[Q] NAE Question

Search This thread

tcatut

Oct 2, 2008
I just had to replace my S4 because I broke the screen on my old one. Unfortunately, the new one was shipped to me with NAE firmware and boot loader already installed. This means I'm already on KNOX from the first second of turning it on.

I have seen plenty of guides on how to update to NAE, and get root, etc. by not allowing KNOX to installed. However, I haven't really seen anything about what can be done if it's already installed. There's things scattered all over the net that suggest there might be ways around this, but nothing on the forums here that I have been able to find yet.

I'm not looking to flash any crazy roms or anything right now, I really just want root, but it seems like even that might be impossible now. Could I use something like "DrKetan Multitool" to "DeKNOX" my device and then root it? Does this tool even work on the S4, he claims it does but I've not seen it mentioned on the actual S4 forums. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Note, I am looking for a method that doesn't trip the flash counter; or at least allows a reset afterwards. I'd rather not void the warranty on a brand new device if possible.

tcatut

Oct 2, 2008
I was already planning on installing UnknownForce Stock Rooted NAE Rom, if it's possible. However, you didn't really answer my question. Is there a method to bypass/kill the KNOX boot loader at this point or not? If not, then I might as well just stop now. I'm not prepared to void the warranty at this point.

frostedunit

Oct 16, 2011
The Nati
I was already planning on installing UnknownForce Stock Rooted NAE Rom, if it's possible. However, you didn't really answer my question. Is there a method to bypass/kill the KNOX boot loader at this point or not? If not, then I might as well just stop now. I'm not prepared to void the warranty at this point.

No. Once you have Knox, you have it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk