[GUIDE] Acer Liquid E1 All-In-One Guide [UPDATED 03- 07- 2013]

Search This thread

Brick3d

Mar 1, 2013
Zeeland
Acer Liquid E1 All in One thread; Rooting, Recovery and Kernel, Roms and Unbricking

Disclaimer
We are Not responsible if you brick your device or lose your data. Rooting is done at own risk and we are not the ones to blame for messing up your phone. When you rooted this phone, you lost your warranty. Vache and Paugustin provided a way to restore your device to stock in case you mess up, and I've made a tutorial on that which you can find at the beginning of this thread.

If you have any question, feel free to reply, or leave a PM. I am always open for suggestions!
Of course, if you get stuck somewhere in the process, tell us! but don't forget to tell us exactly what you did, what the screen shows, and what files you used.

Here is a simple overview of the thread for you so you can quick acces all posts:

The user iulian1421 has been kind enough to provice me with a zipped Nandroid backup. This means that we now have acces to both dual-sim, and single-sim firmwares. If you want to give it a try, flash the CWM recovery, unzip this file and place it in SD card. apply the backup through CWM restore option.

mega.co.nz/#!V0YDXTKA!I2H1biA_NzBzFUbORHv020gzpQpcZzl5XcroeTQ Dpbg

People who contributed in this project, and helped me out big time :highfive:
  • Brick3d
  • Vache
  • Paugustin
  • iulian1421
  • Master Shifu Yuweng
  • Pratikmore
  • Socr4te @ Needrom

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
When I pulled out the battery and connected the device to the laptop, the led on the top front turned blue, but then it sudenly turned off. Also, my laptop won't see any type of device in the Device Manager as it sais in the first post, the one with MTK device and urecognized device. I've tried installing some drivers, but there's still no success.

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
When I pulled out the battery and connected the device to the laptop, the led on the top front turned blue, but then it sudenly turned off. Also, my laptop won't see any type of device in the Device Manager as it sais in the first post, the one with MTK device and urecognized device. I've tried installing some drivers, but there's still no success.

My V360 / E1 died many years ago so can't help much, but did you try what is described in the unbricking tutorial Brick3d created for situations like this?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39293936&postcount=3

Regards,

Nika.

Oct 20, 2014
Thank you for your answer!

The phone fails to flash also with the method you have mentioned. Everything works smooth until I flash the recovery.img. It sais that the phone doesn't support flashing the recovery. Also, when trying to flash the ROM my phone's screen writes DOWNLOAD ERROR.

Any other suggestions?

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
I wish I could help you, maybe someone else? Without the actual device I wouldn't really know what to do and honestly don't remember how this device worked... (other than what's in the threads).

So... anyone else any helpful tips?

kavahn777

Jan 3, 2015
Busy with port MIUI 6

Hi, first of all, I'm noob in this, my v360 is also first phone I rooted etc.
But I'm tryin' to port MIUI 6 to phone (I have Liquid E1 DUO) so it will be for dualsim.
I'm currently at modifying the updater-script, but I need device codes f.e: mmcblk0p7
I need 3 codes: format /data, format /system, mount /system, but I need the device codes.
I can't find them because I installed a wrong custom ROM, and It won't boot the OS now, so only thing I can do is to get into CWM.
Also I don't can't get another rom on my micro SD-card, so yeah, I'm stuck now. Hopefully someone here can assist me, you get a lot of thanks for providing me dem codes.
You can find the program required here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490
and here are instructions:
Open MTK Droid Tool after connecting your phone to PC.
- Open Block Maps.
- Check these lines.
104714muzp6p6zpvl3q6vl.png.thumb.jpg

nikagl

Jun 11, 2006
Nieuwegein, NL
OnePlus 6
Hi, first of all, I'm noob in this, my v360 is also first phone I rooted etc.
But I'm tryin' to port MIUI 6 to phone (I have Liquid E1 DUO) so it will be for dualsim.
I'm currently at modifying the updater-script, but I need device codes f.e: mmcblk0p7
I need 3 codes: format /data, format /system, mount /system, but I need the device codes.
I can't find them because I installed a wrong custom ROM, and It won't boot the OS now, so only thing I can do is to get into CWM.
Also I don't can't get another rom on my micro SD-card, so yeah, I'm stuck now. Hopefully someone here can assist me, you get a lot of thanks for providing me dem codes.
You can find the program required here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490
and here are instructions:
Open MTK Droid Tool after connecting your phone to PC.
- Open Block Maps.
- Check these lines.

Be really, really, really carefull flashing other ROMs onto a device. Also, when using these types of codes building new kernels and recovery, be very very very carefull. I have bricked several devices when using the wrong codes... Some devices can be recovered with external tools. Some simply cannot... :(

So... that was my warning :)

My V360 is dead. Nevertheless, I think you can find some downloads that include the scatter loading file. Simply google for for instance "Acer_AV051_V360". Then, when using SP Flash tool, you should be able to flash a ROM using that.

So do not use a custom recovery and try to flash a rom that way, but use the SP Flash Tool and a stock ROM to recover the device.

You can also try the steps described previously from Brick3d's post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39293936&postcount=3

Btw, the Acer website also has some 2.0 ROMs for the V360, try those too (although it looks like those need to be installed using recovery):
http://global-download.acer.com/Ste...&OS=Android 4.1 Jelly Bean&FS=O01&Category=OS

Make sure to pick the correct one belonging to your device!

Regards,

Nika.

hirntot.

Jul 5, 2014
ROM link is down. :fingers-crossed:

EDIT:
wtf, how did I get here? was supposed to comment the Reverting back to stock rom/ unbrick your device topic.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting

Rooting

So, you want to root the phone? Alright let's get you started!

1. Download this file. This is a .zip I made which contains all the files you need to root the phone. It might be confusing at first, but you'll be doing this with your eyes closed after 2 times.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fxqckmx2jx6b573

2. Extract the files into a folder you like (mine is Desktop/ROOT, so that i cant forget where it is)

3. Shut down your phone, pull out the battery. next, plug it into your pc with the battery still out. open device manager, and youll see
    * unknown device
    *mtk 57*** preloader with (!) triangle.

4. Manually install the drivers for that device which you can find in the folder you extracted. Be sure to install the drivers provided for your OS!!!

5. After installing, put the battery back in your phone and unplug it for now.

The actual rooting process

1. Open the folder > Flash tool > run Flash_Tool.exe

2. Click scatter-loading, and select the MT6577_emmc_aa66_Acer_AV051_V360_1.003.00_WW_GEN1.txt file. (you can find that in the scatter folder)

3. From the list, check the mark at Recovery. (All other marks should be UNCHECKED)

4. Double click recovery, and select recoE1-superuser.img from the Images folder.

5. Click download, and confirm the popup with yes.

6. With the power of the phone still off, connect it to usb

7. Next you will see the progress bar turn red, then yellow, and if it's finished correctly you will see a green popup ring appear in the flash tool.

8. remove the usb cable from the phone, and boot into recovery mode (volume + and power buttons)

9. Go to the recovery, and you will be presented an android triangle! dont worry, just press volume + once.

11. Now highlight the reboot system now, and you're all done

12. Give a thanks, and subscribe to this thread. If i get the permissions from them I will update this thread with the new creations of Vache, and Paugustin, as well as my own.

#Update 2#
    Vache has released a CWM (v 6.0.2.8) onto his website. Flash this one like you would when flashing any boot img (see tutorial for that)
    http://www.vache-android.com/Smartphones/Liquid%20E1/recovery/CWM-6.0.2.8_Acer-E1.img

Release TWRP recovery, the swipe to action is still not working, waiting for a fix!
    http://www.vache-android.com/Smartphones/Liquid%20E1/recovery/TWRP-2.3.2.3_Acer-E1.img

Give this guy a big thanks for the awesome work he is doing!!!
    Acer Liquid E1 All in One thread; Rooting, Recovery and Kernel, Roms and Unbricking

Disclaimer
    We are Not responsible if you brick your device or lose your data. Rooting is done at own risk and we are not the ones to blame for messing up your phone. When you rooted this phone, you lost your warranty. Vache and Paugustin provided a way to restore your device to stock in case you mess up, and I've made a tutorial on that which you can find at the beginning of this thread.

If you have any question, feel free to reply, or leave a PM. I am always open for suggestions!
    Of course, if you get stuck somewhere in the process, tell us! but don't forget to tell us exactly what you did, what the screen shows, and what files you used.

Here is a simple overview of the thread for you so you can quick acces all posts:

The user iulian1421 has been kind enough to provice me with a zipped Nandroid backup. This means that we now have acces to both dual-sim, and single-sim firmwares. If you want to give it a try, flash the CWM recovery, unzip this file and place it in SD card. apply the backup through CWM restore option.

mega.co.nz/#!V0YDXTKA!I2H1biA_NzBzFUbORHv020gzpQpcZzl5XcroeTQ Dpbg

People who contributed in this project, and helped me out big time :highfive:
    • Brick3d
    • Vache
    • Paugustin
    • iulian1421
    • Master Shifu Yuweng
    • Pratikmore
    • Socr4te @ Needrom
    Revert back to stock rom/ Unbrick device

Unbricking the phone or revert back to stock rom

This guide is written with the intention of being as noob friendly as possible. I know some things around here are a bit hard to understand, so I wrote it like this just so that everyone could understand.

First of all, you want to download and install the drivers from the acer site:

http://www.acer.nl/ac/nl/NL/content/drivers

* you might need to look up your phone model again here, which is V360 (you can type that into the model name bar and it will redirect you to the correct

page).

Once downloaded you want to download these 2 files:

Here is the ROM : https://truck.it/p/NSKm45nxjh

Here is ADB+ Fastboot: http://d-h.st/592

Once you've got both files downloaded (main rom is 600mb), unzip the rom first. You will get 2 folders:

* Database_Acer_AV051_V360_1.003.00_WW_GEN1
    * Images

The Images folder is what we need most. You want to extract all contents from the ADB/fastboot zip file into the Images folder.

After you've done that (and assuming the drivers you installed are working correctly, a reboot of your pc might be required for that), shut down the phone.

Plug your phone into your pc with a USB cable (pretty obvious right?)

Hold the Volume + and Power buttons until it vibrates and shows you a nice little recovery menu. From here you need to pick the 'Fastboot'.

(Volume + is scrolling through menus, and volume down is selecting!!!)

After you've done that, you are shown the acer logo, with a small line of text underneath it which you can't completely read. Don't worry, its normal and if

the drivers are installed correctly it'll work anyways.

Now that you have set everything up you're ready to flash everything back to stock!

Once inside the folder containing the img files and adb/fastboot and their .dll files, you need to open a cmd in that window:

shift+ right mouse button > open command window here.

in the cmd screen now type this:

* fastboot flash boot boot.img - wait until it's finished. you will get an error or completed message in
    the cmd screen.

* fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - should be done in a few seconds.

* fastboot flash system system.img - this will take long, because as you can see its over 600mb, don't give
    up, first time it took me about 3 minutes to finish.

After flashing the system.img is done, wait for 10 seconds, then pull out the usb cable. Remove the battery from the phone, reinstert it, and boot it as usual. This should have flahsed your phone back to the stock JB Acer provided, including all apps and bugs that came with it.
    I have made Custom ROM ---> here
    Hello

Because i got "Acer_AV051_V360_2.001.01_WW_GEN1" on my phone, I think it´s not a good idea to try a root with the "MT6577_emmc_aa66_Acer_AV051_V360_1.003.00_WW_GEN1" from the first posting, right ?

Hi. You can learn how to root from here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2160490
    I did it by this way. I hope you can root v360 as me. cheers.