Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2012, 02:22 AM |#41  
Flag Perham, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,335

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phieta

I'd buy an iPhone before I'd buy a Motorola again.

Actually, I take that back. I never would. I'd buy a windows mobile. Forgot about that them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Ewwww window mobile....well atleast you'll go to a competitor we never have to worry about uping android

probably sent to from the middle of a lake in central Minnesota

8th January 2012, 02:54 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 338

Donate to Me
More
Just sent the email. Anyone gotten a response yet?
8th January 2012, 02:58 AM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Okay, I sent a message to the petition starter about the "why is this important" section. If we have a solid mission statement and clear objectives, it's just signatures signatures signatures and contacting Moto/VZW.

Also, I have no way of knowing if this will actually get them to change their policy, but I think we can get a response. I would be very hesitant to call it quits if we haven't even gotten some half-assed excuse out of them.
8th January 2012, 03:02 AM |#44  
Flag Henrico, VA
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Would google have anything to say about this? Not sure how it is ordered on the petition but if it is in order then FIRST! sorry had to get it out lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
8th January 2012, 03:10 AM |#45  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benefit14snake

Would google have anything to say about this? Not sure how it is ordered on the petition but if it is in order then FIRST! sorry had to get it out lol.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Android was created as a response to locked down platforms, right? I think Google would like to see them unlock, but I don't think we're going to see them pick sides when they're in the middle of trying to acquire Moto.
8th January 2012, 06:24 AM |#46  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinabox

Android was created as a response to locked down platforms, right? I think Google would like to see them unlock, but I don't think we're going to see them pick sides when they're in the middle of trying to acquire Moto.

Google already bought motorola mobility.
8th January 2012, 06:31 AM |#47  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 604

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoyame

so does that mean we could benefit from sending google this and seeing what they have to say?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
8th January 2012, 06:40 AM |#48  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoyame

Wait, did it go through already?
8th January 2012, 07:41 AM |#49  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 805

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckinabox

Wait, did it go through already?

Don't get your hopes up on this. From what I've read and understood, this is more to do with patents. Moto would still stay as a separate entity. Google won't really control the manufacturing of the hardware. It's really a means of owning some patents.

Sent from my Eclipsed 2.0.3 X2 using Tapatalk.
8th January 2012, 02:24 PM |#50  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Yep it is just for patent protection. That is why they declined buying out another company earlier this year.
8th January 2012, 07:05 PM |#51  

More
Hey guys, I got a response from the petition starter and I've made a post over in the Razr thread (that one seems more popular) to get people brainstorming for the mission statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

Don't get your hopes up on this. From what I've read and understood, this is more to do with patents. Moto would still stay as a separate entity. Google won't really control the manufacturing of the hardware. It's really a means of owning some patents.

Sent from my Eclipsed 2.0.3 X2 using Tapatalk.

Yeah I wasn't waiting for Google to step in and save the day, I just thought they were still mucking around with the exchange in the EU courts or something.

Okay, it looks like the Razr thread might not be such a great place for a constructive discussion. Any devs want to pitch on what they feel would be important for the petition summary?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)