[UNOFFICIAL] [ROM] CodeAuroraICS (Android 4.0.4 - .35 kernel - CAF-based)

Search This thread

Bytecode

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Thank you for the advice :) but maybe I didn't explain myself good:

What folders are needed for making caf ics build and boot? Oh man :\ at least I'm getting some progresses in OMFGB (almost)

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Hmmm.know the cause of framework base incompatibility: I got GB branch instead of master branch :D let's see now.

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
Germany, Munich (Deutschland, München)
Hmmm.know the cause of framework base incompatibility: I got GB branch instead of master branch :D let's see now.

hehe, why you not use the repo tool?

1) repo init -u http://....... -b ics
2) edit manifest.xml to remove unwanted ****
3) repo sync

using the "-b [Branch_Name]" allows you to select a special branch instead of all.

than you have all needed files and less problems to configure all things;)

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
btw:

if you can wait until my holiday i can try again to accelerate the graphic through the CPU
in hwcomposer - than users have at least a some faster UI (but without 3D effects/rendering), its better than complete without accel:)
_Arjen_ can use the hwcomper too in his CM9 build, its the same technical ****.
its because i'm trying currently to use the hwcomposer for phoenix, i asked franco
he meant the same as me: accelerate the UI through pmem (2D accel) can be very useful ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arjen

mDroidd

Aug 27, 2011
mappz-development.com
Too bad you can't thank 10 times :)

Greets

Phone: LG-P500
ROM: Ciaox' openOptimus
Kernel: franco .35
Theme: HoneySandwich (by me)
Tweaks: Turbocharged and Supercharged!
Wishlist: Galaxy Nexus :)

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Ok,now comparing andy's code with CAF - hard work I know,but I finally understood that replacing whole folder or merging stuff without comparing == bad idea.

Current stuff I compared:
Build
Bionic
Dalvik

P.S: CAF did a great job,now all ARMv6 missing stuff is here :D

Reactions: Jaani

aayushARM

Apr 24, 2011
Ahmedabad
Greets from me!! :) Keep going with your work..........Good to see DEVs working for dev of O1............;)

Sent from my LG Optimus One P500 using XDA App

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
Wow,I'm getting mad here. Andy "committed" lots of stuffs,just finished fixing hardware_msm7k and hardware_qcom. Only framework base left :)

Have to study now :mad:

Anyway LOL,I fixed a lot of stuff in copybit and gralloc,then saw a commit from andy: Import the whole tree from CAF,so I struggled only for replacing my work later?!? :D :D

Stuff left to fix:
  • Frameworks base
  • Dalvik VM
Stuff I did;
  • Build (actually CAF did by moving ARMv6k-VFP stuff here)
  • Bionic (libc etc.)
  • MSM7K Hardware (Android.mk) libcopybit remove,CAF code helped here too)
  • QCOM Hardware (import libgralloc/libcopybit from CAF: Remove libgenlock)

SOo finally I found my way. If it doesn't build,I'll probably... you tell me :)

Last edited:

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
Wow,I'm getting mad here. Andy "committed" lots of stuffs,just finished fixing hardware_msm7k and hardware_qcom. Only framework base left :)

Have to study now :mad:

Anyway LOL,I fixed a lot of stuff in copybit and gralloc,then saw a commit from andy: Import the whole tree from CAF,so I struggled only for replacing my work later?!? :D :D

Stuff left to fix:
  • Frameworks base
  • Dalvik VM
Stuff I did;
  • Build (actually CAF did by moving ARMv6k-VFP stuff here)
  • Bionic (libc etc.)
  • MSM7K Hardware (Android.mk) libcopybit remove,CAF code helped here too)
  • QCOM Hardware (import libgralloc/libcopybit from CAF: Remove libgenlock)

SOo finally I found my way. If it doesn't build,I'll probably... you tell me :)

i'm not finished fixing hardware drivers - as i sayed: we need a new hwcomposer
thats supports compositing between cpu and mdp because we cant accelerate the HW through the gpu ;)
my commits was only the begin of the work - i think nothing of the commits in the msm7k folder can work^^

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
For moving a little faster,what do you think if I merge your dalvik code with CAF without comparing stuffs etc.?

Bytecode

Dec 30, 2010
/dev/null
No, you can replace dalvikvm directory :D

Actually I replaced the whole dalvik folder :p

BTW,there's one problem bothering me since CM6 which I'm able to solve but probably not in the right way:

Code:
build/core/base_rules.mk:166: *** hardware/msm7k/libaudio: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libaudiopolicy already defined by device/lge/thunderg/libaudio.  Stop.

Same happens with liblights. For solving it should I delete MSM7K lib or proprietary lib? Or what else?

Will code framework tomorrow,can't tonight :( will have to check lots of your commits andy :))

andy572

Sep 4, 2010
add a switch in boardconfig:

Code:
TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO := true

in the msm7k audio folder add to Android.mk as first line
Code:
ifneq ($(TARGET_PROVIDES_LIBAUDIO),true)
..... a lot of defines
##### and this at last
endif

do the same with your liblights, you can use all variable names, even "asshole" :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello there,while working on OMFGB and CM6,I decided to take ICS CAF sources and build them since andy is working at AOSP,arjen is working at CM9 and now I'm working at CAF. I opened this since I can handle various projects at a time,infact I'm developing for other stuff also.

Current status: Fixing build errors :)
    Ok so,I just wanted to let you know that I'm back here syncing CAF's 4.0.4!!! :) :) You guys got another dev working on ICS now ;)

P.S: Will finish omgb at the same time I'm starting to work on CAF,then put on hold other projects because this is important as hell.
    News for you guys:

Lupohirp and me working at here now,he's trying to port 3.0 kernel,I'm trying to port CAF's .38.

Still none built it succesfully :p
    @Bytecode, maybe this small info can be helpful:

you need to change a lot of configs in CAF to build - its like the AOSP configs.
    the most pro on this project is, its made for MSM devices, possible you can get more
    things to function (if things are fixed by CAF) as in CM9 or AOSP ... good luck ;)
    For O1?
    What do they bring?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

in hope for better compatibility with ICS some things are needed, as example a
    newer kernel which supports the new OpenGL things, done in KGSL drivers in kernel,
    and its needed for some improvements in filesystems.