FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]Droid X GingerAle 3.0 Stable Release!

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By smyers1012, Senior Member on 19th May 2011, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2011, 05:16 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infazzdar

I'm currently on vacation but when I he back it'll be as good as gold

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

Sounds good! Enjoy your vacation!

26th June 2011, 10:00 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
BIG NEWS!
Okay everyone. Just incase anyone was wondering what I have been up to lately, I've been keeping quiet about my projects. My main project is what I think you guys will be excited about. GingerAle 4.0... I would take the time to fix bugs and everything on 3.0 and make it 3.5 or whatever but I'm going to just take one big leap here. I've been coming up with ideas on how to makes this a spectacular ROM some of the sneak peaks that I will tell you about are these.

-It will be on the 2 part .596 Build from P3Droid
-It will include more than 1 themed launcher
-It will have new boot animations
-New Boot Logo
-I am going to edit XML's more heavily now to edit progress bar colors and things of that nature
-More Apps Pre-Installed
-Bugless (If possible)
-and VERY VERY VERY fan based...

Which gets me to my very next point...

I'd like to hear from you the things you would like included in this ROM. The theming you'd like to see, the launchers in it, the icons, how far of an extent do you want me to theme it (apps like market, music, etc.).

I'm also coming up with an idea for an Application that you can install on your phone and download my ROM's and Goodies off of. I may need to talk to a very skilled developer about that. I may have a premium version for Betas and things like that, but for now just consider it all being free!

I really want to WOW people with this ROM and to have one of the Best ROMs on GB for the DX. Please leave your suggestions and ideas below and I'm going to get started in a couple of days once I've gathered everyone's ideas!

Thanks,
Sean Myers
27th June 2011, 07:52 PM |#103  
Flag South GA
Thanks Meter: 49

Donate to Me
More
i get error when flashing your rom... i get into default recovery. coming from rooted 2.2.1 n error says whole-signature error and installation aborts.. not sure whats going on.. i know i have root cause after doing full wipe/factory reset n it reboots, it has superuser already installed.. any advice?
28th June 2011, 02:02 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member

More
By Default Recvoery do you mean Clockworkmod??? If so use DX Bootstrap..It will only work with that
28th June 2011, 06:47 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member

More
I need some opinions or else I'm gonna have to do things the way I like them to look and I'm sure thats not what people want me to do!
29th June 2011, 04:27 AM |#106  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyers1012

I need some opinions or else I'm gonna have to do things the way I like them to look and I'm sure thats not what people want me to do!

Include a tool box of sorts or allow for different collide for either the task bar, keyboard, launcher, blah blah blah. Or create different preset themes for us to edit to our liking.

Just saying, customization is key! Otherwise, rom is real nice! Keep up the good work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
29th June 2011, 04:58 AM |#107  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhugh406

Include a tool box of sorts or allow for different collide for either the task bar, keyboard, launcher, blah blah blah. Or create different preset themes for us to edit to our liking.

Just saying, customization is key! Otherwise, rom is real nice! Keep up the good work.

definately something im looking into i just need some help in doing it.
1st July 2011, 12:58 AM |#108  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:

definately something im looking into i just need some help in doing it.

If I actually knew how to, id offer my input, however, I is not. Haha

1st July 2011, 03:15 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhugh406

If I actually knew how to, id offer my input, however, I is not. Haha

Yeah haha thanks I appreciate it. Source apps can be tough...I'm gonna talk to Jrummy and someone from Fission or P3droid and find the best way to make a ROM manager
3rd July 2011, 12:42 PM |#110  
Flag nanchang jx province
Thanks Meter: 1

More
very nice.thanks
3rd July 2011, 07:11 PM |#111  
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Exclamation Universal ROM Droid X AND Milestone X?
Quote:

I'm coming from a T-Mobile HTC HD2 which I ran Pongster's HyperDroid-GBX. It is an amazing ROM which was based on GB and ran very fast and stable.
I recently switched to another company (Open Mobile PR) and got a Milestone X but found that there is no specific development for it. Is it possible that you could make a ROM that could be used on both the Milestone X and Droid X?
Also look into what Pongster did to his ROM (I really believe it is one of the fastest and most stable)?

Thanks in advanced!

P.S.
I believe this will revive the Droid X Forums since the Milestone X was released recently on many small CDMA carriers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)