[Videos] Bionic JB update, root, recovery,and kitkat rom

Search This thread

lukkypuggy

Aug 10, 2012
Sandy, OR
Re: Droid Bionic root videos and more.

Do you have anything for a 1-click root script by any chance?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

John Charlie

Jan 28, 2013
I heard the jelly bean update is near. Will I be able to accept the ota update (or any ota update) if I'm rooted, but with everything stock. I have stock recovery and stock system.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

John Charlie

Jan 28, 2013
Official jelly bean update has been officially announced and will start rolling out on April 15th ... yay! :D

John Charlie

Jan 28, 2013
Yes, as long as you are sure nothing in the system partition was modified by your apps requiring root.

-- Signature expired.

Can you give me any examples of any apps that might do this... I have used titanium backup, root explorer (didn't take out any system apps, but I have added stuff to system app then deleted when I'm done using it like launchers), rom manager (just to fix permissions), battery calibration, and busybox (I just opened the app and didn't know how to use it so I uninstalled it lol). When I opened busybox, it said I had busybox installed ( I don't know what that is). Will these things affect my phone being able to update?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

O and I also installed roms using safe strap 3.11 on rom slots(never on stock rom). I deleted all roms and rom slots and uninstalled safe strap. Does this affect the system partition?

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
Sounds like you'd most likely have to fxz back to stock. Just try the OTA when it hits. Who knows.

-- Signature expired.

Tomsgt

Can you give me any examples of any apps that might do this... I have used titanium backup, root explorer (didn't take out any system apps, but I have added stuff to system app then deleted when I'm done using it like launchers), rom manager (just to fix permissions), battery calibration, and busybox (I just opened the app and didn't know how to use it so I uninstalled it lol). When I opened busybox, it said I had busybox installed ( I don't know what that is). Will these things affect my phone being able to update?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

O and I also installed roms using safe strap 3.11 on rom slots(never on stock rom). I deleted all roms and rom slots and uninstalled safe strap. Does this affect the system partition?

if you used safe strap then you preinstall folder has been changed and you will have to AP fastboot the device back to stock ics to be able to install Jelly Bean ota. Dont worry about it I will have videos on all of this within a couple days of the release.

Reactions: John Charlie

Top Liked Posts