[GUIDE] Gain Root Access v3 (3 Methods!)

Search This thread

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Hello people,

This is for Mi Note Pro (leo)
Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for any devices being bricked, your device blowing up or world war 3 starting! You are doing this at your own risk.
A lot of people ask how to gain root on the Mi Note Pro without actually searching the posts so I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to do it. This is the way I have done it and I have found it to be the easiest way! :)

1st Method (THE EASIEST AND SAFEST!)

1. Go to http://en.miui.com/download-273.html and download the Developer ROM
gqG4vgU.png

2. If you have downloaded the file through your phone it will be in the Download folder, if not plug your phone into the PC and move the .zip file over to your device.

3. Open Updater app, tap on 3 dots to open the menu and tap on Choose update package
7BaPSdm.png

4. Navigate to where you have put in the zip file and click on it and let the phone update. (This will wipe all your data apart from pictures etc.)

5. Once it has loaded go through the setup. Open Security app > Permissions > Root Access.. There you are all done :)
1uQELPo.png
Make sure you open an app that requires root access first before going to Security app as it will not show up on there.

2nd Method (Advanced Users!)(Temporary TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
fastboot driver (Link attached)

common sense
mi note pro!

1. First of all download all the things you need. Which are fastboot driver, twrp and supersu. All links are above ^ Copy SuperSu over to your device and keep other files on your PC
2. Power off your device and turn it back on by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time. This will get you into fastboot menu.
3. Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
4. Open up the Command Promt and navigate to the location of your fastboot driver. Mine is C:/adb so I would type cd C:/adb in the command promt
5. Now type in fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly.
6. Extract the TWRP zip so you have just the .img file. Place it inside same folder as fastboot. I tend to rename it to twrp.img (makes lifes easier)
7. Type fastboot boot twrp.img
8. Now your phone should boot into TWRP!! :D Go to install and flash the SuperSU zip.
9. Reboot and you are all rooted with Stock Recovery and Stable ROM!

3rd Method (Advanced Users!)(Permanent TWRP Recovery)

Requirements:
fastboot driver

common sense
mi note pro!

1. First of all download all the things you need. Which are fastboot driver, twrp and supersu. All links are above ^ Copy SuperSu over to your device and keep other files on your PC
2. Power off your device and turn it back on by holding Power button and Volume Down at the same time. This will get you into fastboot menu.
3.Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
4. Open up the Command Promt and navigate to the location of your fastboot driver. Mine is C:/adb so I would type cd C:/adb in the command promt
5. Now type in fastboot devices just to make sure that your device is listed correctly.
6. Extract the TWRP zip so you have just the .img file. Place it inside same folder as fastboot. I tend to rename it to twrp.img (makes lifes easier)
7. Type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
8. Now your phone should boot into TWRP!! :D Go to install and flash the SuperSU zip.
9. Reboot and you are all rooted with TWRP recovery, the only problem is that your OTA updates will break. You can flash them manually, when Updater downloads an update go into TWRP>Install and navigate to downloaded_rom folder

In case you need to go back to stock Recovery because you have flashed TWRP Permanently please follow instructions on this thread.http://en.miui.com/thread-124319-1-1.html

Last edited:

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
I followed ur step but no show root access...
Did I miss anything?

Well their Root Access works a bit different to SuperSU instead of popping up with a box promting you to give root access what you have to do is open the app the requires root access, do an action that needs root access then you go to Security > Premissions > Root Access and you have to grant it then.

nick5000

Jul 31, 2010
Is only way to root to do a full wipe?
Can we still do normal updates after installing this developer rom?

Kahun

Sep 25, 2013
Ipswich
Yup you get newest weekly updates and they work perfectly fine! I'm on 5.7.2 currently

tantariq

Jul 13, 2007
Is it equally safe to flash the latest 1.0.0 supersu from chainfire? Is there any compatibility constraints? or are all version compatible with all devices? thanks for shedding some light into this

sfulev

Oct 3, 2015
Berlin
Problem with Method 1

Hi People /Mr. Kahun ,

I'm absolutely new but i would like to root my :
Mi Note Pro
Android 5.0.2.
MIUI 66.55.44.00

because some original programs make me creasy . I tried method 1. I followed your steps, i downloaded different DEVELOPER Rom (5.9.10 and 5.9.17) , but i had always with the step 4 the message GETTING INFO ..... and this is the end of the process .....

PLEASE PLEASE tell ma what can i do to root the device .
Thank you in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people,

Disclaimer:
    I'm not responsible for any devices being bricked, your device blowing up or world war 3 starting! You are doing this at your own risk.
    A lot of people ask how to gain root on the Mi Note Pro without actually searching the posts so I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to do it. This is the way I have done it and I have found it to be the easiest way! :)

gqG4vgU.png

2. If you have downloaded the file through your phone it will be in the Download folder, if not plug your phone into the PC and move the .zip file over to your device.

3. Open Updater app, tap on 3 dots to open the menu and tap on Choose update package
    7BaPSdm.png

4. Navigate to where you have put in the zip file and click on it and let the phone update. (This will wipe all your data apart from pictures etc.)

5. Once it has loaded go through the setup. Open Security app > Permissions > Root Access.. There you are all done :)
    1uQELPo.png
    Make sure you open an app that requires root access first before going to Security app as it will not show up on there.

Requirements:

common sense
    mi note pro!

3. Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.

Requirements:
    fastboot driver

common sense
    mi note pro!

3.Woohoo great now what you will have to do is plug your phone to your PC using a usb cable.
    9. Reboot and you are all rooted with TWRP recovery, the only problem is that your OTA updates will break. You can flash them manually, when Updater downloads an update go into TWRP>Install and navigate to downloaded_rom folder

In case you need to go back to stock Recovery because you have flashed TWRP Permanently please follow instructions on this thread.http://en.miui.com/thread-124319-1-1.html
    I followed ur step but no show root access...
    Did I miss anything?
    Yea step 5
    Tried two times the whole process: it doesn't work with MIUI 8.
    Have to update the OP.
    Correct way to root (From my experience)

Hello people,

Disclaimer:

gqG4vgU.png

7BaPSdm.png

1uQELPo.png

Requirements:

common sense
    mi note pro!

Requirements:
    fastboot driver

common sense
    mi note pro!

Please follow the instructions given in this cool blog by me https://mobileandpcgethelp.home.blog/