[Q] Nexus 7 2013 wireless tv out

Search This thread

DesUKire

May 13, 2011
HI guys. Can someone please recommend a decent method of being able to wirelessly display my nexus 7 FHD on my 42" LCD TV. It isnt a smart tv so I need a device to do this but I want to be able to play games on my tv using the Nexus as well. I have seen a few dongles for about £30 on amazon but they all have dodgy reviews. The cheaper the better but I obvs want something that will work flawlessly. Please can you guys give me some advice and your recommendations?

Many thanks

Carbonate

Jan 7, 2014
HI guys. Can someone please recommend a decent method of being able to wirelessly display my nexus 7 FHD on my 42" LCD TV. It isnt a smart tv so I need a device to do this but I want to be able to play games on my tv using the Nexus as well. I have seen a few dongles for about £30 on amazon but they all have dodgy reviews. The cheaper the better but I obvs want something that will work flawlessly. Please can you guys give me some advice and your recommendations?

Many thanks
The SlimPort is a great device. I do not personally own it but I know people who own it and they say it works flawlessly. Since I cannot post links yet I suggest you go to Amazon and type SlimPort.

Big_Red77

Sep 12, 2012
San Angelo
In android 4.4 in the display section of the settings there is an option to cast screen and since it says "cast" it leads people to believe the chromecast will be updated at some point to mirror screens, however it doesn't have that capability at this time :( but it will be a great option when/if it happens!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

DaWeav

Sep 8, 2009
I was surprised when the Nexus 7 cast screen feature in the display settings worked with my Samsung All share Cast dongle, but it isn't that good by any means. But then, not even my Samsung S3 does screen casting to the dongle very efficiently either. So, slimport tethering is the way to go using a Bluetooth keyboard with touchpad to remotely control the Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

PacoBell

Sep 12, 2006
The Netgear PTV3000 has been pretty flawless for Miracast so far. Just make sure you don't have any other devices operating on the 5 GHz band when you're using it. HTH.