Potential ONE X buyer

Search This thread

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Google Pixel 4a
Got a few questions:

Now then coming from a Galaxy Note and Iphone 4s.

1) Battery life is it as good as the above phones
2) How quick does it recharge, not a slow re charger, needs to be as speedy as the Iphone
3) Wifi strength is it OK like the Note or powerful like the Iphone
4) GPS does it find satellites instantly like the Note or pretty quick like the Iphone..

Other than that the One X seems to be hitting all the plus points for me, hope you don't mind the comparisons to other phones

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
theres a problem with the wifi antenna, which also serves as the bluetooth antenna. the wifi is that good on the one x, that even when its broken it can still get good signal.
the gps may also use the same antenna not 100% sure. so if you got a one x with the antenna problem (which afaik, all one x's have a chance of getting this)

the battery life is good - however when you actually start using the phone, it does go pretty quickly. not much more quickly than the iphone though. in standby times, it wouldn't surprise me if hox had better battery life.

it charges quick enough (probabyl about 2-3hours). if you're using sat nav whilst charging, then it'll charge slower. but that happens with any phone anyway.

twistedh

Sep 10, 2011
Copenhagen
Got a few questions:

2) How quick does it recharge, not a slow re charger, needs to be as speedy as the Iphone
4) GPS does it find satellites instantly like the Note or pretty quick like the Iphone..

Other than that the One X seems to be hitting all the plus points for me, hope you don't mind the comparisons to other phones

Read around the forum mate, then are tons of threads like this - all your questions answered with a simple search.

kokusho

May 21, 2010
Paris
I have a issues free One X and everything work flawlessly. GPS , wifi, and bluetooth are all very good.
I don't have a Note to compare but I heard the battery is very good on it (big battery with relatively modest specs so i guess it makes sense) so I don't think the battery on the hox quite compare to the note BUT, the main battery drainer on the One X is the screen which is phenomenal but it seems all this glory comes at a price and it s not uncommun to end the day with 75%+ battery usage from the screen only.
What this means is that on stand by or set on low brightness (the auto brightness tend to be to bright), the phone barely use any power so you can easily manage your power consumption.
That being said the battery life is good enough to handle a day of regular usage and is improving with each update (maybe jelly bean will improve it too).

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Google Pixel 4a
So I guess I need to check and see if wifi gps and bt work OK before buying it seems.

Looking at some of the developers in here take me back to the Touch HD and HD2 days...

Yes been on XDA since 2007...eeek what an ole git

farnsbarns

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hmm was expecting this kind of response, thanks

Thanks Lawrence750, nice helpful stuff. appreciated:good:

Yet you still started a new thread without searching? Sorry, I am fairly tolerant of noobs not thinking of searching first, it happens but if you expected this kind of response then not searching was rude and ignorant.

Back on topic. Battery life is not as good as the note but with lesser spec and bigger battery that's to be expected.

Screen on time will be close to iPhone 4s but probably slightly less, stand by time is days on end and beats almost any smart phone due to the very low power companion core which is all that runs in standby.

My one x wifi works 40-50 yards from the house with nothing but a free Sky (netgear) router and we have solid 9inch Victorian walls.

Gps lock takes a few seconds generally.

Lastly, you WILL NOT regret buying the One X. The screen and performance are mind boggling!

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Google Pixel 4a
Sorry tried searching as always on XDA, but so many conflicting responses came back it confused me, sometimes putting your defined questions in one can get more accurate answers, and so far your all extremely helpful, I do apologise if I have been rude and ignorant, but Its also good to see how the community is, as I shall spend ages trawling through this XDA ONE X zone, one of the friendliest sections was the HD2 and loved spending time in there, but the Sammy S2 and S3 seem to have there fair share of pretty rude people, actually puts me off going for an S3, you might say "WHAT" its just a phone, but its not its the community that goes with it...that makes it a better phone

skywalker1970

Aug 27, 2007
Bombay
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
As an ex note user, I can safely say battery life is poor in comparison, however the hox more than makes it up in most other aspects. By far the best android phone around at the moment.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
People tend to get rude if you coach the question with comparisons to other phones. You'll have to pardon that since there are a metric ton of phone trolls that love to stir the pot.

My HOX is trouble free. Wifi is awesome and GPS is spot on. I don't have the update yet but that should improve battery life.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
People tend to get rude if you coach the question with comparisons to other phones. You'll have to pardon that since there are a metric ton of phone trolls that love to stir the pot.

My HOX is trouble free. Wifi is awesome and GPS is spot on. I don't have the update yet but that should improve battery life.

Sent from my AT100 using xda premium

you're right, i was sooo tempted to slag off the iphone a bit lol.

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Got a few questions:

1 - Battery life is great, I've never had a day where it has died, always lasts the day which is all you need in a phone, as it can then be charged during sleep? :p

2 - Re-charge is also great, mine goes from Red to 100% within a couple of hours.

3 - WiFi strength isn't bad, always as good as, if not better than my laptop and PC

4 - It always has a good signal, what I will say that I have noticed is that sometimes, not all the time but sometimes, if you lose signal it will not repick the signal up until the phone has restarted.

Hope this helps.

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
Don't ask...I create animation for App developers so needed one for testing purposes...god its yawnful

Oh Another thing, the sound quality on the Note was pretty mediocre to say the least, the Iphones is pretty spot on, but I can imagine the Beats HTC is the best Yay?

the speaker on the one x sucks. but when plugged in its pretty good. Apt-x (hs3000) sounds almost better than having it plugged in, which makes the headphone socket seem pretty crap, but trust me its fine.

mrdey

Jul 8, 2010
Got a few questions:

1 - OK with last update!
2 - Charges a bit slow, but I think it's normal for such a big battery.
3 - Currently there is no phone on the market with better signal strength than hox.
4 - Few seconds.

jimmy2027

May 26, 2012
Got a few questions:

I should also contribute my lil piece of advice here, as you seem genuine interested and not just the troll kind. Its true that people get offended from threads about phone comparison, but from what I have seen about those 'troll threads" it is all about "Which phone is better? Give me your opinion blah blah blah..." and provides no specific needs, when other people are the ones trying to figure out what the op really wants. and have they spoonfeed to the op. Anyways, I will tell you that you definitely won't regret having a HOX (not really a crapple fan). Comparing to the brick design of the iPhone and the gigantic Note (a bigger brick), to me the HOX phone built really stands out. This is also the first and only smartphone i ever had and I am already enjoying playing around with it. Having said that, I cannot tell you which phones are better in what aspect as I do not possess those smartphones you mentioned. There are lots of battery saving threads you can check around to make the phone easily last about one day and a half depending how you use it. Charging is really not a problem for me because outlets are literally everywhere in this age, even on your computer/ laptop (unless you are coming from a miserable background where outlets are considered luxurious). Before going to bed just simply leave the phone charging and will be good to go when i wake up. GPS... I don't really use it a lot as I mainly rely on the car GPS or google map. Speaking about Wifi, I will say kind of disappointed not because it is not good but I was expecting it to be strong as my laptop. But apparently some bird told me smartphones do have weaker wifi connection.

The biggest blessing for this phone is that there is no need to spend time waiting, praying, and scheming to break out the jail (thanks to Crapple). With One X, I can customize it to my needs (custom roms/ mods/ etc...) I really enjoy using the One Extreme Sound Enhancer to improve the sound quality. There are tons of custom roms floating around this forum so choose it to your liking. The issues you mentioned above, I have heard most are software related glitches and can be fixed by flashing roms. Hope that helps you make the choice. Good luck and have fun with your gadget.

Last edited:

and313

Nov 2, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Did you install the latest update from htc? I get 5 hours screen on time which is a lot. Usually i have 20-30% battery left at the end of the day now. It really makes a difference and now my phone is perfect.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Google Pixel 4a
WOW...still mulling this one over, so confused been reading lots of the forum and there are so many conflicting reviews of the phone, from people having to return there HOX's 10 times or so, to antenna, wifi terrible GPS and even amazing extremes of battery usage.

as long as i get the same length of time as my Iphone 4s and it charges nearly as quick i'm happy can always get a battery booster charger like those Anker ones for flights etc...

THUDUK

Aug 12, 2007
eastbourne
Google Pixel 4a
Just got this reply on AVforums...

I'll suggest you wait for the upgraded HOX+, get the S3, or wait till the end of the month to see what the new Note will be all about. In terms of battery life the HOX is probably the worst of the current bunch of top end phones, however Motorola have a couple of phones with very large battery capacities.

What is a HOX+ ?

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Mostly rumour and conjecture based on some benchmark results that appeared online. It's probably specific to some network and marginally tweaked. Might not even work on your network. Nobody knows yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've done it, now an owner of an HTC ONE X:cyclops: eeek