[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.2] [3.4 kernel] [Early TESTING phase]

Search This thread

flintman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 25, 2011
MASS
For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4.2).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
  • Phone calls work and I have gotten word so does sms. unsure on MMS as my device is not active.
  • Camera
  • GPS
  • Misc sensors
  • Slight delay when coming out of sleep
  • Rotation FIXED in 4-24-14 Test Build
  • Headset audio is being routed to the back speaker but have no issue hearing it while on the phone will work on this next FIXED in 4-24-14 Test Build
This is a very early Alpha build. Let me know what you find.

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
(New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
(Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

[Download]
If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

ev_shooter-testing-2014.04.24.zip

Netflix 3.2.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
i would like to thank Flemmard, Team Senny and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.

Last edited:

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
What happened to drew?

Anyways
After a clean flash + core gapps
Obviously camera doesn't work as its not there
Data works and sms works but MMS will not for me on virgin...changed apns and also tried with textra....still no go

Overall the ROM seems very laggy

Slow to respond to anything especially when typing

Thanks for trying to update evervolv!
It used to be a favorite:beer:

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

flintman

Feb 25, 2011
MASS
What happened to drew?

Anyways
Data works and sms works but MMS will not for me on virgin...changed apns and also tried with textra....still no go

Working the audio repairs now once done ill work on smoothing out the ROM. It's a giant work in progress but a great start.

HideTheCookies

Mar 3, 2013
Temperance
Wow i cant believe more people aren't excited about a 3.4 kernel. I was wondering if this will get us closer to a working sense 4+ ROM even though this is asop based?

I've been running this since it was posted the only problems i have is when the battery is low and u plug in the led takes like 5+sec to stop flashing even though the batt icon changes immediately. Also when it boots up it looks like it gets stuck on the splash screen for a bit then the boot animation starts.

Reactions: flintman

flintman

Feb 25, 2011
MASS
Wow i cant believe more people aren't excited about a 3.4 kernel. I was wondering if this will get us closer to a working sense 4+ ROM even though this is asop based?

I've been running this since it was posted the only problems i have is when the battery is low and u plug in the led takes like 5+sec to stop flashing even though the batt icon changes immediately. Also when it boots up it looks like it gets stuck on the splash screen for a bit then the boot animation starts.

Still very early in the build. Thanks for the info

Sent from my Touchpad using xda app-developers app

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx

Damn wish i had a 3.4 kernel. F-ing note 2!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: amixt

asce1992

Apr 14, 2014
Flintman can you make this rom for GSM version?

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

Reactions: amixt

hossman

Dec 1, 2012
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5a
New build seems much smoother
MMS worked for me after switching apns ... I'm on virgin

If it had a camera I would play a little more...I need it often for work

I also encountered some issues downloading apps
I went to play store and click download xda, then as it starts went to download Facebook and then the phone freezes and reboots and then has media something force closing...reboot fixed then when I try to download again same thing freeze and reboot....did this 3x with same result....i will see if I can get a log for you later today

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: flintman

flintman

Feb 25, 2011
MASS
New build seems much smoother
MMS worked for me after switching apns ... I'm on virgin

If it had a camera I would play a little more...I need it often for work

I also encountered some issues downloading apps
I went to play store and click download xda, then as it starts went to download Facebook and then the phone freezes and reboots and then has media something force closing...reboot fixed then when I try to download again same thing freeze and reboot....did this 3x with same result....i will see if I can get a log for you later today

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app

Ill Check into that. Thanks for testing it out. The camera is going to take a little work i need to spend some time figuring that out. It will come with time.

Master Gowa

Nov 8, 2012
Las Vegas
Does 4G/wimax work on this rom?

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Decided to try this rom and it did something that always worries me because I never know what to do. It tries to "activate mobile data service". Should I skip this step or do I have to let it try till it works? Most roms don't have this step. What should I do?

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks for the work! It's nice to see a non-cm ROM that's not based on stock.

I couldn't get full boot on hboot 1.50.5050, it would run the animation but never built the /data directory up (I let it sit all night and checking the /data partition in TWRP afterwards showed it was entirely empty.)
Wiped /system, /data, and /cache. Tried installing it both with and without gapps.
hboot 1.04_eng seems to be booting it up better. adb lets me in and /data subdirectories are constructed. but then /data is mounted ro and won't construct the dalek-cache. can't even force it to remount /data rw in adb shell.
Tried on both hboots with the 4ext and TWRP recoveries which install the cm11s ok. Am I missing something obvious?
//edit: dmesg excerpts
<4>[ 68.335052] EXT4-fs warning (device mmcblk0p24): ext4_clear_journal_err:4232: Filesystem error recorded from previous mount: IO failure
<4>[ 68.335235] EXT4-fs warning (device mmcblk0p24): ext4_clear_journal_err:4233: Marking fs in need of filesystem check.
<4>[ 68.343688] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p24): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended
<6>[ 68.348022] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p24): recovery complete
<6>[ 68.352172] EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p24): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc
<7>[ 68.352325] SELinux: initialized (dev mmcblk0p24, type ext4), uses xattr

<2>[ 72.660522] EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p24): ext4_init_inode_table:1112: comm ext4lazyinit: Something is wrong with group 0: used itable blocks: 478; itable unused count: 0
logcat specifies can't write to dalek-cache and processes die/respawn.
//re-edit: cat /dev/zero > /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 in adb, then formatting /data in 4ext, fixed it. must have been my glitch, sorry.

Last edited:

flintman

Feb 25, 2011
MASS
Thanks for the work! It's nice to see a non-cm ROM that's not based on stock.

I couldn't get full boot on hboot 1.50.5050, it would run the animation but never built the /data directory up (I let it sit all night and checking the /data partition in TWRP afterwards showed it was entirely empty.)
Wiped /system, /data, and /cache. Tried installing it both with and without gapps.
hboot 1.04_eng seems to be booting it up better. adb lets me in and /data subdirectories are constructed. but then /data is mounted ro and won't construct the dalek-cache. can't even force it to remount /data rw in adb shell.
Tried on both hboots with the 4ext and TWRP recoveries which install the cm11s ok. Am I missing something obvious?
//edit: dmesg excerptslogcat specifies can't write to dalek-cache and processes die/respawn.
//re-edit: cat /dev/zero > /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 in adb, then formatting /data in 4ext, fixed it. must have been my glitch, sorry.

Working on a recovery for this which should help im a twrp guy so it will be a touch twrp.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: bigsupersquid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Right now the current source we are working on is KITKAT(Android 4.4.2).

Current version: 4.0.0p1

Current Items not working/Buggy
    • Phone calls work and I have gotten word so does sms. unsure on MMS as my device is not active.
    • Camera
    • GPS
    • Misc sensors
    • Slight delay when coming out of sleep
    • Rotation FIXED in 4-24-14 Test Build
    • Headset audio is being routed to the back speaker but have no issue hearing it while on the phone will work on this next FIXED in 4-24-14 Test Build
    This is a very early Alpha build. Let me know what you find.

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (New Site is up Check it out)

Evervolv Bug Tracker: http://bugs.evervolv.com/
    (Please have discretion when reporting issues, and be descriptive / helpful. Also understand that we'll have some growing pains with this. So don't expect everything to be perfect.)

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/wbellavance

IRC: #evervolv

[Download]
    If you already have evervolv installed you should see this build under testing if you refresh and can download that way.

ev_shooter-testing-2014.04.24.zip

Netflix 3.2.1 -- Don't upgrade Netflix to the latest if you did download here and downgrade and uncheck auto update in the Play Store this is temp until I figure out what changed again.

NOTE: Recommend a clean install if moving from a previous version and or another ROM.

Flashing from cm or any other ROM will require a clean install, dirty flashes can cause random reboots and random errors

[Disclaimer]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, lost data, etc, etc. You all know the drill. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP

[Special Thanks]
    i would like to thank Flemmard, Team Senny and anyone else that helped to make this happen. More great work to come.
    What happened to drew?

Anyways

Working the audio repairs now once done ill work on smoothing out the ROM. It's a giant work in progress but a great start.
    Uploaded a new test build. Fixes the audio issue along with Rotation and a few behind the scene fixes
    What's the good word on this rom?
    :)

Been busy with work im in HVAC so its my busy time. I have been working the camera in my short spare time. Im still working it but will be slow for a little bit.

Flintman, you're the man, this is for you https://db.tt/cBh1bLWk
    It's rap, hope you like it

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Should have an update soon. Working camera hopefully i can finish by the weekend. Thanks foe the song 8)