12/12/2011 OTA WI-FI Calling!

Search This thread

Android1126

Nov 23, 2010
New York
They also pushed Google Music, and I'm noticing a smart card service running now as well. A few other quirks, not just Wi-Fi calling.

Android1126

Nov 23, 2010
New York
I've got a stock amaze, but if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know. I'm at work, and haven't set up ADB on my work PC, but if anything, just let me know.

mylexon20s

Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Thank you xBoarder, Just wondering, will I be able to flash your update with your rom or mikes Android Revolution rom ??

mylexon20s

Jun 26, 2010
Florida
Thank you for the quick reply, you just saved me from screwing up the phone first thing in the morning without doing a backup lol. I am sooo pumped about this, because I've been having so much trouble with service in my house!!

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Last edited:
Reactions: djxspike

djxspike

Mar 8, 2009
Rainbow City, AL
benpike.net
nope that zip was for devs t look at

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.

Glad they finally pushed this out - I have a few customers who've been waiting for this update.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

You better take a close look at the zip file.

Within the file is a zip file called firmware.zip.

Within that file updates our recovery and hboot (along with a couple others).

HTC might be trying to take away our root with this. I'm going to wait.

...But why let us unlock the bootloader just to take away root?

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.

Glad they finally pushed this out - I have a few customers who've been waiting for this update.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

...But why let us unlock the bootloader just to take away root?

In order to install this you would have to re-lock your bootloader, go back to stock (with stock recovery), move this file to /sdcard2/download directory, boot back to hboot and then to recovery. That should work. Then just hope you can root unlock your bootloader again through htcdev so you can get root again.

EDIT: At first glance this will do the following:

Update our hboot, recovery, kernel, mdm9k partition, mdmrcdata partition, pg2fs_spcustom partition, rcdata partition (all from the firmware.zip file), add or change two files to our /system/etc directory, add or change /system/customize/resource directory, add the music2 app and it looks like it changes some 25 drivers (firmware directory).

Last edited:
Reactions: djxspike

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is it worth to go back to stock

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G
    no because i will be having a update for you guys to just flash from clockworkmod or twrp :D
    uploading 10 min :D
    Deodex tmobile 1.43.661.3: (make sure to flash kernel to get wifi back new kernel in this update ) http://www.multiupload.com/2M38U8LXLG
    MD5:14474c45867d01da74021e832531e5eb
    by recovery do you mean cwm recovery?

since it updated hboot, did that update the bootloader too? is it back to locked? if it does this should be the escape for those who are skeptical about voiding warranty on the phone with unlocked bootloader. Kind of interested in that radio update though.

Everything was updated.

I edited the android-info file with 1.43.531.3 and it seemed to work. I attached it below. No renaming required!

Since we cannot flash any radio updates without having s-off (correct me if I'm mistaken though) it might be wise to go back to the stock rom (flashing a ruu should be fine), download the update, flash it so it updates the hboot, radio, etc, then flash this 5.0.2.7 cwm recovery that I attached below, place it on the root of your sdcard and go back to hboot to update the recovery. Then go through and download and install your custom roms all over again. Pain in the butt... but whatever.
    well uploading build in hour for you guys :D