[A] The increase of internal memory HTC Wildfire S

Search This thread

AlexSerg

Jul 6, 2012
Odessa
The increase of internal memory HTC Wildfire S

I am always tired of the same message "Not enough memory to install the application." You might, too. Now there is a way to increase the amount of internal memory through the memory card.

And so we go.

Attention! This method only works for CyanogenMod 10 (possibly CyanogenMod 9). As all the data that you have on your memory card will be erased, so make a backup. Firmware will rest again.
If all you are satisfied, then read on.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download this archive to your computer.
2. Unpack it.
3. Go to the folder system -> etc -> init.d
4. Downloading or be on the computer archive firmware. (CM 10)
5. Opens archive firmware (you can use regular WinRar)
6. Go to the folder system -> etc -> init.d
7. Drag the file from the archive (file name 40int2ext) in an archive folder firmware.​

From the archive finished. Take up the phone.

1. We connect the phone to the computer in the drive.
2. Format the flash drive in FAT32
3. Disconnect the phone from the computer
3. Load your phone to CWM Recovery​

Working with Recovery

P.S. If anyone has forgotten, remind. Moving to CWM Recovery volume keys. Confirm selection - power button.

1. Wipe data / wipe cache
2. Advanced -> Partition SDcard (choose your desired size - the size, which will increase the phone memory. I chose the 512 because I have a memory card is only 2GB).
SWAP - 0!
3. Expect when the screen will say Done
4. Go Back
5. Mount and Storage -> USB Storage
6. We connect the phone to the computer via a USB cord.
7. Resets modified firmware archive.
8. After finishing click Unmount
9. Set the archive firmware
10. Rejoice in expanded memory.​

2OYyCwzjOZc.jpg
d1VudR4Y4Z4.jpg

Tested on CM10 20121102 :)

Have fun :laugh:

Sorry for my English :eek:

Last edited:

mrabro8

Nov 21, 2012
what is?

What is CyanogenMod 10 (possibly CyanogenMod 9)???
and what is CM10 20121102...??
please I am new, I am unaware of these things.
I am also tired of message " not enough memory"..
please tell me how can I get my memory increased.. I have HTC Wildfire S

TheProphetC3

Oct 7, 2012
What is CyanogenMod 10 (possibly CyanogenMod 9)???
and what is CM10 20121102...??
please I am new, I am unaware of these things.
I am also tired of message " not enough memory"..
please tell me how can I get my memory increased.. I have HTC Wildfire S

Dude...unlock your bootloader thru htcdev.com...den root it...and install a recovery...then install custom roms like cm10 cm9 etcetra :p

zillerman

Nov 2, 2007
Alex, BRILLIANT!!!!

I only just upgraded to CyanogenMod 10 and saw your post, and now my apps page on my wildfire S is reading :

Internal Storage: 322MB used, 3.4GB free, I had an 8GB SD card and allocated 4GB for the partition size.

When it finally booted it was sluggish (be patient if you are just trying this, it takes a fair while to boot), obviously things were still loading in the background as i opened the screen. But after a few seconds it was working faster than ever!!

Considering the price of Class 10 SD cards these days, i'm unsure yet whether to get a 16GB or 32GB with 50/50 partition size, i think it would be the perfect addition for my "New" Wildfire S. Hope the extra space doesn't actually slow it down. Will post an update on my findings.

Many, MANY thanks, your English was not a problem btw =)

EXCELLENT!!!

Cheers
Z

Reactions: Jamie- and skykid2

mrabro8

Nov 21, 2012
??

my HTC WildFire S's version is v2.3.5 S-ON HBOOT-1.09.0099 ... and HBOOT is unlocked..!
and the rooting process is not working on this version! my friend told me that CWM will not be install in this HBOOT version.!
I do not know how my HBOOT version is upgraded..
please tell me what should i do!

Roland_Y

Mar 20, 2012
my HTC WildFire S's version is v2.3.5 S-ON HBOOT-1.09.0099 ... and HBOOT is unlocked..!
and the rooting process is not working on this version! my friend told me that CWM will not be install in this HBOOT version.!
I do not know how my HBOOT version is upgraded..
please tell me what should i do!

If your phone is running under an official Android firmware, and the HBoot is unlocked, and you want to root it, i suggest to take a look at unlockroot. This is a simple tool to enable root access on your WFS phone, and I found it very simple to use.

Dan in SA

Aug 27, 2012
San Antonio
I can confirm that Int2ext+ works in CM9, but I managed to get it going a bit easier than modifying the ROM before it was applied.

Step 1: partition SD card with FAT32:ext4:swap
Step 2: perform wipe and format functions prior to installation
Step 3: install CM9 per ROM instructions
Step 4: before you reboot to finish CM9 install, mount sd-ext and sdcard
Step 5: apply Int2ext+ zip from sdcard
Step 6: reboot
Step 7: get cup of coffee while phone reboots
Step 8: enjoy more space on your WildfireS

I know this is a horribly written and formatted post, I hate typing on the iPad. I'll fix it whe I get home if its too confusing and/or annoying for anyone.

Dan in SA

Aug 27, 2012
San Antonio
I have just read somewhere else in here where they a using Int2ext+ as well as Link2SD. One of the pitfalls of CronMod's (or was it Cronmon?) scripts is that it requires internal memory for the links - I forget the exact ratio, but my fingers want to type 100Mb for every 500Mb available on the SD card for the sd-ext partition. Link2SD will still work in this instance, because all it is doing is creating a link to sdcard, not to sd-ext.

Come to think of it, this post makes no sense Witt references - I'll dig up those refs and explain more fully in a bit.

mrabro8

Nov 21, 2012
If your phone is running under an official Android firmware, and the HBoot is unlocked, and you want to root it, i suggest to take a look at unlockroot. This is a simple tool to enable root access on your WFS phone, and I found it very simple to use.

I downloaded and tried to root my WFS with it.. but it did not work..!
It shows error while in the process of rooting!

kokonuter

Aug 28, 2012
3GB internal storage in my Wildfire S

:laugh:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-29-21-26-15.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-29-21-26-15.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 776

kumaillakhani

Dec 3, 2012
I can confirm that Int2ext+ works in CM9, but I managed to get it going a bit easier than modifying the ROM before it was applied.

Step 1: partition SD card with FAT32:ext4:swap
Step 2: perform wipe and format functions prior to installation
Step 3: install CM9 per ROM instructions
Step 4: before you reboot to finish CM9 install, mount sd-ext and sdcard
Step 5: apply Int2ext+ zip from sdcard
Step 6: reboot
Step 7: get cup of coffee while phone reboots
Step 8: enjoy more space on your WildfireS

I know this is a horribly written and formatted post, I hate typing on the iPad. I'll fix it whe I get home if its too confusing and/or annoying for anyone.
Hi,
can you please explain me Step 5: apply Int2ext+ zip from sdcard how to apply Int2ext+ zip and from where I can get Int2ext+ zip.
Please reply soon

CaptainMaki

Jun 26, 2011
I've used pimp my rom to apply init.d update, and then tried this on my ROM. can't get it to work. In FreeSpace app there is not mention of the SD-EXT.

gross770

Dec 25, 2012
Could some one help on this one

Hi
could you please explain steps
7. Drag the file from the archive (file name 40int2ext) in an archive folder firmware - does this mean I create a folder on my desktop called firmware?

what does SWAP - 0! mean?

Then I'm not sure what the following steps mean

If you could explain this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Aron

brs046

Jan 7, 2013
Still I cant see any increased internal memory

Hi Everyone...
I was using an HTC wildfire S A510e.But I was fed up of getting low internal memory warning..so I searched for some solution online,while I got your link from xda developers.

I just followed all the instruction given in your link and HTCdev.com and finally unlocked the bootloader.I also rooted the phone and installed clockwork recovery mod installed..I did take the backup of original rom using clockworkmod recovery backup option..

Then I followed the instruction on how to increase internal memory..while doing that I allocated 1024MB (my sd card 4GB) for partitioning..I completed all the process and also installed cyanogen 7.2 as I had downloaded from the link provided by you.

But to my surprise when I checked the internal memory it still shows 150mb..and after installing some apps it again shows low memory warning..
when I checked sd card it shows 2.73 GB total space,which means all most 1Gb has gone somewhere...

So can any one please suggest me what to do???n please let me know where this 1GB has gone without increasing the internal memory.??

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

can u plz tell me how did u do that??

Arsalan55

Feb 5, 2013
Help

can you please guide me ...how do i Resets modified firmware archive???
given in you step 7.:eek:

10. Rejoice in expanded memory.
I have wildfire s and cyanogenmod 10.1 ..

need some HELP:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

talhamaqsood

Dec 11, 2012
SD-Card removed unexpectedly

I am using ''cm-10-20130103-4.2.1-NIGHTLY-marvel'' , partition the sd card using CWM recovery, and link2sd app, one day every thing was fine but now m getting error sd-card removed unexpectedly over and over again....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The increase of internal memory HTC Wildfire S

I am always tired of the same message "Not enough memory to install the application." You might, too. Now there is a way to increase the amount of internal memory through the memory card.

And so we go.

Attention! This method only works for CyanogenMod 10 (possibly CyanogenMod 9). As all the data that you have on your memory card will be erased, so make a backup. Firmware will rest again.
    If all you are satisfied, then read on.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download this archive to your computer.
    2. Unpack it.
    3. Go to the folder system -> etc -> init.d
    7. Drag the file from the archive (file name 40int2ext) in an archive folder firmware.​

From the archive finished. Take up the phone.

1. We connect the phone to the computer in the drive.
    2. Format the flash drive in FAT32
    3. Disconnect the phone from the computer
    3. Load your phone to CWM Recovery​

Working with Recovery

P.S. If anyone has forgotten, remind. Moving to CWM Recovery volume keys. Confirm selection - power button.

1. Wipe data / wipe cache
    2. Advanced -> Partition SDcard (choose your desired size - the size, which will increase the phone memory. I chose the 512 because I have a memory card is only 2GB).
    SWAP - 0!
    3. Expect when the screen will say Done
    4. Go Back
    5. Mount and Storage -> USB Storage
    6. We connect the phone to the computer via a USB cord.
    10. Rejoice in expanded memory.​

2OYyCwzjOZc.jpg
    d1VudR4Y4Z4.jpg

Tested on CM10 20121102 :)

Have fun :laugh:

Sorry for my English :eek:
    Alex, BRILLIANT!!!!

I only just upgraded to CyanogenMod 10 and saw your post, and now my apps page on my wildfire S is reading :

Internal Storage: 322MB used, 3.4GB free, I had an 8GB SD card and allocated 4GB for the partition size.

When it finally booted it was sluggish (be patient if you are just trying this, it takes a fair while to boot), obviously things were still loading in the background as i opened the screen. But after a few seconds it was working faster than ever!!

Considering the price of Class 10 SD cards these days, i'm unsure yet whether to get a 16GB or 32GB with 50/50 partition size, i think it would be the perfect addition for my "New" Wildfire S. Hope the extra space doesn't actually slow it down. Will post an update on my findings.

Many, MANY thanks, your English was not a problem btw =)

EXCELLENT!!!

Cheers
    Z
    Quick question and please forgive my ignorance. Does this work for the MetroPCS (CDMA) Wildfire S? This out of memory issue has been frustrating my wife for months!

Thanks.

Yes it will work, does she have a custom rom I don't think it will work on stock

Sent from my Marvelc using Tapatalk
    Why didn't you read my last reply? CWM 6.0.1.2 from CM10 thread.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda-developers app

It has bugs..loads of bugs..
    So better stay with cwm 5 or TWRP
    2.2.2.0 THEY are the only fully working recoveries for our device
    Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    i don't get number 4

Hey I don't know what to do in number four
    7. Drag the file from the archive (file name 40int2ext) in: an archive folder firmware.
    :confused: