FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recoveries][Jan-5-14] TWRP 2.6.3.0 + CWM 6.0.4.6

528 posts
Thanks Meter: 839
 
By SilverL, Senior Member on 6th January 2013, 06:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Mount USB storage does not work with CWM. Will sort out soon... maybe...


First thing.
Quote:

Question | Answer


Users:
Q: Why not make 2 separate posts?
A1: Normally I'd say "I Didn't feel like it", but its more like "I didn't see the need to."
A2: You all should be adult enough to say which you're using if problems arise.

Q: Why label beta.
A: Cause testing is really needed and I don't count myself as a test.

Q: What works?
A: Flashing, USB mount, wiping.... you know recovery stuff....


Developers:
Q: We've been trying and havent been able to get usb mounting to work... How did you?
A1: I didnt really... I figured the problem didnt come from any of the setup used to build the recovery... but the recovery kernel itself.
A2: I used the stable CWM5504, pulled the kernel from that and used the prebuilt kernel in place of building from source. Hopefully a real genius *cough*kornyone*cough* hits the nail *IF* he ever has spare time. PS thanks to xmcwildchild's stable.

Quote:

Now your toys!


Clockworkmod 6.0.4.6 (MD5: 9d37a1029b9f5e79bbef8cb55632e7d7)

Team Win Recovery Project 2.6.3.0 (MD5: 2a227d0607e10892e7d5e15d0d3a4625)

Team Win Recovery Project 2.6.3.0 w/ DumLock (MD5: f3af450c43c03d790f8e1241a60d6efc)

TWRP Update info @ http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Backups (there are some changes in future roms that made it problematic to flash with older recoveries, noobie kieranmenor reported a problem not being able to flash older roms with the current TWRP.)

Clockworkmod 6.0.3.6
Team Win Recovery Project 2.6.3.0
Team Win Recovery Project 2.6.3.0 w/ DumLock

Typical disclaimers apply. Good luck.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to SilverL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SilverL Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 06:56 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Valley View, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,184
 
Donate to Me
More
Downloading twrp now. Any difference between this and riyals version?
6th January 2013, 07:20 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlowry

Downloading twrp now. Any difference between this and riyals version?

Aside from being the latest, I dont think so. I didnt even remember about Riyal's until you mentioned it otherwise I may have just not done it at all.
6th January 2013, 07:29 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 138
 
More
ahh yes thanks for making these! i contacted riyal about twrp 2.3, he said he didn't know it was out of beta and that he would look into it (and then i think his phone died?) and now you picked it up! will test and let you know how it goes.

btw does it have offline charging? i remember riyal made an offline charging version of his twrp

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

for those who want to flash this but don't know how, here are instructions (from an old recovery thread by xmc_wildchild22

From Terminal Emulator
su
dd if=/sdcard/RECOVERY.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p21
reboot recovery

From ADB
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY.img
fastboot reboot

where "RECOVERY.img" is the respective name of the recovery you want to flash
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anitgandhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anitgandhi Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 09:05 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitgandhi

ahh yes thanks for making these! i contacted riyal about twrp 2.3, he said he didn't know it was out of beta and that he would look into it (and then i think his phone died?) and now you picked it up! will test and let you know how it goes.

btw does it have offline charging? i remember riyal made an offline charging version of his twrp

No, it does what the phone normally does. Orange blinking light where you cant do squat til you take it off the charger.

I also dont know how he did it, and... may not be able to add it myself. :/
6th January 2013, 09:39 PM |#6  
Fuzi0719's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palm Springs, CA
Thanks Meter: 252
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL

First thing.

Users:
Q: Why not make 2 separate posts?
A1: Normally I'd say "I Didn't feel like it", but its more like "I didn't see the need to."
A2: You all should be adult enough to say which you're using if problems arise.

Q: Why label beta.
A: Cause testing is really needed and I don't count myself as a test.

Q: What works?
A: Flashing, USB mount, wiping.... you know recovery stuff....

Developers:
Q: We've been trying and havent been able to get usb mounting to work... How did you?
A1: I didnt really... I figured the problem didnt come from any of the setup used to build the recovery... but the recovery kernel itself.
A2: I used the stable CWM5504, pulled the kernel from that and used the prebuilt kernel in place of building from source. Hopefully a real genius *cough*kornyone*cough* hits the nail *IF* he ever has spare time.


Clockworkmod 6.0.2.7

Team Win Recovery Project 2.3.3.0

Typical disclaimers apply. Good luck.

What are the technical benefits/detractions (pluses/minuses) of these compared to CWM 5.5.0.4 or 5.0.2.7?
6th January 2013, 11:00 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzi0719

What are the technical benefits/detractions (pluses/minuses) of these compared to CWM 5.5.0.4 or 5.0.2.7?

Aside from reading somewhere that the newer versions of android(4.2+) will require a recovery update.
Also saw it here too.

Both of these recoveries have installing from sideload, ability to delete backups from within the recovery, higher version numbers(always means better -_-) and some other minor things.

TWRP you can name backups immediately. Full touch interface, extremely theme-able. Works well with GooManager. Queue multiple zips.
CWM has another backup type option dedupe(not a fan of it). Looks better...

Essentially about as technical as going from ICS to JB and JB to new JB. -_-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SilverL Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 11:51 PM |#8  
Emmanuel U's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Chi-Town Suburbs
Thanks Meter: 2,608
 
More
post the boardconfig.mk you used with this, let me see if you're missing any flags
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emmanuel U For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Emmanuel U Ad-Free
7th January 2013, 01:42 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc wildchild22

post the boardconfig.mk you used with this, let me see if you're missing any flags

Its the default one on TeamDS. Minor changes because I had to use that prebuild kernel. Its currently a mess. What do you think would be missing? Have you encountered any problems?
7th January 2013, 06:03 AM |#10  
butch87402's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag hartford
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverL

Its the default one on TeamDS. Minor changes because I had to use that prebuild kernel. Its currently a mess. What do you think would be missing? Have you encountered any problems?

When I turned on the theme prom and the emulate processes or something like that in twrp I had problems flaking a rom I even rebooted the recovery so I turned that option off then my roms flash again
Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
7th January 2013, 11:01 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Chesapeake
Thanks Meter: 839
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by butch87402

When I turned on the theme prom and the emulate processes or something like that in twrp I had problems flaking a rom I even rebooted the recovery so I turned that option off then my roms flash again
Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium

Exact options would be helpful...

Anyway. If you turned on a theme and the simulate actions for theme testing.

Then I assume the simulate options is what caused the not problem you had.


Quote:

Before you start creating a custom theme, you should tap on settings and tap the checkbox for "Simulate most actions for theme testing" to enable simualation mode. This setting will cause TWRP to simulate most actions including installing zips, backup, restore, partitioning sdcards, etc. In this mode you can safely test a theme without wearing out the memory chips on your device. There's also a checkbox for simulating failure that will appear on the settings page when you turn on simulation mode. This checkbox will cause TWRP to report a failure for all simulated actions instead of success so that you can provide the appropriate message on the screen. Don't forget to disable simulation mode when you're done!

- Source
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes