[Recovery][p6800/p6810/i815] (5Apr2016 TWRP 3.0.2-0) Custom Recoveries

Search This thread

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
The firmware bootloader (like the bios of an PC.) is not flashable. It can only be reload via JTAG. Download mode is in that bootloader. That's why it always shows p6810.

Recovery partition is in mmcblk0p6, Same for all 7.7 models. Odin doesn't have assert to recognize model.

Did you flash the p6800 recovery? If you use an p6800 PIT, you should use the p6800 recovery to match the partitions.Preload for p6800 is 11 and 10 for p6810. You can always backup the whole partiton with dd cmd. dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=<a file>. but it would be the whole partition size.

Don't know why my 2.6.0.0 can't boot on your tab. if your PIT is from stock roms, it should work. The only thing I think of may be recovery partition is resized.

There are data in /efs which is unique to p6800 and p6810 but only encrypted partition affected.

Try unpacking the initramfs of the recovery.img to study the mount points. The img is similar to a zImage or boot.img. It is probably the fstab not match.

Good luck!

Yes, you would think it would work. Partitions are identical to that of a P6800. The stock 3e recovery works. Flashing the P6810 recoveries were just an experiment to see what partitions were recognised, but as suspected, not useable. The official TWRP P6800 2.6.1.0 Recovery flashed ok and successfully backup system, data etc, but no option for the preload. I am sure your 2.6.0.0 does have that option (when I used for "P6810" parttioned device), It will flash but no boot. I tried studying the pit with the pit magic pc program, but my knowledge is limited there.

I thought a successful Odin flash would indicate the recovery parttion size size is ok (with other recoveries being able to load)? I might unpack the recovery just to see as you suggest, but I was really hoping for "flash and play" simplicity for users using the guide.

Users going to the trouble of using the guide probably don't want to backup/restore manually (PITA), custom recovery is the way to (if possible).

A little bewildering since my tab is effectively now a P6800 with same partitions.

Appreciate your time taken and input mate.

Cheers,

UpInTheAir

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Yes, you would think it would work. Partitions are identical to that of a P6800. The stock 3e recovery works. Flashing the P6810 recoveries were just an experiment to see what partitions were recognised, but as suspected, not useable. The official TWRP P6800 2.6.1.0 Recovery flashed ok and successfully backup system, data etc, but no option for the preload. I am sure your 2.6.0.0 does have that option (when I used for "P6810" parttioned device), It will flash but no boot. I tried studying the pit with the pit magic pc program, but my knowledge is limited there.

I thought a successful Odin flash would indicate the recovery parttion size size is ok (with other recoveries being able to load)? I might unpack the recovery just to see as you suggest, but I was really hoping for "flash and play" simplicity for users using the guide.

Users going to the trouble of using the guide probably don't want to backup/restore manually (PITA), custom recovery is the way to (if possible).

A little bewildering since my tab is effectively now a P6800 with same partitions.

Appreciate your time taken and input mate.

Cheers,

UpInTheAir

TWRP can assign extra partitions to backup but there is something missing in the source.
For my TWRP2.6.0.0, I only add the EFS partition to the backup list. Preload(HIDDEN) was not included.
To increase 4xxM to internal SD. I have already merged that partition to DATAFS....

When my tab was bricked, I dump the PIT file to study. This is the format of PIT I found out.
View attachment pitformat.txt

This is the stock PIT for p6800:
View attachment p6800_TGY_PIT.zip

Hope these might help ;)
Daniel

Reactions: UpInTheAir

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
TWRP can assign extra partitions to backup but there is something missing in the source.
For my TWRP2.6.0.0, I only add the EFS partition to the backup list. Preload(HIDDEN) was not included.
To increase 4xxM to internal SD. I have already merged that partition to DATAFS....

When my tab was bricked, I dump the PIT file to study. This is the format of PIT I found out.
View attachment 2396335

This is the stock PIT for p6800:
View attachment 2396324

Hope these might help ;)
Daniel

Thanks for that mate.

I'll take another look later on. Family time today and off to the beach :)

Reactions: MOBILGEEK

MOBILGEEK

Jul 5, 2012
Hello,
to all of you.
Actually, I am totally new to all this android field, I have a question, actually, I have GALAXY TAB 7.7 running the 3.2 original version(BASEBAND VERSION P6800DDKL4), I want to load custom recovery into that, I want to know, Will this recovery work in that?
Thank You.
Regards,
MOBILGEEK

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Hi daniel,

Unfortunately your pit was no better and made no difference. :(

Hoping to test out the new recovery for you. Seems Goo server is having it's issues again........

Edit, Goo is working again.

No luck, P6800 2.6.3.0 fails to flash on my re-parttioned P6810. Just hangs at recovery.img

Code:
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> recovery.img

There must be some slight difference to that of the official 2.6.1.0 which has no problems with the re-partition

Will test the P6810 2.6.3.0 recovery tomorrow when I re-partition back to P6810 again.

Thanks for all your improvements here mate. :good:

Cheers

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Hi daniel,

Unfortunately your pit was no better and made no difference. :(

Hoping to test out the new recovery for you. Seems Goo server is having it's issues again........

Edit, Goo is working again.

No luck, P6800 2.6.3.0 fails to flash on my re-parttioned P6810. Just hangs at recovery.img

Code:
<ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> recovery.img

There must be some slight difference to that of the official 2.6.1.0 which has no problems with the re-partition

Will test the P6810 2.6.3.0 recovery tomorrow when I re-partition back to P6810 again.

Thanks for all your improvements here mate. :good:

Cheers

I think I might know why your re-partition p6810 didn't work.
To unify the fstab among different models, we use the by_name links in /dev/block/plactform
official twrp use cm9 kernel which use the old links. They are acturally paths in the file system.

New kernels has the new links
They are in /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by_name for partitions
For p6800:
FACTORYFS would be mmcblk0p09
DATAFS would be mmcblk0p10

These links seems defined in the firmware bootloader.

Even though you change the PIT, those link might not change. That is FACTORYFS still point to mmcblk0p8 as p6810
That means it can't access the proper /data partition and hang.

Browse the directory: /dev/block/platform
you might find different directory names and entries

If you upack the recovery.img you may change the mount points to your devices mount points

Good luck!

Reactions: UpInTheAir

northender

Dec 11, 2010
No luck here updating with either file, mobile odin states - Partition could not be found in file
Using bodivas' JB rom.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

Last edited:

Nuclear Blast

Aug 3, 2012
Could not flash new CWM 6.0.4.5 (Unofficial) 22/11/2013 via Mobile Odin

Partition could not be found in file

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
No luck here updating with either file, mobile odin states - Partition could not be found in file
Using bodivas' JB rom.

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda premium

Could not flash new CWM 6.0.4.5 (Unofficial) 22/11/2013 via Mobile Odin

Partition could not be found in file

I use dd to flash so I don't have problem.
I use the new tar to pack. May be there is compression issue.
Let me repack again.

Edit: If you have 7z, drag the file out. Mobile Odin recognize .img files

File is re-tared and updated to the upload site now. Please download again... Sorry for the inconvinence.. :eek:

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
I think I might know why your re-partition p6810 didn't work.
To unify the fstab among different models, we use the by_name links in /dev/block/plactform
official twrp use cm9 kernel which use the old links. They are acturally paths in the file system.

New kernels has the new links
They are in /dev/block/platform/dw_mmc/by_name for partitions
For p6800:
FACTORYFS would be mmcblk0p09
DATAFS would be mmcblk0p10

These links seems defined in the firmware bootloader.

Even though you change the PIT, those link might not change. That is FACTORYFS still point to mmcblk0p8 as p6810
That means it can't access the proper /data partition and hang.

Browse the directory: /dev/block/platform
you might find different directory names and entries

If you upack the recovery.img you may change the mount points to your devices mount points

Good luck!

Hi daniel, once again, thanks for you reply and help.

All mounts are identical, and I had posted a terminal screenshot previously in my guide.

I don't usually use Mobile Odin, but just installed it. SUCCESS, I have your P6800 2.6.3.0 on my P6810 re-partition and it shows mounts correctly (and sizes) in the backup menu. Will backup all (device) partitions and FULL wipe to test pre-load is ok. I will check in File manager if they are wiped first to be sure, and before retoring.

Possibly just a bad tar..........

Anyway :
Backup success, but failed to restore system . Trying again, nope failed

Also, pre-load is forgotten in Advanced Wipe menu.......

Please find attached the recovery.log. Maybe itt was just a bad backup, will test again another time, need to reflash my firmware to get the tab up and running again.

Damm attachments aren't working, will upload to dropbox.... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19780267/recovery.log

Last edited:

ColBill

Apr 6, 2012
Anaheim, CA
I use dd to flash so I don't have problem.
I use the new tar to pack. May be there is compression issue.
Let me repack again.

Edit: If you have 7z, drag the file out. Mobile Odin recognize .img files

File is re-tared and updated to the upload site now. Please download again... Sorry for the inconvinence.. :eek:

I used Mobile Odin and 6.0.4.5 seems to have installed with out problem. i am currently running a backup and will report back if it fails or i can not get it to restore.:fingers-crossed: I am using [ROM][4.2.2r1]p6800/p6810/i815](5OCT2013)PAC-Man ROM 4.2 Milestone1 release and attempting to back up to a micro SD 64gb card formatted exfat. :cyclops:

Thanks for everything. I would be installing CM11 again but my tab does not see a sim card detected and no 3g, Some are reporting their sim cards are detected but others have the same with sim card detection problem I have experienced.

The movement on ROM updates you guys have made on this tab is fantastic and am looking forward to using 4.4.

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Hi daniel, once again, thanks for you reply and help.

All mounts are identical, and I had posted a terminal screenshot previously in my guide.

I don't usually use Mobile Odin, but just installed it. SUCCESS, I have your P6800 2.6.3.0 on my P6810 re-partition and it shows mounts correctly (and sizes) in the backup menu. Will backup all (device) partitions and FULL wipe to test pre-load is ok. I will check in File manager if they are wiped first to be sure, and before retoring.

Possibly just a bad tar..........

Anyway :
Backup success, but failed to restore system . Trying again, nope failed

Also, pre-load is forgotten in Advanced Wipe menu.......

Please find attached the recovery.log. Maybe itt was just a bad backup, will test again another time, need to reflash my firmware to get the tab up and running again.

Damm attachments aren't working, will upload to dropbox.... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19780267/recovery.log

Attachment only accept a few formats. Next time you may zip it first.

I'll take a look. The twrp source only handle the 4 standared partitions. Other partition need to handle seperately. I already report that something is missing to them months ago. Anyway, test If you can do it in the original p6810 PIT. I'll take a look at your log.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Daniel, I have an issue with the latest TWRP. I assume it may be me but here is the scenario:

I have an i815. I was running 4.4 Homemade but was unable to get mobile data working. I originally flashed 4.4 with TWRP 2.3.1.1 as the links for 2.6.3.0 were down at the time. After flashing 4.4 I was able to get version 2.6.3.0 so I flashed it. After flashing 2.6.3.0 I was no longer able to flash any ROM that was not 4.4 other than the stock ROM. I would get a signature error during flash. I flashed back to stock with 2.6.3.0 and it worked. I then flashed 2.3.1.1 and was then able to flash 4.2.2 back and my mobile data came back.

Two questions:
1.) Any idea why I can't get service on 4.4? I tried both Homeade and CM11?
2.) Is there some incompatibility with TWRP 2.6.3.0 that won't let you flash a 4.1 or 4.2 ROM?

Thanks for keeping our tablet alive and current!
Regards,
-Mike

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Daniel, I have an issue with the latest TWRP. I assume it may be me but here is the scenario:

I have an i815. I was running 4.4 Homemade but was unable to get mobile data working. I originally flashed 4.4 with TWRP 2.3.1.1 as the links for 2.6.3.0 were down at the time. After flashing 4.4 I was able to get version 2.6.3.0 so I flashed it. After flashing 2.6.3.0 I was no longer able to flash any ROM that was not 4.4 other than the stock ROM. I would get a signature error during flash. I flashed back to stock with 2.6.3.0 and it worked. I then flashed 2.3.1.1 and was then able to flash 4.2.2 back and my mobile data came back.

Two questions:
1.) Any idea why I can't get service on 4.4? I tried both Homeade and CM11?
2.) Is there some incompatibility with TWRP 2.6.3.0 that won't let you flash a 4.1 or 4.2 ROM?

Thanks for keeping our tablet alive and current!
Regards,
-Mike

It is always glad to receive the report from i815 owner's. I don't have an i815 and I relies on these reports.Thanks Mike!

1) for cm11 and OmniROM, the ril lib can not recognize the SIM card even if you can made calls. (I think calls are done inside the blobs). You can't change APN if no sim is there. That is most likely the reason. I just updated the kernel modem driver and use the lastest blob. Problem persist. Looking at the source for that bug now. Another needle in the Haystack as usual....:cyclops:

2) Seems it is the signature verification. Stock rom's are always signed and custom are always not. Stock recovery can only flash signed package. In TWRP, there is an option "zip file signature verification" in Settings. Don't know if it is check for some reason. If you have time, please check if it's check when flashing fail.

Good lcuk to all of us...
Daniel

Last edited:
Reactions: ColBill

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
It is always glad to receive the report from i815 owner's. I don't have an i815 and I relies on these reports.Thanks Mike!

1) for cm11 and OmniROM, the ril lib can not recognize the SIM card even if you can made calls. (I think calls are done inside the blobs). You can't change APN if no sim is there. That is most likely the reason. I just updated the kernel modem driver and use the lastest blob. Problem persist. Looking at the source for that bug now. Another needle in the Haystack as usual....:cyclops:

2) Seems it is the signature verification. Stock rom's are always signed and custom are always not. Stock recovery can only flash signed package. In TWRP, there is an option "zip file signature verification" in Settings. Don't know if it is check for some reason. If you have time, please check if it's check when flashing fail.

Good lcuk to all of us...
Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I understand for number 1. For number 2, I did a test and re-flashed 2.6.3.0. I verified the signature verification was not on but suspect I just reported the error wrong the first time. When I try to flash 4.2.2 I get the following error:

"assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") = = "i815" || get prop("ro.build.product
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I815" || getprop("ro.build.product") =
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/i815_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v23.0.0_20
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/i815_PAC_JB4.2.2-v23.0.0_20130717-031646a.zip"
Updating partition details.

Keep in mind that it lets me flash either of the 4.4 ROM's fine. Will not let me flash a 4.1 or 4.2 ROM

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Thanks Daniel. I understand for number 1. For number 2, I did a test and re-flashed 2.6.3.0. I verified the signature verification was not on but suspect I just reported the error wrong the first time. When I try to flash 4.2.2 I get the following error:

"assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device") = = "i815" || get prop("ro.build.product
getprop("ro.product.device") == "SCH-I815" || getprop("ro.build.product") =
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/i815_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v23.0.0_20
Error flashing zip '/external_sd/i815_PAC_JB4.2.2-v23.0.0_20130717-031646a.zip"
Updating partition details.

Keep in mind that it lets me flash either of the 4.4 ROM's fine. Will not let me flash a 4.1 or 4.2 ROM

I got your answer now. The twrp recovery source requires 4.4 to compile. The old update-binary is no longer supported.

In the mean time, you may following my other post to change the update-binary of you old ROMs and gapps.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2532300

This one is backward compatible. You can flash the updated zip in old recoveries too.

We are in the transition period. Things will get better soon... :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a colloction of all the available custom Recoveries for GalaxyTab 7.7.

Note:CWM has stopped update after 6.0.5.x so it won't be any update.
    CM has its own touch recovery now. I might give a shot when it is stable for our device

Release Note:
    2016/4/5:
    A few bugs are fixed. Please visit the official site for the change log. ;)

2016/2/9:
    This build include the latest 3.0.0-0 UI and theme. Translation for Chinese TC and SC are included.

2016/1/15:
    This is a bug fix release. ExFat support is fixed. The battery images at power off charging are also fixed. ;)

2016/1/5:
    TWRP got a new look. I don't know why it isn't march to a new version. Anyway, I manager to support F2FS in our device now. The next MM build (may be a day or two later) will have F2FS support. This is a big step for us. :D
    /data and /cache partition can have the f2fs now. For the read only /system partition, it is better keeping it as before for compatibility.
    Since TWRP can flash image file directly, seems no reason to keep the zip format. From now on, tar and img will be provided. Cheers! ;)
    18_43_5583upper.png 18_44_5583upper.png 18_45_2377upper.png 18_46_0373upper.png
    1/10/2015:
    In this build, USB-OTG is fixed. You can access, backup and restore from it now. Cheers! ;)
    History

2015/8/26:
    This is the first build after I reconfigure my system. ;)

2015/3/29:
    Finally fix the jumpy effect of new TWRP. Future update is possible now! Cheers! :D

2015/2/20:
    2.8.3.1 fix the jumpy bug in 2.8.3.0. That was the reason can't upgrade to 2.8.4 or above... :(

2015/2/14:
    When I finish the latest 2.8.4.0 for our tab, it behaved jumpy and unstable. Therefore I turn to 2.8.3.0 which has much better MTP support. Hoping it doesn't mean the end of our trip on TWRP. :(
    PS. I have checked. Backup to external_sd is ok (tested for both Fat32 & exFat).

2014/12/20:
    twrp 2.8.2.1 has major changes. Instead of puting bandage, I managed to add SELinux support to our TWRP. This is a huge step for future developments. In addition, the charging bug is also fixed. Cheers! :D

2014/12/7:
    twrp 2.8.2.0 has better support for MTP. ;)

2014/9/17:
    twrp 2.8.0.0 support MTP now. No more adb commands to transfer files! cheers! :D

2014/6/8:
    twrp 2.7.1.0 released

2014/5/6:
    I spent some of the donation to get a i815. Hoping to have better support. I received the i815 today. @Lt.col.johncross, Thanks!
    I know why my 2.7.0.0 can't be flashed now. I'm repacking and uploading again. ;)

2014/3/13:
    TWRP announced that support for some old devices will be discontinued. Don't know if our 7.7 is affected. Here are the latest 2.7.0.0. Add the zip version which can be flashed in recovery.

2013/12/20:
    Some bug fixes in the system core. The charging images are now showing.
    Thanks to the local forum's friends. They helped dumping the /dev/block directory of their p6810 so that I can fill the correct names. Backup and Restore for PRELOAD partition is ok now. Cheers! :D

2013/11/22:
    It's been quite a while. The official TWRP 2.6.3.0 links are dead again. It's my turn to fill the gap.;)
    In this build, I add the preload partition in the backup list. As before internal sd mount to /sdcard and external sd mount to /external_sd.
    For CWM: Backup is not working in my CWM6.0.4.5 build. Need to make sure everything is in place before release.
    Edit: CWM6.0.4.5 is ok now! Cheers!

2013/7/6:
    Seems the official TWRP would not support our tab anymore. I really love the way TWRP handle things so I spent some time to build the latest 2.6 for us. The tutorial for TWRP is a bit outdated. The SPn_xxx flag was not working. After studying the source, I found something was missing in the source to support SPn_xxx. With some minor adjustments, the TWRP unofficial support for our tab is now continue! :highfive:

Change log: :cool:
    Code:
    official [URL="http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2"]change log[/URL]
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP3.0.2-0 (Unofficial) 2016/4/5[/COLOR]
       - see the official change log
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP3.0.0-0 (Unofficial) 2016/2/9[/COLOR]
       - Fix exFat 1.22
       - Translation for Chinese zh-CN, zh-HK & zh-TW
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.3 (Unofficial) 2016/1/15[/COLOR]
       - Fix exFat support
       - Fix the battery images when charging at power off.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.2 (Unofficial) 2016/1/5[/COLOR]
       - new UI
       - F2FS support
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.1 (Unofficial) 2015/10/1[/COLOR]
       - fixed USB-OTG 
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.7.0 (Unofficial) 2015/8/26[/COLOR]
       - merge the latest Omni-5.1.1 source.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.6.0 (Unofficial) 2015/3/29[/COLOR]
     -  Latest source from Omni-5.1
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.3.1 (Unofficial) 2015/2/20[/COLOR]
     -  Fix jumpy behaviour.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.3.0 (Unofficial) 2015/2/14[/COLOR]
     -  Full SELinux support.
     -  much better MTP support.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.2.1 (Unofficial) 2014/12/20[/COLOR]
     -  Full SELinux support.
     -  Fix the bug that can't power off when charger is connected.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.2.0 (Unofficial) 2014/12/7[/COLOR]
     -  better MTP support
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.8.0.0 (Unofficial) 2014/9/17[/COLOR]
     - support MTP
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.7.1.0 (Unofficial) 2014/6/8[/COLOR]
     - see official [URL="http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2"]change log[/URL].
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.7.0.0 (Unofficial) 2014/3/13[/COLOR]
     - see official [URL="http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2"]change log[/URL].
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.6.3.1 (Unofficial) 2013/12/20[/COLOR]
     - Charging image is fixed. (When power off from recovery)
     - Backup/Restore of PRELOAD is fixed
    [COLOR=Blue]CWM 6.0.4.5 (Unofficial) 2013/11/22[/COLOR]
     - keep up with the cm-11.0 source
     - fix in md5 generation
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.6.3.0 (Unofficial) 2013/11/22[/COLOR]
     - the TWRP 2.6.3.0 UI
     - add preload partition in Backup list
     - fix the power off reset issue in official twrp builds.
    [COLOR=Blue]TWRP2.6.0.0 (Unofficial) 2013/7/6[/COLOR]
     - the latest 2.6.0.0 UI
     - add efs partition in Backup list
     - internal sdcard set to /sdcard
     - external sdcard set to /external_sd
     - add bootloader (download mode) in Reboot
    Downloads: :victory:
    CWM Recovery
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10301
    Mirror : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgmHF4G#dir/path=/Recovery/cwm

TWRP
    AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10302
    Goo.im: http://goo.im/devs/daniel_hk/recovery/TWRP Down now...:(
    Dev-Host:http://d-h.st/users/danielhk/?fld_id=44447#files
    Mirror : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1mgmHF4G#dir/path=/Recovery/twrp
    Official: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/108

Tar format: flash with Odin or Mobile Odin
    zip format: flash in CWM or earlier TWRP
    ** Recommend using Moblle Odin to flash **

Credits: :angel:
    • The TWRP Team who create such an awesome Recovery
    • All those who donated to me. I can update my pc and accessories now! Thanks!
    • All those who spend time to test and report
    Donations:

show.htm

Thank you for this daniel_hk!!!

Sorry for the dumb question but i haven't used mobile Odin for quite sometime. Do i select the .tar file under Phone or PDA?

Thanks

Mobile odin has a recovery section. Just select the file from there.
    If you are using Odin, put in PDA.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-p6800 using xda app-developers app
    !

so sad for Tab 7.7 and plus!
    Hope @daniel_hk return

I am also sad about the closing of P6800 thread.
    I planned to post my experience with latest DU10.4 when I discovered the fact.
    Indeed, I spend the whole summer period with DU10.4 with great pleasure and certainly far more smooth than any stock rom.
    My P6800 was used as a navigator (SYGIC) during 3000km without any issue + browsing/streaming, video watching, etc... When used with care, the is no reboot/freeze at all.
    Installation was a bit hard though. Installed with latest open gapps pico. Need to reboot several time to have art cache for all apps and need to install SOD Killer app to suppress sleep of death problem.
    Now it seems to be the latest rom for my precious P6800.
    Thank you very much to Daniel and all contributors for all the years spent together !
    Dominique

Harrison, Dominique and the others,

First of all, I have no plan to stop. MM's development is almost done so I close the thread. ;)
    I have clearly mentioned in the Tab Plus threads that I can't support it no more. I seldom quit anything so I continued to build their ROM until MM close. I don't mind they post here but I just unable to support them. :(

Frankly, it is not my responsibility to teach people how to make me understand their questions and yet I have repeatedly mentioned that. I cherish and admire those sharing which help me a lot. I want to share to those find it useful too. If anyone want to punish me for that. It's okay. I would keep silence but enough is enough. I rather spend my time doing what I'm better.MM is going to end soon so I close the thread to avoid further unreasonable arguments.

People come and go. It is sadly a normal practice that only few would really read before act. I get it. In an object and efficiency orientated world, most of us want quick results, me too! However, when things went south, is it about time we read? No one want to be ignored. We post here for others to read. BUT, if you don't want to spend time to read my post (not just a few keywords), why would I read yours. Sometimes, people won't really read my answers to their posts too. I review my posts from time to time. I have been trying to improve my presentation. I try to explain as detail as possible even if someone might not give a shxx. By the end of the day, I'm really only one and there are too many of "them"... :p

Again, I don't have a Tab Plus. I'm not qualify to support it. If you think sending me a device is a gift, I can clearly state here that it's not. It's just a burden. Some local manufacturers would send me testing devices from time to time so I don't need extra devices to play with. ;)

Anyway, I'm still playing with my beloved 7.7 from time to time. It helps me learning a lot during the pass few years. If I can make a better presentable ROM for 7.7, I would share it. I just don't want things use to be fun went the other way. :)
    nice going daniel... you should request for the developer tag... you've done so many for 7.7 community

btw... can you list down the changes for the 2.6.0 twrp... or is it the same with the official release version?

I just do it for fun..:laugh:

Other than the official TWRP 2.6.0.0 features. I include all my changes in the change log in post #1.
    The major change is at the mount point. /sdcard now correctly mount to internal sd, not external as before.

Cheers!
    Thanks for that mate.

I'll take another look later on. Family time today and off to the beach :)

I was thinking that you would be up in the air but not the beach... lol
    Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app