll update with my results, maybe it helps anybody in the future.

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010
Did you "turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle" as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15284906&postcount=1
tried the instructions, got everything working and putty gives out this:

ati
Manufacturer: huawei
Model: E1823
Revision: 11.825.03.10.55
IMEI: xxxxxx(deleted the number here...)
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

OK
at^u2diag=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
AT^U2DIAG=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

tried the the command in big and small letters - you can see the result.

Now, plugging the Dongle into Transformer, i noticed for half a second, that the device found an external memory....(this is allways shown for the microsd...., but never poped up like when i plug in the Dongle).

So i assume, that my transformer doesnt recognize the dongle as a modem....

Just to make it complete: i also installed the install-tf101.bat from the link above....

So: still the same result - can't get a connection, can't save apn settings.

Now i'll try apps from market to set apn manually....but i think it's useless, because until my transformer recognizes the dongle as a modem - am i right?

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
it doesn't work for me

I just did "turn off the composite device of the 3G dongle" tutorial and still can't connect by 3g dongle.

1 - found the COM port (COM15)
2 - started putty and connected with the port COM15
3 - did ATI command and got some information about the dongle
4 - wrote AT^U2DIAG=0 and got OK message (see that while you write the command it doesn't appear on the console, screen still black with a green square)
5 - close putty and go to TF.

Just power up the TF, wait for whole process being started, then connected the 3g dongle. It still to blink in blue every 3 seconds.

When the LED displays blue and is blinking once every three seconds, this means that the dongle is attempting to register onto a 3G network.

By the way, I can't save any APN into APN List and actually can't connect to 3G network. :(

Any suggestions?!?

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

tried the instructions, got everything working and putty gives out this:

ati
Model: E1823
Revision: 11.825.03.10.55
IMEI: xxxxxx(deleted the number here...)

OK
at^u2diag=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
AT^U2DIAG=0
COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

tried the the command in big and small letters - you can see the result.

Did you type space bar after insert ^ symbol ??? If not the command appears to be ATÛ2DIAG=0 instead of AT^U2DIAG=0

It's a little hard because you can't see the command while you're typing, right?!

Last edited:

bswpt

Feb 23, 2010
hmmm, i can see what i'm writing within putty (copy and paste from putty what you see above) . Well, why ^ should be on top of U? anyway, I'll give it a try.

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
hmmm, i can see what i'm writing within putty (copy and paste from putty what you see above) . Well, why ^ should be on top of U? anyway, I'll give it a try.

sure! I can see the results too, I mean, only the command during type that I can't see using PuTTy.

go ahead and post your result here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here is a small app from me and Roach2010 which allow you to enable the 3G settings menu after that you flash a rom or the 3g enabler from the CWM.

Read carefully:
    This app need root permissions and overwrites the bootloader, so it may cause some problems. If you get a problem, just use nvlash.

Credits:
    • Me for programming this app
    • Roach2010 for his bright idea and for having provided the modded bootloaders

Please note that this will not disable the 3g options for Prime 1.9 (3g version) since I had hardcoded some changes into the ROM files but this will work with every other ROM.
    no chance.

flashed plugin (again), typed in apn settings about 10 times - nothing saved, no connection

When I plugin my dongle it takes some time to get the APN to showup (I even need to remove and plugin the dongle sometimes)

On the market you can also find APN tools to set the APN manualy.

at^u2diag=0
    COMMAND NOT SUPPORT
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    COMMAND NOT SUPPORT

there have to be "OK"

Perhaps try with other PC or Laptop. Is the Dongle branded or locked?
    Or are you able to put an other Firmware on it?
    @bswpt

I don't know why, but when I tried PuTTy again, I can see normally the letters I'm typing... too strange!!! :confused:

by the way, here is my log:

ati
    Model: E173
    Revision: 21.015.01.03.***
    IMEI: 3520980********

OK
    AT^U2DIAG=0
    OK

did u get 3G connection already?!?