[APP][OUTDATED]One Click Lag Fix APK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

glaucocastro

Oct 13, 2010
Well,

I think I have tryed all the possibles ways, but with no luck. Everytime I try it, whenI boot the phone it stays in the black screen with all the buttons light up, and vibranting twice every couple of seconds. Fortunently, I could hard reset and have my phone back. I would really like to have my lag fixed, but I don`t know what to do. If anyone have any suggestion, I would appreciate it.

Galaxy S Vibrant
Model: SGH-T959
Firmware: 2.2
Baseband version: T959UKVA6
Kernel: 2.6.32.9
Build: FROYO.UVKA6

Thanks,
Glauco

Pisca

Feb 23, 2008
Might be around but I couldn't find it, how to disable OCLF Lag Fix, just Undo at the menu ?

tubbytubby

Jan 15, 2011
Fix on galaxy i9000 in the us

You rock brother. Im running the fix on a u.s. Sgs i9000. I updated to the official froyo update. "sad trumpet noises!!!!" thanks to your lag fix its all better now. I am now re-impressed with sgs. Thanks again brother for idiot proofing it for those of us who don't know the ins and outs of computers and phones :d , keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is now deprecated in favor of the APK2 thread.
    APK2 thread can be found here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=784691

This is an APK (Normal Android App) that will install an EXT2 lag fix for you.

The APK itself can support a number of different lag fixes, but currently only a simple EXT2 lag fix is available in it.

Currently Included Lag Fixes:

Root + Superuser - The APK includes an update.zip that will root+superuser your device. Android 2.1 does not support auto-running/recovery mode from apps, so you will have to manually enter recovery mode. Android 2.2 does support this, so it may be added in the future.

EXT2Tools - This installs the correct busybox and some ext2 tools for checking the filesystem, etc.

OneClickLagFix V1+ - The included lag fix is called 'OneClickLagFix V1+' and is a heavily checked version of the original 1.0 One Click Lag Fix Script. It contains additional checking, the app and app-private folders, as well as filesystem checking on boot. It has a slider that controls how much space the lagfix will use. Further to right will mean you can install more apps, but you may have to remove some when undoing the lagfix. Further to the left means less space for new apps, but will make it much easier to uninstall.

OneClickLagFix V1+ Remover - This should painlessly remove the lag fix for you.

Space Checker - You can check the amount of free space still available for apps after the lag fix is installed using the option in the app. Works for all lag fixes.

Change Scheduler - Changes the kernel I/O scheduler. More details in app.

What is this lag fix version for?

A lot of people have trouble with the script versions. This aims to make a simple lag fix that anybody can use. It has a lot of checks, and does not remove any files that the system is using. This hopefully means that this lag fix will cause zero problems. In the event that a lag fix fails, the app should undo the lag fix and leave your device as it started. You will have the option to mail the log to the lag fix developer (me in the case of the stock lag fixes).

This is currently in RELEASE status. Feel free to report any issues/bugs in this thread!

How to use this:

Copy over the APK file onto your phone, and run/install it as normal using 'My Files'. There will be a 'One Click Lag Fix' app installed. Run that, and select the option you want!

The app will automatically kill all running tasks, and enable flight mode. You should probably not use the device while the lag fix is running. If you accidentally hit back or home by mistake, re-enter the app and re-select the lag fix. It should still be running.

Vibrant users who are having issues can check out this awesome writeup: http://jjroid.wordpress.com/2010/08/25/one-click-lag-fix-for-samsung-galaxy-s-vibrant/

Notes on V1+

You may see a delayed splash screen on boot. This is because the EXT2 filesystem is being checked at this point.
    Quadrant scores should be around 2100.
    Use the included uninstall option before applying an OTA update, or updating using Kies. Updates using Odin will overwrite the lagfix.
    You do not need to reinstall this lagfix when the app is updated. The version on the V1+ lagfix itself has not changed. You will only need to reinstall for V2 or other changes. Coming soon.

Android Market
    Kryptyx has uploaded the app to the android market - It is listed as "RyanZA's One Click Lag Fix".

1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 Updates

New options:
    + Captivate Jupiter GPS Logging fix for certain firmwares.
    + Unroot
    + Restore boot logo
    Fixes:
    - Restore boot logo now correctly sets permissions.
    - Fixed about dialog.
    - EXT2Tools fix should now properly create the required directory.
    - Buffer is now correctly 100mb for minimum size, and 200mb for maximum size.

1.5 Updates

New Options
    + Remove EXT2 Tools
    Fixes
    - Certain actions can now be forced
    - Root/Unroot options can now correctly write the update.zip file
    - Fixed busybox missing message for installing OCLF - now prompts to install EXT2Tools

1.5.1-1.5.5 Updates

New Options
    + Change Scheduler
    Fixes
    - Hopefully the broken pipe issue is fixed.
    - New Icon by Kryptyx.
    - Scheduler now affects all block devices. Will skip non-present devices.

1.6.0 Updates

New Features
    + Main view has tabs now: 'All', 'Enabled', 'Disabled'
    New Options
    + Install Font option - EXPERIMENTAL

1.6.5 Updates

New Features
    + GUI Updates to help make the interface more understandable
    + 'Set On Boot' option for 'Change Scheduler' to automatically re-apply the selected scheduler on boot.
    + Adverts on the main page. These can be permanently disabled by pressing 'menu' on the main page and choosing to disable them. Feel free to click em before doing that. :)
    Changes
    - Default EXT2 size slider is now in the middle instead of the far right.

1.6.6 Updates

New Features
    + Option to repair / clean up any known lagfix issues.
    Fixes
    - Unroot will now work on any device (including Captivate), and on any firmware.

1.6.7 Updates

New Features
    + Minfree settings (Like autokiller)
    + New help dialog

1.6.7 Known Issues

If you use up more space inside the EXT2 than is available outside the EXT2, you will have to remove apps/delete data until you have enough space to copy your data back when you want to uninstall. To help avoid this, don't set the space bar all the way on the far right.

On Froyo (Android 2.2) this lag fix will refuse to install if the apps2sd feature is in use. The error you will see if Apps2SD is in use on installation will be that the loopback cannot be mounted.
    Workaround: In order to install the lagfix on froyo, you will need to set each app that is on the external SD back to regular. Once the lagfix is installed, you can move apps back to the SD.

FAQ

A FAQ about what this lag fix does is available here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7620940&postcount=2

Donations

Since a lot of people have been asking, I set up a paypal account and got a donate link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...=PP-DonationsBF:btn_donateCC_LG.gif:NonHosted
    Feel free to donate if you want, but I'm happy if you don't donate too. :)
    Full Source Code is available under GPLv3 at http://code.google.com/p/oclf/
    i applied the lag fix and it seemed to go ok, but the phone wont restart now, it hangs on the logo screen and just vibrates?

I had the same problem. Did a factory reset from recovery mode (Vol+, HOME, Power). Lost all apps and user data but restored the phone from eth dead:). Not sure what to do now - still want to fix lag as its terrible. My Build number is FROYO.XWJPA
    The steps that I took which led to the problem was to use Z4Root Temporary Root, followed by OCLF both downloaded from marketplace. The Temp root may be part of eth problem but curiously, I could not find Z4ROOT or the OCLF apps on the market yesterday at all. Not sure what's happened.
    Any ideas anyone?

Update: This is how I fixed my Galaxy S Froyo 2.2

Hi Guys
    I have just improved my Galaxy S from a Quadrant score of 900 to an impressive 1900+.
    And all lag issues seem to have gone away – it performs like I would have expected of this high-end phone. (Samsung, you should be fixing this and not your customers)

With RyanZA’s One Click Lag Fix (OCLF) now available on the Market again (Dec 11, 2010) albeit without the root capability (this had to be removed to comply with Market rules apparently), I have successfully lag fixed my Galaxy S (Froyo 2.2). Thanks RyanZA (donation coming).

I downloaded the Z4ROOT.APK file from the XDA forum and copied it to my external SD card (by using a simple card reader in my PC). This rooting utility is not on the Market anymore. You need to root your phone for the lag fix to work. I include the steps below.

When I previously tried the lag fix, I knackered my phone leaving it with a dark screen and occasional vibrations. I had to restore to factory settings using the 3-button method (Vol+, HOME, POWER pressed simultaneously, then selected restore.). So this time I was taking no chances .
    Preparation:
    Download the following free apps – Quadrant Standard, AppBackup, OCLF and App Installer(by CDROID)
    Ideally get an external SD card to use for your backups and to allow you copy Z4ROOT to your phone.
    1. Check the performance of your phone using free app Quadrant Standard. Run the Full Benchmark. It will need to be online to give you an actual comparative score and I scored 900 before starting.
    2. Backup all apps (especially if you have any paid apps). I downloaded App Backup from the Market which worked a treat. It creates a folder called APPBACKUP which I copied to my external SD card to safeguard my apps in the event that I might have to restore to Factory again.
    3. Check that the AppInstaller will work on your phone (one of them did not work for me but this version by CDROID worked a treat). To check it works, uninstall one of your apps that you have backed up as per #2 above. Run AppInstaller and navigate to the APPBACKUP directory in your internal SD card and try to install the app again.

ROOT your phone:

If all of the above goes well you should be able install the Z4ROOT app using the AppInstaller by the same method. Root your phone by any method you wish – I used Z4ROOT as follows.

Important - Before running Z4ROOT, re-boot your phone. It prevents a hang of the Z4ROOT app.
    Run the app Z4ROOT - Choose ROOT rather than TEMPORARY ROOT.
    If the app does hang on the initial screen simply pull the battery and restart the app.

Your phone will re-boot as part of the rooting process and an app called Superuser will appear in your apps. If it does not, the rooting has not worked and you will need to resolve that before proceeding any further.

Apply OCLF:

1. Remove your External SD card if you have one – Settings >> SD Card and phone storage >>Unmount SD Card. Remove SD card.
    2. With your phone Rooted, run the OCLF. (A banner saying the app is looking for Superuser access will pop up. Click allow to proceed).

The OCLF has 3 tabs. ALL, Available, Unavailable. Items in Red are unavailable and Green are available.
    3. Check your free space by clicking on this and pressing ‘Fire it up’. You will need to set up an amount of available space for the OCLF to work and the ideally is between 800 – 1000MB. So you will need more than this on your internal SD card.
    4. The first thing to do is install the EXT2 files. Select this option and follow the onscreen instructions.
    5. Next, run the OCLF utility.

Job done.

Now test your device using Quadrant again. I improved my performance to over 1900....excellent.
    To unROOT your phone or to undo the fix, simply run the OCLF utility again.

Hope this helps...
    Thanks to RyanZA for his programming skills.
    Does this one have the same backup issue as your other one?

Backups should work fine. Give me a heads up if they don't. :)
    EDIT: Backups should also work in the other lag fixes. People report them as working, so...
    This is the same error im getting. I'm Running Eugene Vibrant6 rom and when i installed this i already had the root option disabled since im rooted.

I did the EXT2 and then the other options are all disabled except the check disc.

My Check disc is currently 1705mb out of 1917bm free.

Should i go back to my regular ROM or is this messing anything up on my phone?

You can try the new version in the first post, it has an option to restore the boot logo. If it works or not on Eugene rom is another story, but feel free to test it. ;)