FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey everyone, welcome to viperMOD! Many people have had great success with this mod and I hope you enjoy my work

This is partially done as a Java app! If someone would like to help me finish it, please contact me!

Quote:

What does this do?

Kernel developers make their kernels to be "universal". By universal, they want the kernel to work on as many phones as possible so they may only mildly undervolt. However, some phones can handle a more aggressive undervolt. Some can't. viperMOD allows you to undervolt to your choosing for better battery life or allow you to overvolt to make your phone more stable.

Quote:

Standard Features

• Read voltage table
  • Lower frequencies by 25mv, 50mv, 75mv, or 100mv (incremental each time)
  • Raise frequencies by 25mv, 50mv, or 75mv (incremental each time)
  • Custom voltages for any frequency (with error checking - can't set voltages higher/lower than the next/prev frequency)
  • Reset voltages to kernel default
  • Read your init.d voltage file
  • Backup/Restore your settings

Cool Things to Know
  • Nice array list for frequencies (universal compatibility)
  • Lots of error checking (very hard to screw this up )
  • Should detect voltage tables that are in either millivolts (850) or microvolts (850000) when using the raise/lower features

Quote:

Compatibility

viperMOD will work with any kernel (Sense/AOSP/etc) that supports the vdd_table in either of these paths:

Code:
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/vdd_levels
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
This is standard in most HTC kernels. If you have a Samsung or other device, it likely will not have this path. However, I do plan to add support for as many devices as I can. More info on that in the second post

Quote:

How do I run this?

Once you flash the .zip go into your Terminal app (I use Android Terminal Emulator set to 10pt font) and type:

su
vipermod

(if you forget to type su, the script will attempt to run it as root anyway for you!) I really only use Terminal for this and there is something really cool you can do with Android Terminal Emulator (and maybe others). Menu > Preferences > Initial Command > type su > Press Enter again and type vipermod

Every time you start Terminal now, it will open right into viperMOD. You can quickly exit by pressing Enter if you need to use Terminal for something else

Quote:

Credit to:
- snq_ for initial vdd feature
- Cayniarb, Netarchy, bigrushdog for general help whenever I need it
- smw6180 for testing everything I can throw at him
- Ziggy for the adjustable sysfs interface

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
16th October 2012, 04:12 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 13,043

Donate to Me
More

Quote:

Changelog
v1 - 10.15.12

• viperMOD v1 Initial Release

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
16th October 2012, 04:12 AM |#3  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
How to get this working on an unsupported kernel

Quote:

If you have a kernel that isn't supported, you will see a message about it when you try to run viperMOD. This means that your kernel doesn't use a standard voltage table and viperMOD cannot adjust voltages. I do want to make this work on as many devices as possible, though. So if it is not working for you and you would like me to get it working, please tell me the following info:

• What device are you on?
  • What ROM are you on?
  • What kernel are you on? (Provide me a link to it, please)

If you want to be proactive about it, you can search the thread or ask the kernel dev about if their kernel has an sysfs for voltages. If so, I need the location of that table and any relevant info about it (if they interact with voltages different than normal, etc). I will try to track this down if you do not provide it, but it does make the process easier for me if you have this info already

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
16th October 2012, 04:21 AM |#4  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Meh, one more lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
16th October 2012, 05:20 AM |#5  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 116

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Well, let me be the first to say "Thanks!" I've been running ViperROM off and since the shooter days (which was soooooo long ago, right?) and you guys are always doing great stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to sturmen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sturmen Ad-Free
20th October 2012, 03:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unsupported Kernel Message
Getting the unsupported kernel message with the following configuration:

Device: Evo 4G
ROM: MokeeOS (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1696993)
Kernel: Mason-G-d15rc4-sbc-fso (http://devhost.xda-developers.com/AKd)

Thanks for your help!
16th October 2012, 05:36 AM |#7  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmen

Well, let me be the first to say "Thanks!" I've been running ViperROM off and since the shooter days (which was soooooo long ago, right?) and you guys are always doing great stuff.

Thanks a lot man, enjoy!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
16th October 2012, 06:45 AM |#8  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Hey, thanks for this option.. I would like to try...
1. Nexus One
2. Hypersense Nova : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1604957
3. Kernel: Kernel: 2.6.35.10-gb-sense v8 - by dbasabe

Does this help?
The Following User Says Thank You to Neo.Collin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Neo.Collin Ad-Free
16th October 2012, 07:53 AM |#9  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo.Collin

1. Nexus One

Does this help?

List above +1
16th October 2012, 06:56 AM |#10  
Flag PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo.Collin

1. Nexus One

Does this help?

Great, thanks. I will look into it for the next version. I'm assuming you get the unsupported message since you posted this? Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to -viperboy- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -viperboy- Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)