[ROM] Revelation 1.0.3 | JB | Sense 4+

Search This thread

haifish9999

Nov 22, 2011
Ha Noi
Camera app worked fine for me,both front and rear. Everything are fine without issue. Very impressive with this updated.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
latest 1.0.2 kernel? Do you use KSM? Try turning it OFF. How much battery you have left when this happens? Any logs+

I don't have any problems. Camera works fine, no reboots, no shutdowns. The users who have had these problems on every rom should check their hardware, maybe their battery is too old. ROM is perfect and KSM is very good, battery usage is minimal. Audio is the same as in ICS, very clear. Everything is great

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

slewi

Feb 4, 2011
Berlin
I don't have any problems. Camera works fine, no reboots, no shutdowns. The users who have had these problems on every rom should check their hardware, maybe their battery is too old. ROM is perfect and KSM is very good, battery usage is minimal. Audio is the same as in ICS, very clear. Everything is great

And... Does skype work if screen is off???

CryptKilla

Dec 26, 2010
www.callofgods.de
latest 1.0.2 kernel? Do you use KSM? Try turning it OFF. How much battery you have left when this happens? Any logs+

Sorry. No logs.
I am using latest viper rom, without the newest kernel. Still waiting for the update ;)

Time ago i'd same issue. It's related to excessive distance between battery contact and phone pins. I've fixed problem just putting a piece of paper to reduce distance. Try and tell me...
Hmmm...it could be. I bought fast an no name replacement battery. That could be a reason. I will try and report :)

Sent from www.callofgods.de

slewi

Feb 4, 2011
Berlin
To tell the truth I haven't tested it, cause I skype is about video calling, right? Will test it at home cause I don'r have much mb left on my data connection

I usually use a simple talk. :)
But everything is ok with data network. I have skype doesn't work with wifi if screen is off.
I hope you understand because i can speak English a little.

I look forward to your answer if you tried.

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
Anyone else have a problem with play store auto updating apps even if auto is turned off?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

Just figured it out, i was having same problem and its not the rom. Even tho in play store settings is un checked not to update but some apps do still update.

Go to play store, press menu/my apps then press on 1 of ur installed apps then press menu and ul see an auto update box there too, un check it :)

Bit of a balls coz u need to go through all ur apps.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
But everything is ok with data network. I have skype doesn't work with wifi if screen is off.

Maybe you have changed wifi settings. Go to wifi menu, advanced, keep wifi on during sleep. You have to choose always. This mens wifi is always on even with screen off

elgrego4

Mar 3, 2010
Just figured it out, i was having same problem and its not the rom. Even tho in play store settings is un checked not to update but some apps do still update.

Go to play store, press menu/my apps then press on 1 of ur installed apps then press menu and ul see an auto update box there too, un check it :)

Bit of a balls coz u need to go through all ur apps.

Yeah I discovered that last night too lol. There must be something that can be done about it.

elvisypi

Nov 11, 2010
Düsseldorf
Yeah I discovered that last night too lol. There must be something that can be done about it.

He already explained. Open the app, menu, uncheck auto update
a9y4azes.jpg

Reactions: jmcclue

JohnyB.

Jul 16, 2013
Portorož

Hi,

that could also be caust by Power saver. If you use the "Power saver" mode then you must uncheck the last option: "Data connection (Put to sleep when screen is off).

Hope it helps. ;)

boenklon2

Dec 2, 2011
Best htc sensation rom that i ever tried.
No complaint from my Gf so far.
Everything work just fine :)

Sent from my Nexus 4

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
Has anyone experienced FC when going into people tab? This only happens when i install haxsync under Accounts & sync. I get the same error on inspiration rom as well. must be the app. dang it.

hunt

Jun 28, 2012
Has anyone experienced FC when going into people tab? This only happens when i install haxsync under Accounts & sync. I get the same error on inspiration rom as well. must be the app. dang it.

Man !!! Why Haxsync is Required if we have Stock Integration for Photos/Live feeds from Facebook/g+/Twitter so on !!

Haxsync is more convenient with AOSP ROMs...

And in Sense 4+, I believe Contacts app is much more cleaned as compare to Sense 4.1 with HD photos :)

Sent from hunt's Sensation

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
Man !!! Why Haxsync is Required if we have Stock Integration for Photos/Live feeds from Facebook/g+/Twitter so on !!

Haxsync is more convenient with AOSP ROMs...

And in Sense 4+, I believe Contacts app is much more cleaned as compare to Sense 4.1 with HD photos :)

Sent from hunt's Sensation

Thanks for your response. I didn't realise as I will be coming from Viper 1.6.3 and I use haxsync in that.

I will install and report back.

slewi

Feb 4, 2011
Berlin
Maybe you have changed wifi settings. Go to wifi menu, advanced, keep wifi on during sleep. You have to choose always. This mens wifi is always on even with screen off

Hi,

that could also be caust by Power saver. If you use the "Power saver" mode then you must uncheck the last option: "Data connection (Put to sleep when screen is off).

Hope it helps. ;)

Elvisypi & JohnyB.

I recorded my problem. Please, You watch my video.

Youtube

Last edited:

SowerPlave

Jul 3, 2012
Malmö
I was very damn stoked to see that this ROM was a custom 4.1+ ROM with LPA so I downloaded the 1.0.1 version. Looking at the changelog now, it seems that LPA has been disabled.

I came from the CyanogenMod ROMs and the battery life could sometimes feel atrocious. I was only listening to music and surfing, and those ROMs had no support for LPA.

For people who are listening to a lot of music with their phone: Has there been a significant change in the battery life in the 1.0.2 version?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jUwD7GMMakp5Y.png

jbpS9cIeJP7HPD.png

Info
    • Based on HTC Ville C2 3.19.401.101
    • Android 4.1.1 with Sense 4+
    • Kernel 3.4.10 ported from Ville C2 by me
    • Stock as possible
    • All apps updated to newest versions
    • SuperUser
    • BusyBox

Features
    • Smoothness
    • Performance
    • Great battery life
    • Hardware image composition using MDP
    • Hardware V-Sync
    • Beats effect realized by aDSP
    • USB OTG without external power connector
    • Added support for overclocking (maximum CPU frequency 1836 MHz, maximum GPU frequency 320 MHz)
    • Working camera including: slow motion recording (120 fps), Panorama, HDR, Taking photos while recording, Continuous shooting
    • KSM

Changelog

• Fixed crashes while taking photos
    • Fixed Camera app, fixed auto focus in video mode, enabled continuous shooting (burst mode)
    • Optimized system apps and framework code
    • Updated apps
    • Included HTC Media Link HD
    • Kernel 1.0.3
    • Fixed LMK settings

• Fixed low and distorted sound on speaker caused by incorrect audio and voice calibration
    • Fixed HTC Sense restarts on low memory conditions
    • Fixed audio amplifier volume levels for headphones
    • Disabled LPA due to issues with audio playback
    • Added KSM Control app
    • More free RAM
    • Kernel 1.0.2

• Fixed auto focus and touch focus in Camera app in photo mode
    • Fixed incorrect camera lens correction
    • Fixed incorrect camera orientation and main camera swapped with front camera in some apps
    • Fixed low vibration feedback
    • Fixed customization settings, more languages and regions available during installation
    • Updated kernel

Issues
    • Unplugging MHL adapter sometimes hangs launcher
    • Wi-Fi Direct doesn't work - there is no new Wi-Fi firmware available for Sensation

Download
    Revelation 1.0.3 (md5: 90bfc382b612cc1b59243b464ef223ba)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!40923DIT!bkGWbnH_ExPoy4uHK4Wy6QjIZH1CUs3Z7ZAxEmcsw1U
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291675026

Kernel
    SebastianFM kernel 1.0.3

Thanks
    Special thanks for my gf Paulina - the best beta tester ever!
    Ivica - for being friend and helping me
    m0narX and shnizlon - for cooperation

Donations
    s-danny
    weatheryoko
    billgreenwood
    ShadowCodeGaming
    yazzabo
    Federico Guerrazzi
    -Jonny-
    rev_cac
    Raven2k
    iphuang
    stevocz
    cippixi
    Burkhard Strauß
    Vladimir Ilin
    rumenovski
    Васин Александр
    JohnyB
    Philip Milburn
    Karl Royle
    Valentin Stanchev
    Gramzz x2
    burjuym
    Dharmesh Rathod
    Reza Pahlevi
    Christian Jung
    pixule
    PandaKiller
    nmnikolov
    shikata6
    Pavelol
    smint86
    Fahad Qureshi
    DarkLP
    Klevis Vishh
    Bornin
    Nevedomskiy Andrey
    János Juhász
    Leonardo Volpi
    Dominik Radomski
    blast1987
    StZ's
    Rita Muster
    Victor Yankov
    allhill
    hbalkhi
    Tomasz Paś x2
    bitaktus
    tichyline
    Henrik Dam

Thank you very much!
    First i would like to say..

TAKE THIS HTC, HA!

And would like to say special thanks to SebastianFM, because what he did here is just breathtaking!
    This will most definitely bring a new life to Sensation and its owner's, bringing you some of the features of new top selling HTC device's to our "old" beloved Sensation, and open a new doors for further development(Sense 5).

And also don't forget to send SebastianFM a beer or two, he deserves it more than anything!
    Kernel SamePage Merging (KSM)
    KSM decreases memory usage by sharing identical memory pages amongst different processes. Both kernel and ROM supports it. KSM Control app allows you to enable this feature and set memory scanning speed.

PnPMgr
    I created various profiles for system daemon PnPMgr with defined various maximum CPU and GPU frequencies. You can change it using installation package. Also I added new rules and improvements from HTC One, like maximum CPU screen-off frequency 1026 MHz, optimal CPU frequency settings for updated ondemand governor and boot-time performance lock which will decrease booting time to 30 seconds.
    Revelation 1.0.2 changelog
    • Fixed low and distorted sound on speaker caused by incorrect audio and voice calibration
    • Fixed HTC Sense restarts on low memory conditions
    • Fixed audio amplifier volume levels for headphones
    • Disabled LPA due to issues with audio playback
    • Added KSM Control app
    • More free RAM
    • Kernel 1.0.2

SebastianFM kernel 1.0.2 changelog
    • Fixed issue with random kernel crashes on some devices
    • Added KSM
    • Optimized memory layout
    • Updated ION, ondemand governor, GPU, Android Binder and Android Low Memory Killer drivers from newest HTC One kernel

Kernel SamePage Merging (KSM)
    KSM decreases memory usage by sharing identical memory pages amongst different processes. Both kernel and ROM supports it. KSM Control app allows you to enable this feature and set memory scanning speed.

Thanks
    I want to say thank you to Ivica, enabling KSM was his idea.
    Also I want to thank XxXPachaXxX for all tests and logs made by him when I've tried to find issue of kernel crashes. P. S. Now you can play in Beach Buggy Blitz because all issues with too low free memory gone. :)
    Changelog

• Fixed auto focus and touch focus in Camera app in photo mode
    • Fixed incorrect camera lens correction
    • Fixed incorrect camera orientation and main camera swapped with front camera in some apps
    • Fixed low vibration feedback
    • Fixed customization settings. More languages and regions available during installation.
    • Updated kernel

I started to fix low audio quality, but it will take some time. Currently aDSP receives audio and voice calibration data for One S, which is incorrect for Sensation speaker. I captured Sensation audio and voice calibration data in ICS. Now I must create fix which will replace it at run-time.