Search This thread

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list - to be updated

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

ROM: DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS - Not updated yet for 10.0 -- use Beta from link below
Platform: ARM64
Android: 10.0
OpenGapps-Beta

Device Source:
Device
Kernel
Vendor

First time installing crDroid to your HTC 10, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP is recommended)
1) Copy crDroid zip, GAPPS zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
8) Flash GAPPS
9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk v20.3 (whatever is most recent, Android 10 is now supported)

ROM Asking for Decryption key on boot:
This isn't a ROM issue, but an issue with your device. Kindly boot into TWRP and go to wipe - choose FORMAT - TYPE - YES
***This WILL wipe your INTERNAL storage. Backup before performing the format.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
1. SlowMo
2. SeLinux permissive
3. IMS - VOLTE

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed
- have modified system files

Thanks to:
- fagyi - Can't stress enough how much you do. Thank you so much for everything!!!
- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA
- AOSIP
- AICP
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you've been left out just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [10.0] crDroidAndroid v6.4[UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
andybones, Fagyi
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-11-02
Last Updated 2020-03-11

Last edited:

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Thanks a lot friend. Booting fine. I will install all apps and start to use it as soon as possible. By the way there is a more recent version of gapps Beta (06102019) for android 10. Here is the link. Maybe you can use it if it is suitable for the rom.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/20191006/

Very welcome my friend! Thanks for the feedback and the updated link to beta gaaps!

Thank you my friend. I was expecting this. :)
hopefully soon VoLTE works.

Very welcome!!

Huge thanks to you and everyone else who keeps supporting me!

Hoping for VoLTE for next build.
Will be working on it in a few days. :)

lhx_117

Jan 25, 2019
tangshan
Hello, I am a VZW user, the latest version refresh very good, boot no signal, prompt: removed SIM card, will later appear have added SIM card. Then I turn on flight mode. Then use the keyboard to enter * # * # 4636 # * * to view mobile phone information, try telecommunication access point, signal recovery, restart mobile phone signal loss. The above steps must be repeated to achieve the signal, thank you for your tireless efforts. Come on!

Reactions: andybones

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hello, I am a VZW user, the latest version refresh very good, boot no signal, prompt: removed SIM card, will later appear have added SIM card. Then I turn on flight mode. Then use the keyboard to enter * # * # 4636 # * * to view mobile phone information, try telecommunication access point, signal recovery, restart mobile phone signal loss. The above steps must be repeated to achieve the signal, thank you for your tireless efforts. Come on!

Thank you so very much for figuring this out and sharing for us Verizon users!
Hopefully can get it fixed up for the next release!

Sir-Shadow

Feb 26, 2012
Isfahan
huh? crDroid? ?
Never have used it before.
But I've heard good things about it, will flash it soon.
Thanks you for this ROM?

kursatgoker

Nov 8, 2012
I start to use it with all my apps. It is too early to give info about battery life. I can say it is fast, fluent. Only thing I see is quick charge is not working. While charging, it is writing "Charging" at the %35 percent. Normally at %35 percentage it was writing "quick charging". This is the first time charging after installing the rom. I will see it in the following days.

I am pretty happy before with Crdroid 5.8 + Cleanslate kernel. I had tried the previous CrDroid Q with cleanslate kernel for pie and it booted. But I did not used it much. I will try the stock fagyi kernel first and then try it with cleanslate kernel. I will write the accubattery measuring in the following dates.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I start to use it with all my apps. It is too early to give info about battery life. I can say it is fast, fluent. Only thing I see is quick charge is not working. While charging, it is writing "Charging" at the %35 percent. Normally at %35 percentage it was writing "quick charging". This is the first time charging after installing the rom. I will see it in the following days.

I am pretty happy before with Crdroid 5.8 + Cleanslate kernel. I had tried the previous CrDroid Q with cleanslate kernel for pie and it booted. But I did not used it much. I will try the stock fagyi kernel first and then try it with cleanslate kernel. I will write the accubattery measuring in the following dates.

Thanks for the feedback!
Are you able to test and see how long it takes for full change.
Should be able to tell if it's quick charging or not, it may just be the wrong text and not saying so, but it's still quick charging.
And it's always good to remember Q is new and things will keep getting better and better. So P I'll keep updating but I think it may be final as far as security updates so may not be anything to build as nothing is new and all devs are focused on Q.
Seems so as P I just updated and nothing was new for about a week or more and was bumped to v5.9 and Q is v6.0

So yea, depending on the person, may want to use P until a few more builds come and bugs and features get added and go.
:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeataol

mikeataol

Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the feedback!
Are you able to test and see how long it takes for full change.
Should be able to tell if it's quick charging or not, it may just be the wrong text and not saying so, but it's still quick charging.
And it's always good to remember Q is new and things will keep getting better and better. So P I'll keep updating but I think it may be final as far as security updates so may not be anything to build as nothing is new and all devs are focused on Q.
Seems so as P I just updated and nothing was new for about a week or more and was bumped to v5.9 and Q is v6.0

So yea, depending on the person, may want to use P until a few more builds come and bugs and features get added and go.
:cool:

I'm doing a TWRP backup now, and will test the battery using AccuBattery charging on 9 and after I install 10.
(dropping this here so I can find it later. Will likely be an hour or two)

Edit 1:
I use this HTC 10 WiFi only so I cant test cell/4GE connectivity without doing some special things I'm unlikely to do

as a test I installed this as I would if here was just a ROM update from CRDroid 9

Wipe/system/cache/dalvik (I left data intact)
Install ROM
Reboot to recovery
Install the Beta Opengapps from post 1
reboot to recovery
Install Magisk 20
Pleased to see /data survived intact, all my apps are there ,

Contacts Storage complained shortly after reboot and a recurring "android.process.acore" flashes every 10 seconds or so.
couldnt connect to WiFi "failed to save network"
rebooted the device to give it a second chance.

to thepoint of the test really

accubattery does show a diminished charging rate on Q compared to P
(the numbers do fluctuate but these are representative)
1st img - P 2nd img Q after leaving it charging for about 5 minutes each time
why the current is similiar but the %/hr. is halved, I dont know.

I just did this to give a quick look at the rom .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191104-224234.jpg
    Screenshot_20191104-224234.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Screenshot_20191104-231301_AccuBattery.png
    Screenshot_20191104-231301_AccuBattery.png
    114 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I'm doing a TWRP backup now, and will test the battery using AccuBattery charging on 9 and after I install 10.

Edit 1:
I use this HTC 10 WiFi only so I cant test cell/4GE connectivity without doing some special things I'm unlikely to do

as a test I installed this as I would if here was just a ROM update from CRDroid 9

Install ROM
Reboot to recovery
reboot to recovery
Install Magisk 20

Contacts Storage complained shortly after reboot and a recurring "android.process.acore" flashes every 10 seconds or so.

Thanks for the tests and feedback my friend!
Was interested also if P to Q would work. Actually somewhat surprised that it Booted!
For someone like me who has less than 30 apps to download I kinda prefer doing clean flash every once in awhile, but those with much more, or just doing something kind like this, certainly good to know! But yea any fc you ran into was because P and Q are so different.

Hopefully next build will fix the ril so you don't need to do any edits for 4g. Fagyi is updating his github soon, or possibly already did, unfortunately stuck in bed right now with Sinus and stomach issues.

Ill have to maybe ask fagyi about the charging, unless someone can let me know if it's also a lin17 issue. If confirmed to just crdroidQ, could be something that'll come in upstrram, or something I need to fix.

Unfortunately I'm tied to N until the 10th.

So can't thank you enough for going through the paces and giving such great feedback!

Eek, just had the old htc 10 reboot at 35% boot with 1%..
Hoping it's because of flashing and forgetting to charge to 100% rather the 80% that I have been doing for 1+ year.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeataol

abdullahsulman

Nov 21, 2013

Edit 1:

Install ROM
Reboot to recovery
reboot to recovery
Install Magisk 20

Thanks for the tests and feedback my friend!
Was interested also if P to Q would work. Actually somewhat surprised that it Booted!
For someone like me who has less than 30 apps to download I kinda prefer doing clean flash every once in awhile, but those with much more, or just doing something kind like this, certainly good to know! But yea any fc you ran into was because P and Q are so different.

Hopefully next build will fix the ril so you don't need to do any edits for 4g. Fagyi is updating his github soon, or possibly already did, unfortunately stuck in bed right now with Sinus and stomach issues.

Ill have to maybe ask fagyi about the charging, unless someone can let me know if it's also a lin17 issue. If confirmed to just crdroidQ, could be something that'll come in upstrram, or something I need to fix.

Unfortunately I'm tied to N until the 10th.

So can't thank you enough for going through the paces and giving such great feedback!

Eek, just had the old htc 10 reboot at 35% boot with 1%..
Hoping it's because of flashing and forgetting to charge to 100% rather the 80% that I have been doing for 1+ year.

hi @andybones sorry my friend I have been unable to test CR droid 6 till now .. coz initial build had booting issues so i went for LOS 17 meanwhile boot was fixed ... for now i am testing latest LOS build (the one with Gapps included) ... will test CR deoid 6 in few days now...

Meanwhile regarding battery I dont see any difference between any P roms and LOS 17. It seems as if in second pic from mikeataol the charging speed has been slowed down to decrease temp and preserve battery .. On Q roms i am getting current 1.5-2A @4.4 volts during early phase of battery charging .. (as later stage of charging is slower)
technically if u are using fagyi kernel Charging shouldnt be an issue in Crdroid 6 .. (or it might be a cosmetic glitch where it displays lower current when in reality its fast charging)

Last edited:

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
hi @andybones sorry my friend I have been unable to test CR droid 6 till now .. coz initial build had booting issues so i went for LOS 17 meanwhile boot was fixed ... for now i am testing latest LOS build (the one with Gapps included) ... will test CR deoid 6 in few days now...

Meanwhile regarding battery I dont see any difference between any P roms and LOS 17. It seems as if in second pic from mikeataol the charging speed has been slowed down to decrease temp and preserve battery .. On Q roms i am getting current 1.5-2A @4.4 volts during early phase of battery charging .. (as later stage of charging is slower)
technically if u are using fagyi kernel Charging shouldnt be an issue in Crdroid 6 .. (or it might be a cosmetic glitch where it displays lower current when in reality its fast charging)

No worries my friend!! As long as you are on a ROM that's to your liking and happy, especially by the amazing fagyi, I'm happy. :)
(never liked how devs fault for users in the past).

I appreciate the insight on tge charging and battery. And I agree on your thoughts. Looking forward to updating build once fagyi upfated with VoLTE fixes, then it should be pretty good to go as a daily, if not already is. I wish I could flash it. Stuck on N til 9th.

Really want to replace my battery/screen but have a feeling ill destroy the device. Lol. Getting tough with the 35% battery loss on random reboot :(

Thanks for your continued support man!

-----------

P.S. For anyone like me trying to extend battery without the extra effort. I can confirm this app works on N firmware and should be fine on O with P and Q.

https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-battery-warner-t3560920

kursatgoker

Nov 8, 2012
Hello everybody. I used CrDroid 6.0 with stock kernel and get 1 hour 21 minutes SOT in 18 hours. Formerly I got 2hours 30 minutes SOT with CrDroid 5.8 with cleanslate kernel. Then I switched to CrDroid 6.0 with cleanslate kernel for P. And I got 2 hours SOT in 24 hours. As far as I see from the detailed app usage in accubattery, app usage is similar between two. Have a nice day. By the way in accubattery battery health measures %68 (2046mAh).

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hello everybody. I used CrDroid 6.0 with stock kernel and get 1 hour 21 minutes SOT in 18 hours. Formerly I got 2hours 30 minutes SOT with CrDroid 5.8 with cleanslate kernel. Then I switched to CrDroid 6.0 with cleanslate kernel for P. And I got 2 hours SOT in 24 hours. As far as I see from the detailed app usage in accubattery, app usage is similar between two. Have a nice day. By the way in accubattery battery health measures %68 (2046mAh).

Thanks for the review.
This is with a charge from 100%?

I can get about 2.5 hours from 80% down to 15%.
I don't like to go above 80 or below 5%.
This has helped keep my battery health at about 70% for over a year.
But if I do go to 100% I can get 4 hours sot.

It's getting to that time when we are going to have to decide about replacing the battery, or the device.

If it gets really bad I would have to unfortunately suggest you go back to Nougat.
I can still get 4 hour sot from 80-10%.

Also accubattery says 72% on N and 66% on O (firmware)

I still am curious if it'd be better or not getting P or Q running on N firmware as our O stinks.

kursatgoker

Nov 8, 2012
Hello again. Because of the low SOT I was using from 100 to 20. But as of tomorrow, I changed rom to the ViperROM nougat with cleanslate kernel. I had used ViperRom nougat for nearly 6 months from January 2019-June 2019 and I was pretty happy with that. This time I swithced to the cleanslate kernel. Anyway have a nice time.

andybones

May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Hello again. Because of the low SOT I was using from 100 to 20. But as of tomorrow, I changed rom to the ViperROM nougat with cleanslate kernel. I had used ViperRom nougat for nearly 6 months from January 2019-June 2019 and I was pretty happy with that. This time I swithced to the cleanslate kernel. Anyway have a nice time.

Did you come to say you are using ViperROM...
or this ROM with cleanslate kernel?

Either way, I am happy with, whatever ROM you are happy on. :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list - to be updated

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

ROM: DOWNLOAD ROM

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS - Not updated yet for 10.0 -- use Beta from link below
    Platform: ARM64
    Android: 10.0
    OpenGapps-Beta

Device Source:
    Device
    Kernel
    Vendor

First time installing crDroid to your HTC 10, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP is recommended)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, GAPPS zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash GAPPS
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk v20.3 (whatever is most recent, Android 10 is now supported)

ROM Asking for Decryption key on boot:
    This isn't a ROM issue, but an issue with your device. Kindly boot into TWRP and go to wipe - choose FORMAT - TYPE - YES
    ***This WILL wipe your INTERNAL storage. Backup before performing the format.

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    1. SlowMo
    2. SeLinux permissive
    3. IMS - VOLTE

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:
    - fagyi - Can't stress enough how much you do. Thank you so much for everything!!!
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA
    - AOSIP
    - AICP
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you've been left out just send a PM )

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [10.0] crDroidAndroid v6.4[UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    andybones, Fagyi
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2019-11-02
    Last Updated 2020-03-11
    crDroidAndroid-10.0-20200211-pme-v6.3