Froyo for Vogue/Kaiser/Polaris [2010-07-06]

Search This thread

sancho1234

Sep 23, 2007
Budapest
blog.sancho.hu
It does not work the getting location function with mobile networks. The GPS is okay, but the GSM cell determination is not working. My operator (T-Mobile HU) is support it.

Any idea?

cutthr0at

Aug 18, 2009
On my devices are replaced with some function keys.

Examples:
- I pressed the "Fn+W", I see the "@", but the sign on the button the is "!".
- I pressed the "Fn+Q", I see the "!", but the sign on the button is the "@".

How can I set the fine keyboard layout to HTC Kaiser (TyTN II) over Froyo 2.2?

use any hex editor, edit kaisimg.nbh and change keyboard type at offset 13B6

board-kaiser-keypad.atttilt=1 to 0

Last edited:

bigmouth

Apr 5, 2008
Froyo and Tethering

A general question regarding Froyo. Before Froyo was out there was a lot of talk about built in feature for Wifi Tethering - among JIT most anticipated feature I'd say. If I recall correctly this feature was also demonstrated by Google at Froyo initial presentation.

But it seems that out builds lack this feature?

Bump. Only thing holding me back from flashing my Tilt to NAND is this and networkless driving directions (wonder how google navigation will mature)

garringm

Aug 29, 2008
Leesburg
There is another thread on this board that guy has wifi tethering working go check it out. He is supposed to be coming out with an update.tar for other builds

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

ALIEN_

Jun 17, 2009
I've managed to get wifi working I just kept reinstalling and it worked on about the 3rd install.

Anyone get HTC Sync to work? If so what version? I've tried latest version but no luck.

Bayton

Jul 10, 2009
Faringdon
Camera force quit

Hi there,

Is it possible, somehow, to get the default camera working without the constant force quit?

I didn't see this as something which wasn't working, otherwise I would have stuck with Donut!

Any help appreciated!!

Bayton

Jul 10, 2009
Faringdon
It does not work the getting location function with mobile networks. The GPS is okay, but the GSM cell determination is not working. My operator (T-Mobile HU) is support it.

Any idea?

+1 on this also, it works fine on Myn's Warm Donut build, it should work better on Froyo, not worse!

Camera is also important, help please!

Finally, how do I remove the gallery app that's preinstalled and reinstall a normal one, I don't want fancy 3d stuff, just something that displays my photos as the gallery app in donut did.

Last edited:

ggoogle

Apr 22, 2010
Somebody help me with the Terminal in kaiser

When I use the up keypad to load previous command at the Terminal, it always show ^[[A... I have tried some version of BetterTerminal, but no luck.
I remember when I used Donut build, this function was ok.:(

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
+1 on this also, it works fine on Myn's Warm Donut build, it should work better on Froyo, not worse!

Camera is also important, help please!

Finally, how do I remove the gallery app that's preinstalled and reinstall a normal one, I don't want fancy 3d stuff, just something that displays my photos as the gallery app in donut did.

To remove a preinstalled app from a build you will probably have to remove it from the androidinstall.tar itself, and then reinstall.

(hint: 7zip allows you to add and delete files within a tar file)

zenity

Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
You could open terminal,

type the following commands:

su

rwsystem

cd /system/app ( may be /data/app don't have a donut installer handy to check )

ls *.apk

rm xxxxxxxx.apk ( not certain which apk it is ).

rwsystem

exit

exit

This should remove the required apk file, you may have to do a fix permissions, and clear dalvik cache from install menu, just to be safe :)

n2rjt

When I use the up keypad to load previous command at the Terminal, it always show ^[[A... I have tried some version of BetterTerminal, but no luck.
I remember when I used Donut build, this function was ok.:(

Not a function of the terminal emulator as much as of the shell.
The default shell doesn't have line editing, but bash does.
type "bash" as the first command, or change the default shell.
I don't know my way around android yet, so can't tell you where or how to do that.

ggoogle

Apr 22, 2010
Not a function of the terminal emulator as much as of the shell.
The default shell doesn't have line editing, but bash does.
type "bash" as the first command, or change the default shell.
I don't know my way around android yet, so can't tell you where or how to do that.

Yes, typing bash works! Thank you. :)I will look for how to change default shell.

Jul 18, 2008
To gain an extra 11Mb of RAM on Kaiser or Polaris, get the kernels I've posted here...

About this part, after hexing that file for kaiser, I also found it sends parameter for kernel for battery size and that could cause wrong readings. This particular kernel sends 2700 by default for board-kaiser-battery.battery_capacity:

Code:
static int battery_capacity = KAISER_BATTERY_RATING;
module_param(battery_capacity, int, 0644);
MODULE_PARM_DESC(battery_capacity, "Estimated battery capacity in mAh");

and how it uses that parameter in code:

Code:
i2c_write(DS2746_CURRENT_ACCUM_MSB, 1L*battery_capacity*KAISER_RSNS*((5*b->batt_vol)/3-5000)/62500);

So i assume also hexediting that into your battery rating should make battery bar show right values. Atleast mine died when i saw first time "15% left, please connect charger" and next thing i saw was boot and dying there. Now corrected 1350 instead of 2700. I'll post results if it helped for my problem... Seems kallt_kaffe is using bigger battery :)

Learned today: module parameter. Thanks for ali1234 @ #htc-linux

Now /sys/module/board_kaiser_battery/parameters/battery_capacity shows 1350.

-Ondalf

Last edited:

xmercury

Jul 2, 2007
Sleep of Death

So ever since switching to Froyo I've been getting the Sleep of Death.

I'm installed on NAND, both system and data. I've tried all the latest kernels (both panel 2 & 3) and several 1.71.xx and 1.65.xx radios, yet it still happens. It happens at random times, sometimes I can go for hours without it happening and others it happens within minutes. Sometimes the screen goes white when I hit the power button, but most of the time the screen just stays off.

Anyone got any solutions?

-merc

samjam

Dec 18, 2006
So ever since switching to Froyo I've been getting the Sleep of Death.

I'm installed on NAND, both system and data. I've tried all the latest kernels (both panel 2 & 3) and several 1.71.xx and 1.65.xx radios, yet it still happens. It happens at random times, sometimes I can go for hours without it happening and others it happens within minutes. Sometimes the screen goes white when I hit the power button, but most of the time the screen just stays off.

Anyone got any solutions?
-merc

No solutions yet, but you are not alone.

Sam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: to enable bluetooth pairing do this in a terminal
    $ su
    # chown 1002.1002 /data/misc/bluetoothd

Now not only blueooth pairing starts working again but bluetooth music works too

I've pushed my VaniljFroyo modfications into dzo's repo so there is no VaniljFroyo anymore.

The official thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710105

The latest build can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/

Instructions
    1. Get the latest build.
    2. Rename it to androidinstall.tgz and place it in the andboot folder.
    3. Install system.
    4. Boot the system.

To gain an extra 11Mb of RAM on Kaiser or Polaris, get the kernels I've posted here: Get the kernel from here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7079594&postcount=299
    Vogue users can get this with the latest official kernel from dzo (2010-07-06)

-----------------------------------

Old stuff below

This is basicly dzo's latest Fresh Froyo release with some minor adjustments.
    With latest I mean the latest version available as I write this which is this version: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/system-froyo-01-07-10_18.tgz/download

Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/androidhtc/files/2010-07-02/VaniljFroyo_RLS2.zip/download

RLS2
    - Market now works (Thanks mssmison and Incubus)
    - Slight QVGA adjustments to the drawer phone keypad.
    - Added google maps framework (needed by apps that uses maps)
    - Added Facebook and Twitter from FRF85b just because there was room left
    - Removed nonworking MagicSmoke live wallpaper

RLS1
    - Wifi support
    - QVGA adjusted bootanimation, backgrounds, DeskClock app and Music app.
    - Added bash
    - Added a bunch of nice scripts that I made for VaniljEclair.
    - Added compcache support.

Get a terminal from Market, then use the following scripts (always do an su first):

enable_compcache.sh - Enable compcache (use the command free before and after to see the difference)
    disable_compcache.sh - Guess what it does?
    wifi_level.sh low|medium|high|extreme (medium is the default, low does not work for me)
    default_network.sh
    hsxpa.sh
    gprsclass.sh
    lcd_density.sh

But you propably won't need to change anything but I recommend trying with and without compcache. It propably helps a bit.

Oh, and the odex.sh script is included and can be enabled from userinit.sh, just like with VaniljEclair RLS7 it takes care of upgrades and uninstalls on the next restart of the phone. Not sure really how it affects performance but since odexing the system apps gives a noticable boost it can't hurt.

Don't expect everything to work flawlessly and have fun!

You may want to try another Launcher like the very nice Launcher Pro that is available for free from the Market.
    If cyanogen says this about running Launcher2 (which is what we have in Froyo) on HTC Dream/Sapphire(magic)
    * Launcher2 (too clunky for these devices)
    then I think we have a good reason to try other launchers aswell.
    LOL thank you so much for the deodexed version i'm the first to download :D
    :) I didn't post that one. dzo did.

See this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=710105