[Guide]Rooting Xperia S ICS and GB (Locked Bootloaders) (Easier new method with CWM)

Search This thread

juliospinoza

Jan 9, 2012
Tepic
yes you have to downgrade, and then flash the CH ICS ROM and then the ICS ROM that you use, for example [FIRMWARE][6.1.A.0.452] Nordic combined.
Yes, I understand that, I am in Ch generic, so, if I dont want to loose root when I flash the firmware I have to uncheck all the wipes right, after all, in the downgrade I will erase all my data
Did you do this already? Is working? Is it safe?
Sorry for so many questions, but I wanna be sure
Thanks

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
It appears to be working on an exploit that is left open on GB only and is carried forward to ICS but the exploit is only workable in ICS. So the only route is from the beginning, install GB , open the exploit, upgrade to ICS, work the exploit.

I hope this explanation is correct and helps users understand how it works.

Btw. I won't be doing it to my phone yet,I spent last Sunday getting it back to the way I want after installing the CH ICS.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Reactions: juliospinoza

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
I was waiting this exploit, thank you very much! After a few months finally root yeaahh

The problem is we are losing all our data, there is no way to backup app + data before root. Actually there is a solution (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420351) but It seems to not working on our Xperia S

My backup pro might work, I have my phone backed up and if I do this will let you know it my backup pro works.

Sent from my little computer, Xperia S.

Javi22

Feb 26, 2011
Madrid
My backup pro might work, I have my phone backed up and if I do this will let you know it my backup pro works.

Sent from my little computer, Xperia S.[/QUOT

sadly I think you are wrong, I wish I am wrong but If you dont have root, is not possible to backup your data. Your apps are fine, they are copied but not their data (savegames, etc etc)

sorry for off topic!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial will show you how to root your xperia s

Make Sure You are on gingerbread stock rom

ROOT TOOLKIT http://www.mediafire.com/?o1v2o6afuoc1w33

(1) Application Settings: [Unknown sources] checked {Allowed}
    (2) Application Settings: Development [USB debugging] checked {Allowed}
    (3) Application Settings: Development [Stay awake] checked {Allowed}
    (4) Settings -> Display settings [Screen timeout] Set to 30 minutes
    *If your screen goes off just once then you won’t be able to return to the installation properly. Very important!!
    Please think about your battery and try to keep the display brightness to a minimum.
    (5) Please use a regular picture for the background. Do not use the default live wallpaper.
    (6) Charge the Xperia S’s battery to 80%.
    (7) Use the Generic CH (1257-3740) XPERIA S LT26i ROM (6.1.A.0.452).
    Can be found here along with the latest FLASTOOL link: http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.php?dir=Sony+(Ericsson)/SE+Xperia+S+(LT26i)/STOCK+ROMS
    (8) Net framework 3.5 or later
    (9) Gingerbread part 1 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?004x3fnftr32135 part 2 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?23e963o6a8dq8rg

[Installation Process]

(1) Flash Gingerbread firmware wiping data and cache only if you are not on gingerbread
    (2) Run Step 1.bat
    (3) Install ICE CREAM SANDWICH without wiping anything
    (4) Run step 2.bat

To enter CWM recovery you have to tap on sony logo at start few times.

If it does not root properly first time run it again

Thanks to Bin4ry for the files :)
    Just received my Xperia S, and rooted it just after ^^

Here is the method who work for sure (not working if i just follow the first post) :
    1. Flash Gingerbread
    2. Power on the phone, and set the phone like this :
    Application Settings: [Unknown sources] checked {Allowed}
    Application Settings: Development [USB debugging] checked {Allowed}
    Application Settings: Development [Stay awake] checked {Allowed}
    Settings -> Display settings [Screen timeout] Set to 30 minutes
    Use a regular picture for the background. Do not use the default live wallpaper.
    3. Go to home screen
    4. Open command prompt with Admin Right, go to folder where you extracted Root Kit, and run "Step 1.bat"

You get this :
    9197706501.png

5. Flash ICS without wiping anything, disconnect the phone and power it on, then unlock the screen
    6. Type "cd .." in command prompt
    7. Run "Step2.bat"

You get this :
    8203928502.png

8. The phone reboot, disconnect it immediatly, and wait to reach the home screen (unlock if necessary)
    9. Reconnect the phone

You get this :
    8162312403.png

10. The phone reboot, disconnect it immediatly, and wait to reach the home screen (unlock if necessary)
    11. Reconnect the phone

You get this :
    6431179904.png

Voila, your phone is rooted!

Info : for some people (like me), if i let the phone connected during reboot, the "Root Kit" think the phone is booted at "Sony Logo", and all operation failed. Disconnecting after each reboot and waiting home screen/unlock prevent this bug.
    XperiaSrootingKit (English Translated version)

XperiaSrootingKit 1.0.4 (Based-on Sharaz22's guide and huhka_com's acroHDrootingKit)

(1) SuperSU pre-installed
    (2) English Translation

Sharaz2
    huhka_com
    Sorry about the problem everyone has been having with rooting their devices please test this and report back if it works or not links updated in the op
    Yes it will root locked bootloader's.