[ROM][4.4][NIGHTLIES]OmniROM[Xperia T][mint]

Search This thread

Michlej

Jul 17, 2013
Poznań
yes of course i meant a criticism of some music players in omni, not 100% app problem.. sorry for not being clear..btw it is strange i don't have any problems it seems.. will try again report and report.. in the meantime, did you try with a clean install? and with Apollo plus just to try if then it works fine like for me?

Yep, I've flashed omni again and nothing changed. That problem appears on every 4.4 rom I had ever tried, so it may be just my luck related.. which is sad, because besides that sound issue omni is great. I will try apollo.

EDIT: Sound stutter/hiccup apears on apollo too.

Last edited:

silasje1

Dec 30, 2011
Koog aan de Zaan
Yep, I've flashed omni again and nothing changed. That problem appears on every 4.4 rom I had ever tried, so it may be just my luck related.. which is sad, because besides that sound issue omni is great. I will try apollo.

EDIT: Sound stutter/hiccup apears on apollo too.

This problem is here a long time. Dont know if it is OMNI related or Xperia T problem. Same goes with the peformance app which only works on first core and the set to boot button doesn't work at all because when i change the govenour it keeps that way (when not settings on boot is OFF)

lexman098

Aug 15, 2012
This problem is here a long time. Dont know if it is OMNI related or Xperia T problem. Same goes with the peformance app which only works on first core and the set to boot button doesn't work at all because when i change the govenour it keeps that way (when not settings on boot is OFF)

I REALLY wish they would update the description to include this as a bug. Would have saved me a lot of aggravation if I had just stayed with stock.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk

i need help, is there a chance to find out how often a specific nightly is downloaded? iam curious about the download count.

besides that question, regarding some stuff i read:

- music: shuttle+ music player works just normal, i see no problem (even not with bluetooth speakers)
- dsp manager works normal
- ringtone volume is freakin loud, i use my own ringtone collection from flashable.zip, maybe the omni ringtone .ogg files are weak? i think its not an omnirom bug?!
- performance settings: changing governor + set on boot is working here
- call volume could be a little louder, but its usable....and no callpartner ever complained while calling me
- sync: everything syncs just normal here, check your gapps^^

i just wrote that, because i not want that people who try omnirom first time think everybody have such problems.

so...

Last edited:

lexman098

Aug 15, 2012
i need help, is there a chance to find out how often a specific nightly is downloaded? iam curious about the download count.

- music: shuttle+ music player works just normal, i see no problem (even not with bluetooth speakers)
- ringtone volume is freakin loud, i use my own ringtone collection from flashable.zip, maybe the omni ringtone .ogg files are weak? i think its not an omnirom bug?!
- call volume could be a little louder, but its usable....and no callpartner ever complained while calling me

i just wrote that, because i not want that people who try omnirom first time think everybody have such problems.

so...

What are you performance settings? Maybe this has something to do with the music not stuttering for you.

silasje1

Dec 30, 2011
Koog aan de Zaan

so...
I meant that when you keep the set on boot to OFF it doesnt change back to default after a reboot. Say i chose conservative and keep set on boot OFF. I reboot my device. It should go back tot ondemand but stays conservatieve!

wallo_J

May 1, 2014
wonder land
I'm flashed this ROM the 4.4.3 for now every thing is staple 3 hours and every thing is good?

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

silasje1

Dec 30, 2011
Koog aan de Zaan
Found out that the default performance app from omnirom doesn't set govenor on both cores. But using another app both cores get set correctly! Still only max CPU speed is for first core

Edit: both cores van be set to a max!

Last edited:
Reactions: zandm7

zandm7

Nov 18, 2012
Found out that the default performance app from omnirom doesn't set govenor on both cores. But using another app both cores get set correctly! Still only max CPU speed is for first core

Edit: both cores van be set to a max!
Can confirm this is true; setting governor to "conservative" from No-Frills CPU Control and then checking CPU core frequencies in the OmniROM Performance app returns normal frequencies. No longer are there any issues with the second core only changing between offline and 1512 MHz on governors besides ondemand! Hurray!

Reactions: silasje1

wallo_J

May 1, 2014
wonder land
When I enter the Downloads it's forces stop,and when I install the softkeyz app and do back up after restarting the device it's gives system ui stop, and when I installed the Nova launcher there are the little bit of blue screen that's all the bugs I had for this rom4.4.3, the buttery is good ///?

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

silasje1

Dec 30, 2011
Koog aan de Zaan
Can confirm this is true; setting governor to "conservative" from No-Frills CPU Control and then checking CPU core frequencies in the OmniROM Performance app returns normal frequencies. No longer are there any issues with the second core only changing between offline and 1512 MHz on governors besides ondemand! Hurray!

Yes finally! Maybe we should report it as a bug.

i think u one of a rare number of users experiencing bluescreens on omnirom :eek:
i use nova launcher too, i use omnirom too, i have no bluescreens!

whats this mysterious softkeyz app you used? i guess this lets your systemui fc. how about you uninstall that app and check it out?

you use any other mods? gravitybox, xblast? they can cause issues too. check your system without enabled mods.

Reactions: wallo_J

lexman098

Aug 15, 2012
i think u one of a rare number of users experiencing bluescreens on omnirom :eek:

whats this mysterious softkeyz app you used? i guess this lets your systemui fc. how about you uninstall that app and check it out?

you use any other mods? gravitybox, xblast? they can cause issues too. check your system without enabled mods.

I use nova and also get bluescreens once in a while. Like once a week at the most. It's no big deal at that rate. Music skipping is a deal breaker though.

wallo_J

May 1, 2014
wonder land

Yeah I deleted the softkeyz app soon as I did nadroid restore and the system ui issue is gone, the bluescreens problem is not a big deal it's happened ones in the day or not, and no I'm not using any custom mods and everything is OK, those problems caused by the Nova launcher and the softkeyz app.....

Sent from Xperia T using my fingers ?

wallo_J

May 1, 2014
wonder land
Got new update today hope is better than the old one

Sent from Xperia T using my fingers ?

Attachments

• 1402668840104.jpg
    1402668840104.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 115

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OmniROM is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance, reliability and features over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

OmniROM is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts.

All the source code for OmniROM is available in the OmniROM Github repo.

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

Official OmniROM Wiki:
    http://docs.omnirom.org

First time installing OmniROM to your Xperia T, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues and FAQs
    - Copy GApps and OmniROM ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash OmniROM zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of OmniROM:
    - Copy the OmniROM ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash the OmniROM zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Issues:
    AFAIK none at all

Gapps:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

Nightlies:
    http://dl.omnirom.org/mint/

Questions:
    Feel free to ask here or in #omni on irc.freenode.net

To Kangers:
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open Source doesn't mean Out of Respect!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, a ROM for the Sony Xperia T

Contributors
    tilal6991
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2013-11-14
    Last Updated 2014-05-05
    Reserved

Changelog:
    30/03:
    Switched to the 4.3 kernel from Sony: this fixes stability issues (i.e. blue screens) and MHL (HDMI out)
    28/11:
    Nighlies begin
    26/11:
    Sync with Omni sources - many new features and loads of settings have been added
    Improve performance by using qcom branches of Omni repos - will become mainline soon
    Add SELinux stuff - will become enforcing in the next version
    Fix apps disappearing off SD card every reboot.
    Other bug-fixes
    19/11:
    Sync with Omni sources
    Hopefully fix any Bluetooth audio issues
    Make ART compatible with previously incompatible apps (WhatsApp etc.)
    Fix in-built TWRP mounting issues
    13/11:
    Initial release
    Finally managed to get the new Adreno blobs working on 4.4 - took a while but we're finally on relatively recent blobs.
    http://d-h.st/cih

Should be the final build from me before nightlies start with the new kernel - I'll start them as soon as you guys confirm that nothing additionally broke.

In this version:
    GPS/Location Services in general fixed
    Deep sleep fixed
    (Edit) Audio speaker whistle fixed
    (Edit) ALS (auto brightness) fixed
    Updated Omni sources

Enjoy :)
    New build is up. See first and second posts for details.

As for nightlies - there is no technical reason we can not have them yet - it is purely the fact that we're using MORE up-to-date repos than everyone else - these will be merged into mainline branch soon so we should have nightlies as soon as that happens.