Screen shield and gorilla glass

Search This thread

Djveneko

Feb 22, 2011
Lol yeah can imagine!!! Kudos to you if you keep that screen nice and scratchless

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

MarkP80nj

Mar 13, 2011
Bayville
Lol yeah can imagine!!! Kudos to you if you keep that screen nice and scratchless

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Lol, I was forced to buy a fanny pack.
As much as I hate those things,my cell is scratch free, and my cigs stay dry and in one piece!

Sent from my sgs4g with:
Whitehawks deodexed kd1 & tw4
Drhonk's Bali kernel v1.1
Krylons CMW3 b3
Fknfosued' status bar mod
& robbbit's boot animations.
Thanks to all of you!

MrRuckus

Jun 1, 2009
I buy the realooks for all my phones and have been happy every time.

+1 for realook. I bought a 2 pack for my Vibrant. When the vibrant suffered a face plant on the pavement and a car running it over, the screen protector cant protect alla that. heh.

I put the second one on my SGS4G, fit the screen perfectly. I have used the cheap ones from amazon/ebay and they dont compare to a quality screen protector imo. They give you all the tools you need including a cleaning cloth and a press tool to get bubbles out. You almost need a clean room to get the screen on before a peice of dust falls on it. But if you can get it, they are the best I have used.

AoshichanX

Jun 2, 2011
Lol, I was forced to buy a fanny pack.
As much as I hate those things,my cell is scratch free, and my cigs stay dry and in one piece!

Sent from my sgs4g with:
Whitehawks deodexed kd1 & tw4
Drhonk's Bali kernel v1.1
Krylons CMW3 b3
Fknfosued' status bar mod
& robbbit's boot animations.
Thanks to all of you!

I use this. Unfortunately reduces screen clarity as with all anti-glares, but I love the feel and it's even better than the PowerSupport Anti-Glare films for the iPhone.

SGP Steinheil™

Premium Matte : Anti-Fingerprint Screen Protector Film
• High Grade Anti-glare hard coated optical film
• Premium Matte Surface
• Good Light Transmittance

Sent from my Galaxy S 4G with:
Whitehawks Deodexed KD1
Drhonk's Bali kernel v1.4 UV
Krylons CMW Final
AERODKNG's ported lockscreen power mod

Liquid Smoke

May 6, 2011
i use one of the cheap ones off ebay, it works fine i dont notice much difference with the swiping and touch, but it definitely does take away from the screen abit, adds some glare especially outdoors. but i dont mind though because i hate having even the smallest scratches/imperfections on the screen. the gorilla glass is tough, but its definitely not scratch proof from things harder than the glass like keys in ur pocket or even one accidental drop or scrape on concrete or something.

Kinghat

Aug 31, 2010
Johnson City TN
I have had other phones with gorilla glass tried screen shields did not care for them, At work i use belt clip style holster and have not had any marks on screen not much of fan of carrying phone in my pocket

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
I've actually gone through the trouble of trying Zagg, BodyGuardz (wet), SGP, and Realook.

Of the four, the best (hands down) is Realook. It's completely clear, comes with two screen protectors, relatively cheap (compared to the other ones at least), and feels AWESOME on the phone. It's also cut very precisely and covers the whole screen. This part may sound crazy, but I actually like swyping on the Realook more than on the naked screen!

For SGP, I heard so many positive reviews on it that I decided to buy two packs for myself and my sister. I have concluded that either (1)my phone is uniquely strange or (2)ALL the screen protectors were defective, because every screen protector not fully adhere and left a thick border around the phone. Of course, I got replacements for them for free from SGP (wonderful customer service, but only available through email), but those were defective as well. I ended up returning them and getting my money back. The SGP screen protectors also don't fully cover the screen (it leaves out the front facing camera and proximity sensor). The feel of SGP, however, is on par with Realook. There's also more variety for SGP, but since we have an awesome Super AMOLED screen, we really should be using

BodyGuardz has very little orange peel on it, and it comes with two for the price of one Zagg. The orange peel is actually unnoticeable unless if you look at it from the side. BodyGuardz felt tacky at first, but after some time, it became smooth like Realook and SGP. Also, it doesn't fully cover the screen, just like the SGP.

Zagg always has horrible orange peel on its screen protectors and a pretty bad tacky feel to it. I suppose an argument for the tackiness would be better grip though. The worst part is that it's so expensive for just one. In addition, both the Zagg and BodyGuardz are soft screen protectors, so even though if they are self-healing, dents and other things still remain. The coverage of the Zagg is the same as SGP and BodyGuardz.

So, to sum up this whole bunch of text, Realook ftw!!! Hope this helps people in choosing! :)

Last edited:

Bumblephuk

Jun 29, 2011
May be Gorilla but I'd still be careful

I had a SGS4g with the supposed "Gorilla Glass" and scratched it with a regular bic lighter in the same pocket. Luckily the phone also had some hardware problems. My replacement immediately got a screen shield. The T-Mobile rep said it was Gorilla, but at certain angles it could get scratched.

TIP: get the T-Mobile rep to install the screen shield in-store! If they screw up they will replace for free but if you screw up you pay!!!

mbernusg

Mar 9, 2010
NJ
Lol were not advised to put the sp on for that exact reason but I do it for customers anyway..

I've been naked since I got it its fine

sent from my real Gs move in silence like lasagna

DsBaka

Apr 3, 2011
Anyone know if the Realook Screen Protector affects the camera quality as it does not have the camera hole cut out??

Thanks

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
look, i am 14, i run around all day through school and keep my phone in my pocket. i had it since february, there isn't a single scratch anywhere on the phone. It shouldn't get scratched unless you literally poke the screen with your nails. Or give it to your baby or cat.

itzik2sh

Sep 5, 2011
I tried Xtremeguard and didn't like it. Back to regular cheap screen protector and a silicon case.

Sent from me

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
I tried Xtremeguard and didn't like it. Back to regular cheap screen protector and a silicon case.

Sent from me

I say this way too much, but Realook is the way to go. $10 for 2 excellent protectors is very good. Their protectors are cut very well (you really can't tell it's on my phone) They have excellent customer service too.

avrillapete

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus
I was using the screen guard that came with my casemate case, and it was scratched to hell, so I removed it. I used my phone for about a week without anything on it, and I just fell in love with the way the naked glass felt. But there's a lot of dust and stuff where I work, and my paranoia got the best of me and I ended up buying the Crystal Clear Realook screen protector's from Amazon.

I was very impressed with how clear they are, and they feel almost exactly the same as the glass it self, just a tiny bit "sticky" (all the other screen guards I've had were A LOT more so) but not enough to even bother me. You also cannot even tell there is one on there, unless you look closely near the earpiece you can see the outline where it is cut.

tehgyb

Mar 21, 2011
Easton, PA
I was using the screen guard that came with my casemate case, and it was scratched to hell, so I removed it. I used my phone for about a week without anything on it, and I just fell in love with the way the naked glass felt. But there's a lot of dust and stuff where I work, and my paranoia got the best of me and I ended up buying the Crystal Clear Realook screen protector's from Amazon.

I was very impressed with how clear they are, and they feel almost exactly the same as the glass it self, just a tiny bit "sticky" (all the other screen guards I've had were A LOT more so) but not enough to even bother me. You also cannot even tell there is one on there, unless you look closely near the earpiece you can see the outline where it is cut.

I've had the protector that came with my otterbox on my phone since around march... to me it looks and feels like the naked glass, I don't notice any resistance or "stickiness"
With the case on, you cant see the edges of the protector so you wouldn't even know it was there...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1 on the Realook. I usually keep my phones in an empty pocket, and I tried a LOT of different screen protectors, eventually giving up, getting a Gorilla Glass phone and going naked.

However, even with Gorilla Glass if you ever dig your phone out of a jean pocket while sitting, the rivets can scratch the glass. Once I did that, I put a Realook on and never looked back. It keeps the "slickness" of the glass, so it's still easy to Swype.

Siegel