[MOD][How To] S4 S-View Clock Font ★New Fonts★ 03/06

Search This thread

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Hi All,

I received a report from @thachosenone that this also works for you S4 guys, so I have brought a copy of the thread over here for those that don't venture into the Note 3 forums. Original thread here.

If you like or use the fonts please hit thanks, it gives me the drive to make more.

Enjoy.

Hi Guys/Gals,

Thought I would share this.

When I was looking for a way to change the S-View clock, all information was either for other devices or simply didn't work, see below for a short 'How To'.

n6eK63G.png
MLjKhO1.png

oESOZTS.png
wXWjOW4.png

GUcS4qd.png
46AOrK5.png

Ic70M4t.png
D4YGY40.png

fRxMpwI.png
DJCVMJe.png

IaqNWPh.png
6ju8pyc.png

OYr7iZ2.png
Slzkx9U.png

Wallpapers can be found here.

To change your S-View cover clock font, it is as simple as choosing your font, renaming it to 'SamsungSans-Num45.ttf' then pushing it to system\fonts. (not quite this simple but this is the guts of it)

One thing before you race off to do it. You have limited space to deal with, so you can't go too crazy (unless you change the dimensions in an XML I cant remember the location of). You can still change the dimensions in the XML if you want a clock that is larger than stock, but then you would need to move everything so there is no overlap.

To get mine perfect I had to modify the font file, changing the metrics, scale and position as well as character spacing. All fonts are different so there is a bit of trial and error to get it just right.

After making a few more, I found for the best results you need to add the "highdef" glyph from the stock font. After you have added and named it correctly you need to move the place markers to a position that varies for each font. For the bottom marker, move it to just below the baseline (very bottom of the font), for the top marker move it to the same distance above the Winascent as between x-height and capheight (this varies).

To save a little space you can delete all characters except: notdef, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, colon and highdef.

Also, make sure your font is unicode, if it is symbol it won't work. Any good font creator/editor should allow you to convert between the formats.

That's it, now you can mix it up if you want and add things like I did with the Mario font (colon).

Installation:

1. Use a custom recovery and simply install the Zip

or

2. Extract the font, push it to system\fonts and set permissions -rw-r--r-- then hot-reboot or reboot.

Uninstall (revert to stock):

Just flash the Stock font zip from here.

If you make any fonts post them here so we can all share.:)

Enjoy.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find the correct information.

PS: This is not the lock-screen clock font this is only for the S-View clock. The lock-screen clock is a set of .png's in an apk (Keyguard if I remember correctly) that you can edit.

Last edited:

Kdio

Nov 12, 2009
Campos dos Goytacazes
Wings spreaded, gliding xda thermals toward highests levels.

Quality, simplicity and lightness. :angel:

Congrats dude. :good:

EDIT: Army Rust and a Cappuccino, please.

Last edited:
Reactions: coldmethod

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
do you know how to change the background of s-view in galaxy s4?

Hi,

I couldn't tell you as the S-View for the Note 3 and the S4 are vastly different. Hence I was a little surprised to hear this mod works on the S4. I imagine you probably can't apply a wallpaper, if you could it would probably be in this forum. I haven't used the S4 let alone with S-View cover, but I imagine you could change the colour of the background somewhere in settings. Although if you wanted to have a look yourself, look into framework-res.apk as this is one of the places the pattern background for the Note is.

If I'm wrong about the wallpaper maybe someone will chime in.

Good luck.

Reactions: Kdio

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
I dont have S view cover and wont use your mod but it make me happy to see people from other device to do effort for us S4 user. Thank you so much

Reactions: coldmethod

coldmethod

Aug 19, 2011
Hi man. Can you create a font for the lockscreen clock or only for clock in s-view cover? For kitkat i9505

The lock screen clock is a set of images in system\app\KeyguardSPlannerWidget.apk I had a play with them when looking for the S-View font,but I don't use the lock-screen so I didn't continue making them.

If there were enough requests and I had time, I would consider making them. But by looking at the thanks count in the OP this tells me that not too many people care for the mod. Making these things is time consuming and if the appreciation isn't there I couldn't be bothered, unless I'm making them for myself of course.

But by all means have a look yourself, if you have image editing experience it's pretty easy.

filipelima27

Sep 10, 2013
Seems that another brazilian is annoying you ;)

Just the nick ... must be. :D

EDIT: @filipelima27 aren't you ?

Hi man. Hahahaha im from brazil yet. Goiania-go.

Amazing to see a brazilian who have a notable sucess here. I use your mod and never see this is a create of brazilian guy. I send a pm for you to talk portuguese and take a lot of experience. Congrats

Reactions: Kdio

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Me said:

Hi all,

Obviously I haven't been maintaining this thread/theme for some time... I think it is safe to say that it has been abandoned, I have removed all of the remaining download links although you can find everything that was posted on this thread here.

Cheers.

Hi All,

I received a report from @thachosenone that this also works for you S4 guys, so I have brought a copy of the thread over here for those that don't venture into the Note 3 forums. Original thread here.

If you like or use the fonts please hit thanks, it gives me the drive to make more.

Enjoy.

Hi Guys/Gals,

Thought I would share this.

When I was looking for a way to change the S-View clock, all information was either for other devices or simply didn't work, see below for a short 'How To'.

n6eK63G.png
    MLjKhO1.png

oESOZTS.png
    wXWjOW4.png

GUcS4qd.png
    46AOrK5.png

Ic70M4t.png
    D4YGY40.png

fRxMpwI.png
    DJCVMJe.png

IaqNWPh.png
    6ju8pyc.png

OYr7iZ2.png
    Slzkx9U.png

Wallpapers can be found here.

To change your S-View cover clock font, it is as simple as choosing your font, renaming it to 'SamsungSans-Num45.ttf' then pushing it to system\fonts. (not quite this simple but this is the guts of it)

One thing before you race off to do it. You have limited space to deal with, so you can't go too crazy (unless you change the dimensions in an XML I cant remember the location of). You can still change the dimensions in the XML if you want a clock that is larger than stock, but then you would need to move everything so there is no overlap.

To get mine perfect I had to modify the font file, changing the metrics, scale and position as well as character spacing. All fonts are different so there is a bit of trial and error to get it just right.

After making a few more, I found for the best results you need to add the "highdef" glyph from the stock font. After you have added and named it correctly you need to move the place markers to a position that varies for each font. For the bottom marker, move it to just below the baseline (very bottom of the font), for the top marker move it to the same distance above the Winascent as between x-height and capheight (this varies).

To save a little space you can delete all characters except: notdef, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, colon and highdef.

Also, make sure your font is unicode, if it is symbol it won't work. Any good font creator/editor should allow you to convert between the formats.

That's it, now you can mix it up if you want and add things like I did with the Mario font (colon).

Installation:

1. Use a custom recovery and simply install the Zip

or

2. Extract the font, push it to system\fonts and set permissions -rw-r--r-- then hot-reboot or reboot.

Uninstall (revert to stock):

Just flash the Stock font zip from here.

If you make any fonts post them here so we can all share.:)

Enjoy.

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find the correct information.

PS: This is not the lock-screen clock font this is only for the S-View clock. The lock-screen clock is a set of .png's in an apk (Keyguard if I remember correctly) that you can edit.
    Hi man. Can you create a font for the lockscreen clock or only for clock in s-view cover? For kitkat i9505

The lock screen clock is a set of images in system\app\KeyguardSPlannerWidget.apk I had a play with them when looking for the S-View font,but I don't use the lock-screen so I didn't continue making them.

If there were enough requests and I had time, I would consider making them. But by looking at the thanks count in the OP this tells me that not too many people care for the mod. Making these things is time consuming and if the appreciation isn't there I couldn't be bothered, unless I'm making them for myself of course.

But by all means have a look yourself, if you have image editing experience it's pretty easy.
    Wings spreaded, gliding xda thermals toward highests levels.

Quality, simplicity and lightness. :angel:

Congrats dude. :good:

EDIT: Army Rust and a Cappuccino, please.

Seems that another brazilian is annoying you ;)

Just the nick ... must be. :D

EDIT: @filipelima27 aren't you ?

Hi man. Hahahaha im from brazil yet. Goiania-go.

Amazing to see a brazilian who have a notable sucess here. I use your mod and never see this is a create of brazilian guy. I send a pm for you to talk portuguese and take a lot of experience. Congrats